Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


The Cast:

Black Widow the Scion, played by Tricky
Lucky Star the Beacon, played by Godfish
Prototype the Protoge, played by thatbastardken
Wraith the Transformed, played by Tardzilla

-----------------------------

Team: 1

The four of you are near a small run-down looking warehouse, seemingly abandoned - but the occasional Russian Mob member stepping out and making sure no one is nearby betrays that. The streets are eerily silent, and it lets you hear the cars that are quickly driving closer to this location. A few blocks away they stop. There’s a moment where nothing happens...until the doors open and members of Helldrake Syndicate come out, wearing their fancy suits that would make them look ready for a business meeting if they weren’t carrying guns. Pistols, submachine guns, a few have rifles and hang back, some have shotguns and take the front. They’re led by Kurian Sankaran Opal, or Blood Opal as she’s known in Koreatown. She’s the only one not armed with a firearm, a large machete in her hand instead. She motions towards the warehouse and you see they’re getting ready to make an attack.

Prototype: There’s a conspicuous lack of people here - and there was a message broadcast over the police radio for officers in this area to leave and deal with another matter elsewhere. When the police get those orders it means Helldrake Syndicate is about to hit someone hard. It’s what let you guys know something was going to happen here. What’s your plan?

Black Widow: If you stop Helldrake Syndicate from hitting this place, Dai Ushi will probably be even madder at you then she is now - and she’s already not happy with what happened when the Russians and Helldrake clashed before. If you don’t though, people will probably die. Are you okay with that even if they’re criminals? What do you do?

Lucky Star: Being able to phase through walls is pretty handy to spy on what people are doing - which is how you know they have a man tied to a chair and are currently more focused on him instead of keeping an eye out. Do you want to head back to the group and inform them or do something about it now?

Wraith: You and your gang tried to stay out of the Spiderweb and Helldrake’s way, but what made Blood Opal visit you one time? How did that end? And what do you do now?

In addition to what you do, say what your purpose in the fight is and if you distrust Prototype or another member of the team

-----------------------------

OOC Thread

Influence/NPC sheet

Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on. For the start of the game, wait until everyone has made one post before posting again. This is just so that it’s easier for me to look at character sheets in the future when coming back to the first page.

Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.

Good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd





Conditions: Potential 0/5 Forward:

Check and re-check all systems. Battery is full. Artificial muscles show as fully operational. Sensors online, although the mapping up-link hasn't been properly integrated and is giving some weird readings. Jump jets are red, but that's because I disconnected them after the last test was a...a learning experience. Weapons...yeah. I could use the electro-laser, but it eats hella power and I'm not sure it won't just kill whoever I hit with it. Better stick to hand combat for now. Even better, let Wraith and Black Widow do the heavy lifting on that score and help Lucky Star with the cleanup.

quote:

What’s your plan?

Containment, primarily. Every time a gang fight like this happens there's a chance for someone innocent to get caught in the crossfire, even when the streets seem empty. If those rifles miss a shot the bullet can go for a mile and still punch through thin walls with enough force to kill a person on the other side. So we let the Helldrakes get in close with the Russians, then hit them both while they're distracted. Knock out or capture as many as possible, let the rest run, leave before the cops show up. We've got zip ties to restrain prisoners, and even if they just walk out of the police station once their lawyers show up they should get the message we're trying to send: Koreatown isn't your victim anymore. I have to remember not to get too focused on the plan, though. Plans that can't be changed are bad plans. Remember what Brass said, and be mindful of my surroundings.

Prototype's purpose in the fight is to prevent civilian casualties while sending a message. Mae doesn't distrust any of her team-mates.

@Prototype: 2d6+2 assess the situation = (3+2)+2 = 7

asking 2 questions:
  • how could we best end this quickly?
  • what here is the biggest threat?


Protege posted:

HERO NAME: Prototype
REAL NAME: Mae Brilliant
Look
• woman
• black
• athletic body
• casual clothes
• protective wear

Abilities
You are someone’s protégé. Your powers largely mimic theirs, but each of you is in some way unique. Pick one ability you both share and one ability for each of you that is uniquely yours.
SHARED ABILITY: weapons and gadgets
YOUR OWN ABILITY: powerful armor
YOUR MENTOR’S ABILITY: Superhuman physique

Mentor
You have a mentor, someone who’s taught you, trained you, given you aid, or raised you up. Someone who might have confined you a bit too rigidly to a single path. Which Label do they embody, and which do they deny? (circle one each)

EMBODIES Superior
DENIES Danger

Labels
DANGER -1
FREAK 0
SAVIOR +2
SUPERIOR +2
MUNDANE 0

Mentor’s Resources
Choose up to three resources that your mentor gave you and the team:
A hidden base, a vehicle, communicators

Moves:

Been reading the files: You’ve learned about the superhuman world through your mentor’s
resources. When you first encounter an important superpowered/criminal phenomenon (your call), roll + Superior. On a hit, tell the team one important detail you’ve learned from your studies. The GM will tell you what, if anything, seems different from what you remember. On a 10+, ask the GM a follow-up question; they will answer it honestly. On a miss, the situation is well outside your base of knowledge; the GM will tell you why

Captain: When you enter battle as a team, add an extra Team to the pool and carry +1 forward if you are the leader.

Be mindful of your surroundings: When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.

Moment of Truth
The moment that you show who you really are: your mentor, or something different. You can do whatever your mentor could do and more. You can do the incredible, even the things they always failed to accomplish. Of course, they’re not going to see you the same way, no matter which path you choose…

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you’ve been a good leader effective teammate. If they say yes, your mentor loses Influence over you and you mark potential. If they say no, your mentor gains Influence over you, and you take +1 forward on using the Label your mentor embodies.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you and add a Team to the pool


POTENTIAL 0/5

Every time you roll a miss on a move, mark potential.

