Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The thing that happened to Sora is probably just him getting whisked away onto another adventure anyway so even that’s not that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
nah he's dead, RIP

masam
May 27, 2010
Yeahhhh that was a pretty”hes dead” moment. Now for how long he stays dead, were not sure. If theres dlc or an wpilogue game, or this final mix, im sure hell get something. But for now that looked like he went, found kairi, and then died and shes missing him now that everyones there, except sora.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The epilogue shows Eraqus putting his chess piece back on the board

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

I would say Sora is just MIA until more info comes out (if the secret ending says anything about it). Micky wasn't concerned about him dying; it was getting lost that Mickey was afraid of when Sora ran off after the final fight.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Roluth posted:

I would say Sora is just MIA until more info comes out (if the secret ending says anything about it). Micky wasn't concerned about him dying; it was getting lost that Mickey was afraid of when Sora ran off after the final fight.

Sora's contact is up, of course Mickey didn't care.

masam
May 27, 2010
I mean yeah, im sure theyll bring him back especially with tthe epilogue, but for now and for all the rest of the cast know is hes dead. Also did you all catch the fact that the panel of kairi and sora during the credits had their positions flipped? Anyone think that means something? This is KH were talking about.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
not so simple and clean after all.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Sora got Thanos'd and KH4 will include Marvel characters

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

so ive noticed that shooting star and hunny spout have pretty much the same form changes, they the only ones that share a moveset or are there any others in the game? guessing dlc blades are all clones

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 30, 2019

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Ok I am mad. The post-credits scene with the Union Leaders from Unchained/X (and the five union's leaders' keyblades being in the artbook), Maleficent occasionally popping up and going "Ho ho ho time shenanigans, gotta find that box", Xemnas telling four Org people (Larxene and Marluxia being the two we already knew of) "Yeah we know you're from the old old past", Chirithy and Ventus, and then the only tiebacks we get are Marluxia going "Oh I had amneeeeeesiiiiaaaa and I'm dead now" and Ephemer's ghost dropping the Union X keyblade dragon on Tornado Heartless and then the rest of the Dandelions... still being lost in time and space?

loving Nomura sets up a big fistful of plot hooks from the mobile game, cockteases most of them across 3, and then apparently is just saving them for 4. (or 3.9)

Goddammit Nomura.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Archenteron posted:

Ok I am mad. The post-credits scene with the Union Leaders from Unchained/X (and the five union's leaders' keyblades being in the artbook), Maleficent occasionally popping up and going "Ho ho ho time shenanigans, gotta find that box", Xemnas telling four Org people (Larxene and Marluxia being the two we already knew of) "Yeah we know you're from the old old past", Chirithy and Ventus, and then the only tiebacks we get are Marluxia going "Oh I had amneeeeeesiiiiaaaa and I'm dead now" and Ephemer's ghost dropping the Union X keyblade dragon on Tornado Heartless and then the rest of the Dandelions... still being lost in time and space?

loving Nomura sets up a big fistful of plot hooks from the mobile game, cockteases most of them across 3, and then apparently is just saving them for 4. (or 3.9)

Goddammit Nomura.

But you're still gonna play 4, right?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was expecting from the beginning the epilogue was just going to be opening the box, with no mobile game nonsense actually being addressed. Very disappointed it wasn't Malieficent opening it though.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Secret movie is out, and what the gently caress man?

I wonder how many people are going to assume they are both in Real World Current Day Japan, not noticing that they are in fact in Verum Rex world and TWEWY Shibuya respectively.

Points to Nomura though, for making a parody of the whole Versus XIII thing, and then making that poo poo actually canon though.

Kind of more interested in seeing where this goes now than I was with the general plot of KH3 and it's epilogue alone.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Onmi posted:

But you're still gonna play 4, right?

Oh of course. I read the unchained x union plot recently enough that it broke my brain with KH3 implications and now I gotta ride the plot serpent to it's conclusion in the year 204X.

Also did I remember one of the org members saying something like "Unlike your wizard, we have to follow the rules to time travel"?

Implications about Merlin? Yen Sid? (Speaking of, I'm glad the old binch got off his chair at last)

Crawfish posted:

The Secret movie is out, and what the gently caress man?

I take it back, we need to stop Nomura. The video characters have fallen into Tokyo and we need to cancel this game before it goes full Drakengard E, the Master of Masters turns out to be Yoko Taro and everyone on Earth dies

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jan 31, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I. Hear. A. Sound.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Archenteron posted:

Oh of course. I read the unchained x union plot recently enough that it broke my brain with KH3 implications and now I gotta ride the plot serpent to it's conclusion in the year 204X.

Also did I remember one of the org members saying something like "Unlike your wizard, we have to follow the rules to time travel"?

Implications about Merlin? Yen Sid? (Speaking of, I'm glad the old binch got off his chair at last)

I take it back, we need to stop Nomura. The video characters have fallen into Tokyo and we need to cancel this game before it goes full Drakengard E, the Master of Masters turns out to be Yoko Taro and everyone on Earth dies

It's not Drakengard...

It's Somnus? Is... Is Nomura going to make Versus XIII using KH4 as his excuse? OR WAS VERUM REX A TEASER?!

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 31, 2019

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Onmi posted:

It's not Drakengard...

It's Somnus? Is... Is Nomura going to make Versus XIII using KH4 as his excuse? OR WAS VERUM REX A TEASER?!
It's not just that, as I said above.

But that music choice is very interesting. I thought Verum Rex was just Nomura poking fun at himself, but that music choice seems as serious and intended as the 104 building so it could indeed mean more than I thought.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Crawfish posted:

It's not just that, as I said above.

But that music choice is very interesting. I thought Verum Rex was just Nomura poking fun at himself, but that music choice seems as serious and intended as the 104 building so it could indeed mean more than I thought.

I mean not to mention, The protagonist of Verum Rex watching Riku wandering about, focusing on his heterochromia.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Thinking about it, i'm going to laugh my arse off if Sora got dragged into the Reapers Game instead of just going to the Final world after "dying" in the ending to the game.

Hats off to Nomura if this was long since planned. They could of done almost whatever the hell they wanted to solve the Sora thing, but if that's the direction they are taking it, that's inspired.

Wait a sec. If Kairi also went to the Reaper Game after she was killed, and the way Sora bought her back was teaming up with her and winning a week with her, and him disappearing was him having to go back to try and win again to get himself resurrected, that would be REALLY loving inspired.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 31, 2019

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Thinking about it, i'm going to laugh my arse off if Sora got dragged into the Reapers Game instead of just going to the Final world after "dying" in the ending to the game.

Hats off to Nomura if this was long since planned. They could of done almost whatever the hell they wanted to solve the Sora thing, but if that's the direction they are taking it, that's inspired.

Wait a sec. If Kairi also went to the Reaper Game after she was killed, and the way Sora bought her back was teaming up with her and winning a week with her, and him disappearing was him having to go back to try and win again to get himself resurrected, that would be REALLY loving inspired.

I just realized that's not Sorta TWEWY That