Advancement
When you fill your potential track, you advance. Choose from the list below.
Take another move from your playbook
Take another move from your playbook
Take a move from another playbook
Someone permanently loses Influence over you;add +1 to a Label
Rearrange your Labels as you choose, and add +1 to a Label
Unlock your Moment of Truth
Add +2 to the Label your mentor embodies or denies
Choose up to four more resources from yourmentor


Other Moves

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

Alright, first off? It doesn't matter if Dai Ushi likes me. I still plan to kick her and hers out of town, they're just useful for stopping the Web from picking us as the biggest, most obvious set of people to make an example of at the moment. All I care about is if she respects me. She respects the Spider, even if he's basically her loving archenemy. And, sure, my life will be easier if the Russians take the hard fall tonight, but we'll see how things go.

I'm fine letting Prototype take point on this thing, come up with some fancy plan for the lot of us. This whole team thing was her idea, but the moment it sucks I'll cut loose. Don't think I haven't seen the way she looks at me when she thinks I'm not watching. She only sees him.

...Ugh, now I just want to kick the poo poo out of someone. I keep a sharp eye out for anyone we might have missed. Sentries, cameras, anything like that. Worst thing that could happen is that we get all the attention before we're ready to drop the hammer, right?

Black Widow is game for the overall plan, but doesn't entirely trust Prototype.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 12:15 AM
@Black Widow: 2d6 also assessing = (2+4) = 6

Getting that potential!

quote:


Name: Alexa Ibañez
Hero Name: Black Widow
Look: Woman, Latina, Slender Body, Casual Clothing, Aggressive Costume

Your Lineage:
You are the child of a true supervillain, someone with power and the will to use that power to cause harm. Even though you strive to be different than them, you are what you are because of them, in one way or another.

Sebastian Ibañez, a.k.a The Spider

What kind of villain are they? Cruel mastermind.
What is your relationship with them like? Mostly strangers.
They have an array of abilities, assets, and strengths; what are some of them? Endless minions, unrivaled genius, ???
What abilities do you use to fight them? Impressive martial prowess, regeneration.

Labels:
Danger +1
Freak +0
Savior +2
Superior +0
Mundane +0

Moves:
❑ They don’t deserve forgiveness: When you accuse an enemy of being irredeemable, you can mark two conditions to take Influence over you away from them. When you directly engage someone who has no Influence over you, you can always choose 1 additional option, even on a miss.
❑ White lies: When you comfort or support someone by telling them lies they want to hear, roll + Savior instead of + Mundane. On a hit, if they open up to you, take Influence over them.

Respect:
Write down the names of at least two other characters whose respect you need to earn in order to differentiate yourself from your parent. You may fill in new names whenever appropriate.

Your parent’s greatest enemy: Dai Ushi
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

Your parent’s greatest victim: _____________
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

Your personal idol: _____________________
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

The neighborhood’s greatest leader: ________________
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

The neighborhood’s greatest vigilante: Carbine
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

The neighborhood’s biggest celebrity: ______________
Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

When you seek out one of the characters named above, roll + Savior. On a hit, you track them down. On a 7-9, they’re juggling their own problems, and may not have time for you. On a miss, when you find them, the situation is dire; the GM will tell you how.

If you earn Influence over the characters listed above, instead you mark 1 Respect. If you lose Influence over the characters listed above, you lose 1 Respect. If you lose 1 Respect and you have none marked, you immediately mark a condition, GM’s choice.

The first time you reach 4 Respect on an individual, take an advancement.

While you have 4 Respect on an individual:
• You can reject their Influence at a +3 (does not stack with the above).
• You take +1 to a Label of their choice (record it next to their name).
If you dip below 4 Respect on an individual, you lose those benefits.

Moment of Truth:
People have always tried to define you by your lineage. As if from the moment you were born, you were meant to be some villain to be defeated. But...they’re right, aren’t they? That darkness is in you. So right here, right now, you’re not fighting it—you’re embracing it. Both hero and villain, and greater besides. You’re overcoming impossible odds in ways no hero would approve of, and no villain could comprehend. Of course, after seeing what you can really do when you embrace the whole of yourself, the rest of the world isn’t going to forget who you really are...

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you have earned their respect. If you have, take Influence over them and mark potential. If you have not, give them Influence over you and mark potential.
When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they would defend you against those who mistrust you. If they say yes, clear a condition and shift Savior up and any other Label down. If they say no, mark a condition and shift Danger up and any other Label down.

When our team first came together...
Someone important learned about my lineage and condemned us all. Who? Why?

Relationships:
____________________ is the only one who understands what I’m going through; I told them which part of me I wished was more like my parent.
My parent once fought and thrashed _____________________; I’ve got to find a way to make it up to them.

Influence:
This team may be the key to proving you’re different from your parent, but you don’t want to be defined by your peers, either. Give Influence to 2 teammates.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +3 | Danger +2 | Savior +0 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Blood Opal. Not surprised that I'd be running into her again. Last time I saw her, she came to my gang, and if you're wondering why a Helldrake would be meeting with a group of delinquent kids, it's because she was trying to recruit us. Well, more like she was trying to recruit me. She didn't care about the rest. Guess she thought I was perfect Helldrake material, and I gave her my answer in the form of a raised middle finger. poo poo got tense for a moment, but then she started laughing, told me she liked me even more, and told me to seek her out if I ever change my mind.

Guess I could still do that. Just walk up to her, join her crew, and turn on my current gang. Knowing her, she probably won't bat an eye over my new appearance. That's always an option, but gently caress if I'm ever going to become a Helldrake goon. She can shove her offer up her rear end for all I care.

I stay back for now, tugging on my hood to make sure my face stays covered, and wait for Mae- Prototype's signal before I start wrecking poo poo up.

quote:


Hero Name: Wraith
Real Name: Esmeralda Flores
Look: Woman, latinx, upsetting eyes, strange flesh, no costume

Abilities:
❑ Transmuting flesh
❑ Inhuman might

Labels:
Danger +2
Freak +3
Savior +0
Superior -1
Mundane -1

Moves:
❑ Not human enough: When you directly engage a threat in a terrifying fashion, mark a condition to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

❑ Wish I could be: When you comfort or support someone, if you tell them what you most envy about them, you can roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

❑ Be the Monster:
When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll + Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose one. On a 7-9, choose two.
- You frighten others you had not intended to scare
- You hurt someone or break something you shouldn’t have
- You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM’s choice)

Moment of Truth:
It’s so easy to forget that you’re not your body, and you’re not the voice in your head—you’re both. Be the monster, and save them anyway. Smash down walls, and speak softly. Because when you embrace it, you can do anything. Of course, putting on a display like this is sure to rile up those who see only the monster when they look at you…

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, clear one condition if they treat you like a perfectly normal person and mark potential if they praise your power or abilities.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you’re losing or gaining humanity. If they say losing, mark a condition and mark potential. If they say gaining, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down.

When our team first came together...
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?

Relationships:
Lucky Star comforted you when you were at your lowest.
Prototype knew you before you changed.

Influence:
You try not to care what other people think, even if you can’t shut everyone out. Give Influence to one teammate.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Prototype's plan is good, but someone said a good plan never survives first contact with life, I think! And it's true, containing the fight from hitting civilians is good, but it doesn't cover this hostage they've got. I don't know enough about them to say, is it an interrogation? Plain old gang beating? Insurance against the Helldrakes? There's no way to know just yet... They might be a civilian even too. Cupping my hand over my mouth, I activate the communicators Prototype provided for us and whisper as quietly as I can into it, "They've got someone tied up in here. I'm going to try and get closer so I can free them when it starts. Slowly. Over." Luckily, warehouses like this provide a lot of cover, so I can s l o w l y advance towards the group and the chair.

Lucky Star is down with the plan to keep the fight from spilling over, but she also wants to save the captive. She doesn't distrust anyone, but she isn't sure she trusts the entire team either.


The Beacon posted:



Hero Name: Lucky Star
Real Name: Anne O'Sullivan

Look: woman, white, smiling face, casual clothing, stylish costume

Abilities: martial arts (boxing), phasing

Moves
Won’t let you down: When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the Team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Suck it, Domitian: When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

Drives
Choose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved. When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city
❑ lead the team successfully in battle
❑ kiss someone dangerous
❑ punch someone you probably shouldn’t
❑ help a teammate when they most need you
❑ take down a threat all on your own
❑ outperform an adult hero
❑ pull off a ridiculous stunt
❑ save a teammate’s life
❑ get drunk or high with a teammate
❑ drive a fantastical vehicle
❑ get a new costume
❑ get a new hero name
❑ earn the respect of a hero you admire
❑ make out with a teammate
❑ punch out a teammate
❑ break up with someone
❑ stop a fight with calm words
❑ tell someone your true feelings for them
❑ travel to an incredible place (or time)
❑ reject someone who tells you “you shouldn’t be here”

Labels
Danger -1
Freak -1
Savior +3
Superior +0
Mundane +2

Moment of Truth
This is the moment when you show them exactly why you belong here. You do any one thing, take out any one enemy, no matter how insane, no matter how ridiculous, because that’s you. Their jaws are gonna drop when you’re done. Of course, pulling off a stunt like this tends to bring unwanted attention and a dangerous reputation...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they’re awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you’re awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice.

When our team first came together...
We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

Relationships
____________________ is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.
You’ve got to prove yourself to_____________________ before you feel like a real hero.

Influence
Influence on Me: Wraith, Prototype, Black Widow
Influence I have: Wraith, Black Widow

GodFish fucked around with this message at Feb 27, 2019 around 23:50

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


2 Team gets added to the pool, plus one for having the same purpose, plus another one for Prototype's Captain move but minus one since Black Widow distrusts Prototype, unless Prototype takes a Condition to offset it

Team: 4


Black Widow: You peek out from the corner of the dumpster you're hiding behind, where Blood Opal is passing in order to see if you can spot anything. She gives no notice that she's seen you until she suddenly lunges toward your hiding spot and grabs you. She lifts you up with one hand and hurls you back down onto the ground, hard.

Roll to take a powerful blow

"Find the rest of them," she shouts to the group as she raises her machete. What do you do?

Prototype: It's Blood Opal who sticks out as most dangerous. If it wasn't enough that she's an enforcer for Dai Ushi, the way she's casually moving towards the warehouse without hesitation despite not having a gun makes you realize she's very confident in her ability to fight without one. It doesn't seem to bother her that the Russians will have them either.

And then Blood Opal grabs Black Widow and slams her to the ground while Lucky Star is talking about a captive the Russians have. Looks like you've been found out and there's more going on to this situation - your best bet would be to take out the Helldrake people right now and then deal with the Russians. What do you do?

Wraith: When Blood Opal shouts out, the Helldrakes raise their weapons and begin to look around for the rest of you. What do you do?

Lucky Star: The Russians haven't noticed you yet, but as you get closer one of them pulls out a pistol. "We're not going to find out anything from him. I say we just kill him now," he says as he aims it at the man's head. The man in the chair clenches his hands on the armrests, looking around to see what the rest of them do. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I hear something crack — and feel it — when she slams me down. Don't quite know what it was, but it hurts like hell to move so I'm a little slow getting out of the way. And... there's the uncrack. Feels much better. I manage to swipe her machete to the side, but we're still locked in a grapple when all's said and done. I say, "gently caress you, Opal."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:47 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6 TPB = (6+3) = 9

Giving ground.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Black Widow: The moment of pain allows Blood Opal the opportunity to grab your arm. She then just drags you out into the open street as if you were a doll - not bothered by your weight or resistance at all. "Maybe you shouldn't say that to someone who's better at fighting then you," she says with a wry smile. "Whatever abilities you have can't make up for experience. I have far more of that then you do." Do you accept what she's saying?

If you accept her words, shift Danger down and Freak up

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

For a moment, I just stare at her as she holds my arm. Just a moment, though, and then I see exactly how to take her down. I can see dozens of places I could hit, places that she can't fix like magic. That feeling of utter lethality, the niggling idea in the back of my head that says I don't have to let her walk away from this... it's enough for me to know that she's full of poo poo. If she had half the experience she claimed, she wouldn't be showboating like this. And if she's no expert fighter, the veteran of a thousand back-alley brawls... who gives a gently caress what she says?

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 9:13 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6 Reject Influence = (4+3) = 7

Removing influence and taking +1 forward.

In an instant, I flip up off the street and over Opal. Even if she tries to let go, it's too late. I've got her arm firmly in my grasp, now awkwardly strained behind her back as I stand behind her. I say, "Are you, though? From where I'm standing, you're about to have a real bad day." And then you know what? I kick her, precisely, right in each kidney, then dropkick her so she stumbles into the open dumpster I was hiding behind. "Oh, man, here I am cleaning up the streets already."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 9:28 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6+2 DE (including +1 forward from the Reject) = (3+3)+2 = 8

Avoiding Blows and, per They Don't Deserve Forgiveness, Creating an Opportunity for someone like, say, Wraith to hit her while she's in the dumpster.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Black Widow: When you flip up, Opal looks very surprised right up until she gets kicked into a dumpster. She struggles to get up, breathing heavily from the kicks you gave her. "I guess...I underestimated you. All right then." She takes a deep breath.

Blood Opal marks Insecure

Wraith: Blood Opal is currently thrown off, separated from the rest of the Helldrakes and getting ready to get back up and go after Black Widow. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Ohshitohshitohshit, this went from like, fifty to a hundred real fast! Pressing my back up against a crate for a second, I take a deep breath, focusing. There's no time to ask for advice, they could pull the trigger any time. But guns aren't as big a threat to me as they could be. I can do this! Body shaking, I take a deep breath in, filling myself with determination, and feel it steady. Then I let the breath out in a loud scream "YHAAAAAAAHH!" and charge for the chair and the captive. Diving forward, I grab the rope tying them to the chair in one hand, the chair in the other and phase. The rope and chair come with me, held in my hands, but suddenly stop being solid, vanishing out from under their butt. Any shot aimed at them is going to miss, and any for me hopefully passes before I turn solid again hitting the ground. I definitely drew their attention, but hopefully my yell will that'll get the Helldrakes inside here to. Not ideal, maybe, but better than the two of us just being the only targets. "RUN-OOF!" That was the sound of me hitting the floor.

8 to Defend: Escalating the situation by drawing the Helldrake's attention. If that doesn't count, I'll expose myself to danger.
And taking influence over this person for saving their life!

GodFish fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2019 around 08:08

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd




Conditions: Potential 0/5 Forward:

"Confirmed Lucky Star, secure the hostage before we-uh, please hold."

poo poo! Blood Opal was on to us? I'm frozen for a moment while she fights Widow before I can act. Then I try to act like a leader, confidently telling Wraith:

"Go kick her rear end, would you?"

With her contained the rest of the gang should fold. My job now is going to be keeping the goons busy until their fearsome leader is down, which should be no problem. I toggle the vocal distortion in my helmet speak, step out into clear view of the goons and say something cool to get their attention:

"Come quietly or there will be...trouble!"

One of them curses at me in Korean before shooting me with his shotgun, joined by the rest of them a split second later. I act on instinct and charge into them like a linebacker, flattening one, two, three...but there are so many more than I thought, and some of those bullets hurt like a motherfucker even when the armor means I'm not dead. I've never stress-tested it in against rifle-caliber ammunition before! Oh God what if it all falls apart here, and I end up shot in the street like an idiot in a home made costume who tried to fight trained killers? What the hell was I thinking? I'm just a kid! The panic turns to rage at my own stupidity and I stiff-arm a punk with a crimson mohawk in the chest, feeling bone crack under the impact. Another one hits me in the faceplate with a rifle butt to no effect and I headbutt him back, cracking his pierced nose and sending blood cascading down his silk shirt.

@Prototype: 2d6 directly engage helldrake goon squad = (3+6) = 9

trading blows, and choosing to give the team an opportunity.

@Prototype: 2d6 take a powerful blow = (4+4) = 8

Suffering the conditions Afraid and Angry!


thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2019 around 09:15

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +3 | Danger +2 | Savior +0 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

I nod at Prototype, and pull back on my hood so that it's no longer covering my face. Blood Opal's a badass, sure, but I wonder, how will she react when the Night Wraith, the silent stalker, appears in front of her? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I let my teeth elongate into giant fangs, and my claws become longer, and sharper, making my appearance look more terrifying than usual. I hate doing this, but sometimes, ya gotta be the monster if you wanna fight monsters, no matter how much you hate doing it. I leap up, and land right onto the edge of the dumpster, perching myself on top of it. I let out a loud, monstrous hiss at Blood Opal, and growl, "You should stay down!" And swipe one of my claws at her.

quote:

@Wraith: 2d6+2 Terrifyingly engaging Blood Opal! = (2+4)+2 = 8

Wraith is engaging in a terrifying fashion, and she feels Guilty for taking this form. Going to pick:
• resist or avoid their blows.
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Lucky Star: The man yells in surprise as he falls down. He scrambles away, managing to get up and behind an old rundown forklift to use as cover. But the Russians also being yelling. "WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON?" "JUST SHOOT THEM! SHOOT THEM BOTH" Gunfire rings out, bullets zipping past you and smacking onto the floor. The man is safe only for a moment - some of the Russians are moving towards him and he has nothing to defend himself with.

"You have a plan, right kid?" He asks as he looks around to see if there's a way out. What do you do?

Prototype: The Helldrakes try to fight through you, but you keep them at bay. They retreat back to the cars, shouting to each other and trying to figure out just how the hell to deal with someone in an armor suit who can take them all on.

The gang marks Confused

The drivers take one look at the group coming back and you advancing and open the trunks. The gang drop the weapons they're carrying and take new ones out - heavier pistols, assault rifles...you think you even see one or two of them picking up grenades. What do you do?

Wraith: Blood Opal instinctively puts her arm up to block your swipes from hitting her face. You slash into her and she tries to hack back at you with her machete, but she can't get any blows in. Blood splatters the dumpster as you claw into her. She eventually gives up on fighting back and instead grits her teeth and kicks the dumpster in a spot under where you're squatting. It splits open and you tumble safely to the ground as she pushes her way out.

Blood Opal marks Angry

Blood Opal catches her breath and clenches her fist, but looks at you with interest.

"Night Wraith, if you want people to take, maybe we can work together? There are many souls in that warehouse, and it'd be easier to fight them then me. I'll leave you and your friends alone afterwards too." As she speaks, you see the cuts you made on her vanish as they begin to heal. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I walk into the flickering light from a nearby pole, the three of us forming a loose triangle, and I say, "What do you think, Wraith? Might not be a bad deal." Looking to Opal, I add, "We're not done, not by a longshot, but we do have a common enemy tonight."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +3 | Danger +2 | Savior +0 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty

I silently think on it for a moment, “...Fine,” my claws and fangs retract back to their normal size, “We’ll deal with them, but don’t think this is over.”

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Black Widow and Wraith: She nods, and then steps out. "We have a new arrangement. If that one stands down," she points to Prototype, "we'll take them on together." You guys can see that the gang now has more dangerous weapons on hand.

Prototype: So that just happened too. Are you going to accept this? What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd




Conditions: Potential 0/5 Forward:

quote:

Prototype: So that just happened too. Are you going to accept this? What do you do?

I'm just weighing up whether to charge in again, run or throw a smoke bomb to give myself cover when I notice that Blood Opal seems to be negotiating a withdrawal. Not part of the plan, but it beats getting pulped by a grenade I guess? I'll take it, but it's going to be on our terms. I turn to look at her, and nod.

"We don't need your help, but you can leave if you like. Call it a favor."

And turn back to the gang, who are looking as nervous as I feel.

"Looks like you all get to walk away. Lucky night. Buy a lottery ticket on the way home."

It's a bit of a bluff, but they can't see my face and my voice is still obscured, so they should go for it.

I think this is a provoke - I want them to leave without escalating the situation further.

@Prototype: 2d6+2 provoke helldrakes = (1+4)+2 = 7

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2019 around 06:42

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

"Like hell!" I wish I had a plan! "Just, get further under cover, helps coming! I'll distract them!" There really isn't anything else I can do here, the Russians are heading around to get a clear shot at him, I've gotta do it. Putting my hand to the communicator again, I add "INeedBackupPlease!" and then duck back out from under cover, falling into my practiced combat stance. Light on my feet, fists raised, ready to throw out a furry of punches. I can do this! Ignore the gunfire, stay phased until I get in close to the first one, then strike, aim for the chin or the hands. If I can take them down that's good, if I can knock the guns away that's better. Mind temporarily calm, I charge forward at mobster nearest to the former captive, fists flying.

@Lucky Star: 2d6+3 directly engage under-fire w savior = (1+4)+3 = 8: Creating an opportunity for the captive to escape

GodFish fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2019 around 06:40

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Prototype: The Helldrake goons look at Blood Opal, who looks at you. "I don't think so." Then she looks at Wraith and Black Widow, who seem ready to back you up. "Really? All right then." She raises her hand and makes a motion as her eyes flick over to the buildings far away. Maybe you realize what's about to happen, or maybe it's just instinct, but you move out of the way and see the shot smack into the pavement instead of in you. She curses in Hindi and then says "Shoot them."

Take Influence over Blood Opal

She starts coming towards you. Then you get the message from Lucky Star that she needs backup. What do you do?

Black Widow and Wraith: The goons seem like they were thrown off at first, but now they're ready to fight you all.

The Helldrakes use their advantage as Minions to clear Confused

They aim their guns at you, just as you hear Lucky Star ask for backup. What do you do?

Lucky Star: You knock down the first mobster going after the man, and he takes the opportunity to bolt for the exit. A couple other mobsters try to fire on him, but you run forward and are on them before they can fire. Realizing you're the bigger problem they all start rushing you, trying to shoot you and hitting you with fists and feet when you're close. You're able to take down several of them before the leader steps forward, aiming his pistol at you.

The Russian gang marks Angry

"You know, I was curious what a kid like you was doing here. But I think we'll wait 'til you're dead to find out." He fires.

Roll to take a powerful blow

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

Wham! Bam! Not nearly as loud as the gunshots, my fists ring out as I take on the Russian mobsters. At a distance I have to rely on my phasing to avoid bullets but once things get close and personally, my skill can carry the day - that and them not being able to shoot into a melee full of their friends! Delivering a staggering right hook, as the mobster falls to the ground, I can see the man reaching the exit and sigh in relief, feeling myself relax. That might have been good for my fight, if it'd been a moment sooner, or a moment shorter, but... Turning to face the barrel of a gun, I freeze, and as I watch the trigger pull, panic. "Ahh!!hH!" Reeling backwards, I do manage to phase in time... as I trip, fall and go crashing to the ground - through the ground, into the covered over basement. After bouncing down several steps, I slam down hard on the ground and let out a groan. It's dark down here, and dusty, and I ache. But... I suppose it is luckier than getting shot.

9 To Take a Powerful Blow: giving ground

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +3 | Danger +2 | Savior +0 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Well, that didn't last long. "I'll keep them busy," I whisper to Prototype and Black Widow, "You two go and help Lucky while they're distracted." I take a few steps forward, showing no fear at all, and with every step I take, my body begins to contort, and change. My fangs and claw grow larger again, my face and my body shifts into being a little more beast-like, making me seem more monster than human. After I'm done with my "change," I stomp my foot down, lurch forward, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" And let out a large, guttural roar that reverberates around the streets, "I will tear your souls from each and every one of your bodies unless you all MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!"

quote:

@Wraith: 2d6+3 Being the monster = (2+5)+3 = 10

When you frighten, intimidate, or cow others with your monstrous form, roll + Freak. On a hit, they are thrown off and make themselves vulnerable to you, or they flee. On a 10+, choose one.
- You feel like more of a monster afterward; mark a condition (GM’s choice)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I'm a bit slow to get moving, still wanting to settle things with Blood Opal... but Lucky sounds like she's really in the poo poo. What kind of friend would I be if I ignored that? I say, "Alright, don't die. I'll be back."

Running serpentine, because of course they brought snipers, I cut into the chaos in the warehouse and start looking for Lucky.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd




Danger -1 | Freak 0 | Savior +2 | Superior +2 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 0+1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Afraid

That didn't play as well as I had hoped, if I gotta be honest. The sniper is a real ugly wrinkle. Luckily I have something I can do about that, at least temporarily. I grab a canister from one of my armor's tactical rigging points and deploy it, hopefully filling the street with thick grey smoke in a matter of seconds.

@Prototype: 2d6 unleash smokebomb! = (3+3) = 6

Or maybe not?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Jan 24, 2019 around 03:11

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Lucky Star: "What the hell Yuri, she loving vanished!"

"She fell down the steps. Open the goddamn door."

You hear this as the trapdoor opens and Yuri marches down. You're a little too dazed to realize how close he is until he grabs your jacket. "You messed with the wrong people little girl. Goodbye."

Yuri spends his Influence to give you the Afraid condition

He puts his gun against your head. What do you do?

Wraith: The Helldrakes eye you nervously and step forward, pointing their assault rifles at you. The people with grenades hesitate, since their friends are now in range of an explosion that could hit you. You sense they're sort of waiting to see what you do, and the ones with the guns seem to be waiting for someone else to fire the first shot. Their fear makes you wonder...you're so good at being a monster. Can you really be anything else?

Mark Insecure

But you see they've also brought themselves closer to you. What do you do?

Black Widow: Wraith keeps the Helldrakes busy while you make your way to the warehouse. As you're about to enter the door opens and a man almost tumbles into you as he runs out. "Oh poo poo," he says and raises his hands. "I'm not a part of this, I'm leaving." You recognize him - it's Temple Steed, Carlo's boyfriend and the guy who came to your house to give you that offer from him. What do you make of him being here? What do you do?

Prototype: You reach for the smoke grenade but Blood Opal is fast. She has her machete jammed in your suit before you realize what's happening. You can hear the battery get punctured and she slowly manages to moves the blade around with both hands, ripping up the cords and messing up all the stuff its supposed to power. She might have even cut you badly.

Roll to take a powerful blow

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

"Ughh..." Pushing myself up onto my hands and knees, the world is still spinning after that tumble. Need to watch my footing better, now that I can accidentally fall through floors... Still working to stand up, I haven't quite managed it by the time the russian hand has hauled me up by my jacket. This is bad, oh no this is bad. Eyes straining to the side in an effort to see the barrel of the gun I can feel pressing into my head, my body is shaking hard, sweat feeling like it's drenching me. I'm out of choices. I can't even beg, not with these kinds of people. If only I had a little more time for my head to clear, then I could fight. For the moment though... I just have to take a desperate gamble. Thrusting my hand out, I push it through his chest, resting inside of him. "Ever see... the Temple of Doom?" I tried to make a twisted smile, but I'm pretty sure my face was already stuck contorted in a panicked grimace. "If you kill me, it'll be stuck in there. If it doesn't kill you right out, it'll be one hell of a blood clot." Just, drop the gun, or hell, drop me, please?

@Lucky Star: 2d6 provoke yuri = (2+3) = 5, ganbatte, Lucky Star!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Lucky Star: Yuri stares at the hand inside him in shock. Then anger comes back. "Okay, here's what we do." He forces you up. "Don't move your hand. Don't move until I am. If you even think about doing something, I'll fire. If I think something's happening, I'll fire. We are going to leave, and my associates will help me deal with this matter when we're safe. Go up the stairs. We've got cars to get out of here." The men see what's going on and gasp. "GET THE CARS READY IDIOT!" He begins moving to go back up, gun still to your head.

Mark a condition if you refuse to follow his orders, add Team to the pool if you do

What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

"...Ok." gently caress! Not what I was going for, but... it isn't the worst. He hasn't fired yet. Forget about finishing him, I just need to get out of here. Following his instructions seems like the only way I'm going to make it, especially because I'm bluffing about this - at least I think I am, I've always been pushed out of stuff when I stop phasing before, but if I'm dead, who knows? Walking up the stairs carefully, slowly, I'm putting all my attention in making sure my hand stays where his heart is inside of his chest. If it slips out even once, I'm dead.

Adding a team.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I stare at Temple for a moment, trying to figure out if he was here making a deal or if... nah, I remember Lucky Star saying there was a guy tied up. I can see the ropeburn. I say, "Get out of here, Temple. But you and me? We're gonna chat about the Russians later on." I look at him a moment longer, enough to get confirmation or him just bolting, and then cut into the warehouse proper. It's no surprise, I guess, when I see that Lucky's managed to get herself into something of a mexican standoff. That crew is coming up from down below, so if I position myself right and strike quickly enough... This may still go really wrong. What the hell sort of intel was Prototype working off of, anyways? This isn't some small-time op, this is the prelude to a loving war.

Analyzing the sightlines, weaponry, and general disposition of the guys holding Lucky, I figure out a plan: biggest thing is going to be taking out the gun to her head. Next, giving her an opening to phase out of the line of fire before she goes all swiss-cheese. Third... hopefully getting out of sight myself. Jesus, that's a lot of guns... but no time to panic. Lucky now, panic later.

As what's-his-face crests the steps, I leap out and send his gun flying with a kick. I turn to dive into the crowd of mooks, give them all something to think about, and yell, "Lucky! Get the hell out of here!"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 8:57 AM
@Black Widow: 2d6+2 Defend Lucky Star = (1+5)+2 = 8

Adding some team, I have a feeling we're going to need it. Exposing myself to danger.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd




Danger -1 | Freak 0 | Savior +2 | Superior +2 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1+1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Afraid, Injured!

@Prototype: 2d6+2 take a powerful blow = (4+4)+2 = 10

Seriously Injured, -1 ongoing


I'm going to take a mental note here: need to upgrade my suit's protection against edged weapons, and reinforce the battery pack. Maybe high hardness steel, or ceramics. Also I think I might be about to pass out because I've been stabbed in the back with a machete, and the pain is just amazing. I can feel parts of this machine I built dying as Blood Opal just keeps carving deeper. Main power is gone. Cooling offline. Left arm and leg actuators locked. That's actually the only thing keeping me standing. If I can get a second to bring auxiliary power on I might be able to get away, or do something, but if she digs much deeper she's going to cut something I can't afford to lose. Some stupid part of my brain manages to spit out a little defiance, hoping to get her to make a mistake or lose her cool.

"Cute knife. Do they come in big girl sizes, or do you do all your stabbing in the back?"

@Prototype: 2d6+2 provoke Opal = (1+2)+2 = 5

the intention was to get Opal to stop stabbing me long enough to gloat, but I guess it didn't work out

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at Jan 25, 2019 around 06:00

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

I just about have a heart attack when poo poo starts going down again, but manage not to. It's Black Widow, thank god, out of nowhere. "THANK YOU!" Yelling out in relief, I grab Yuri and shove him hard, knocking him into the crowd of gangsters that Black Widow was going for. Putting him in the line of fire and making things even more confused should give her a chance to get going too. "You too, com'on!" Shouting to be heard over the commotion, I dash for the nearest stack of crates, emerging out of the other end, looking back to see if she's alright.

Spending 2 Team via Won't Let You Down, making that a 10+

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +3 | Danger +2 | Savior +0 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

I don't know. I don't know if I can really be more than a monster, but that's something I'll have to think about later. If I have to be a monster right now, then I'll be the most terrifying loving monster they've ever seen. "RAAAAAAAH!" I spring forward, grabbing the first goon I can, and flinging him right into his grenade weilding friends. I spin around, and with a swipe of my claws, I cut right through one of the goon's guns like it was made of paper. Whatever hope I ever had of being a normal girl is gone in the moment, as I let myself become the monstrous beast they all fear, swiping and clawing at them with a reckless fury.

quote:

@Wraith: 2d6+2 Engaging goons = (4+1)+2 = 7

Wraith is engaging in a terrifying fashion, and marking Hopeless because she doesn't feel like she can ever be "normal" after this moment. Taking:
• impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition.
• resist or avoid their blows.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Black Widow: "I'll put in the appointment book," Temple says as he looks to the fight going on further away. "Jesus." He starts looking for somewhere to hide as you head into the warehouse.

You hit the Russians before they realize what's going on, and Lucky Star's distraction keeps them from being able land a shot on you. "Just leave!" The man who was pointing the gun at her yells. They start to head for the exit. What do you do?

Lucky Star: Things could have gone real bad if Black Widow didn't just show up. How does that makes you feel? What do you do?

Prototype: The only answer you get is a bullet in the face. Thankfully your helmet keeps your head safe, but your view is distorted through the bent metal and broken glass the bullet caused...along with the bullet stopped just inches from your eye. You've been seriously injured, the sniper and Blood Opal are having no problem taking care of you, and your teammates are too occupied with their own problems to help you out.

Mark Hopeless and roll to take a powerful blow

What do you do?

Wraith: "Kill it! Kill it!" The Helldrakes fire on you, but soon realize it's not doing anything. Some of them back up to the cars, keeping you in their sights. Others break away and head towards the warehouse. And a few move towards Blood Opal and Prototype.

The Helldrakes mark Confused

Speaking of which, you can see that Prototype is having a bad time on her own. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

"Because the time has come, well and truly come, for all peoples of our great country, for all citizens of our great commonwealth, for all Australians to come together and build a new future for our nation."

- Kevin Rudd




Danger -1 | Freak 0 | Savior +2 | Superior +2 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1+1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Afraid, Injured!

I jerk my head back when the bullet hits my faceplate, and the sudden motion makes everything go grey and fuzzy, and then blackness starts closing around my vision. I'm vaguely aware that I'm going in to shock, most likely as a consequence of the blood loss and concussion I'm experiencing. I guess this is it, Opal is going to cut my throat while I'm down and the end of my glorious career as a vigilante will be tonight. Maybe I can come back as a ghost and haunt Brass, tell him he was an rear end in a top hat for getting me involved.

I hope the others survive. They're good people.

@Prototype: 2d6+3 take a powerful blow = (4+6)+3 = 13

Prototype is removed from the scene due to unconsciousness.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

I grin at Lucky, "Not just yet. Me and these guys? We've got some unfinished business."

I leap into the fleeing mob and just turn into a complete blur of bone-breaking violence for a bit, slipping between wild bursts of gunfire, redirecting punches, kicks, and assorted melee options into other assholes, and generally just make their lives hell. Tonight has been a complete clusterfuck, but it doesn't need to be a loss. If my name is the one on the Russians' minds when Dai Ushi and Carbine hear about this, that paints me as a real force. And, like I said, I don't care if Dai Ushi likes me... but I bet she'll respect someone who can do what Opal couldn't.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 3:42 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6+1 DE the Russians = (3+3)+1 = 7

Impressing/Frightening/Surprising them as they're routed.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Afraid

I give Black Widow a really worried look. "I think we should..." It's too late though. Things went all wrong for me tonight, and it started when I had to go in to save that guy alone. If she hadn't shown up, well, I might have made it out alive, or I might have ended up dead, tonight. That's why, that's why I joined the team. I can't do it alone, we need each other. And Black Widow can't do it alone either. Even though I think, I know we should be getting out of here, just booking it if we have to or helping out the others with... whatever's going on on their end, I'm going to return the favor first!

Clenching my trembling fists hard enough that I can feel my filled down nails digging into my palms, I dive in after her, charging right towards the back of the pack. She's doing a good job up front, but she can't be on everyone, and that's where I come in, knocking guns out of people's hands and waving my through their faces. It's basically impossible to concentration with someone ghost dancing through you.

@Lucky Star: 2d6+4 defend black widow (influence +1) = (6+6)+4 = 16
I'm going to keep Black Widow safe and Clear Afraid

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006




Freak +3 | Danger +2 | Savior +0 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

No. No, no, no, no! It wasn't supposed to happen this way! I was trying to keep them safe, dammit! They were supposed to be going after me, not them! I took my eyes away from her for a second, and Mae is now- She's... she's, "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!" Whatever reason I had left is gone now. The only emotion left in me is rage, and anger. I leap at Blood Opal, bringing down my claws at her, "GET AWAY FROM HER, YOU BITCH!" I was holding back before, but now? No more holding back. I want to make her bleed for what she's done.

quote:

@Wraith: 2d6+2 DEint Blood Opal = (1+1)+2 = 4

Welp. Least I got Potential!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Team: 4

Black Widow and Lucky Star: The two of you take out the rest of the Russians, knocking them senseless before they can get out the door. They might have been able to hurt Black Widow on their way down, but Lucky Star keeps that from happening. There's a moment of silence where all that's heard is you catching your breath and groans from the men on the floor. They drop their weapons on the floor and raise their hands. "What do you want from us?" one of them asks.

The Russian gang has been defeated

Then a group of Helldrakes burst in through the door with assault rifles out. They take one look at the situation, and keep the guns trained on you two. Weren't Prototype and Wraith keeping them and Blood Opal busy? What do you do?

Wraith: You tear into Blood Opal, but she just lets go of the machete and stands up. As you claw her she grabs you with both hands and holds you up like a weightlifter lifting a barbell. She pauses, and you see the wounds you made on her heal. She looks up at you. "Are you really a mindless monster, Night Wraith? Or is there more to you? I think there is. The Russians will make things worse the longer they're in Koreatown. If you really want to make things better, why not join us? Dai Ushi would be glad to have someone like you on our side."

Blood Opal takes Influence over you, but since she already has it shift Danger down and Savior up

The Helldrakes who are still close by have their guns aimed at Prototype's head. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Freak +0 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior +0 | Mundane +0 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

For a quick moment, it's just me and Lucky. I shoot her a quick thumbs-up, noting how she saved my rear end, and then stare down at the guy asking questions. I say, "Get the gently caress out of Koreatown. I'm not gonna shoot you, not like the Helldrakes will, but I'll find you if you stay. And when I do? I won't give you another chance."

...Then the Helldrakes come in. gently caress. This whole plan has gone so far sideways that I'd be inclined to think there was just a different, better plan that nobody bothered to let me in on. Either way, though, if they're here that means the people out there are in some serious trouble. I say, quietly, "Go help the others, Lucky. I'll be fine. And if I'm not... well, I'll make a break for it."

I cut behind the nearest row of palettes before they can open up full-auto. I can shake off a lot, sure, but that's too much firepower to risk a frontal assault. I'll have to play this smart. Pick off targets from the shadows, use cover, the whole bit. If I gently caress up, I die. No pressure.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 5:00 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6+1 DE the Helldrake mooks = (3+4)+1 = 8

Avoiding their fire with careful tactics!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.



Danger -1 | Freak -1 | Savior +3 | Superior +0 | Mundane +2 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None

The thumbs up is returned, and followed up with a fist bump. That was it! I'd been in a really bad spot, but as soon as I had someone to watch my back, we'd been able to turn it around and take out the entire portion of the russian mob here. My good mood doesn't last too long though, the exhilaration of winning the fight and coming back from that horrible position falling rapidly as the Helldrakes arrived... What happened? The others were supposed to move in after they arrived, though obviously that plan had been shot to tell, they should have been keeping them apart while me and Black Widow handled things inside of here. If some of them were showing up, that meant the others were in trouble. Looking between Black Widow and the door, I gulp. I know how badly things can go without someone at your back, but, Black Widow does seem alright, and the others... "I'll be back soon! Be careful!" Splitting the other direction from her, I dash out of the building through the side. Prototype and Wraith will have to manage for a minute, while I circle around the outside, I don't want to just rush out and be stuck between the gang inside and whatever is waiting for me outside.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«3 »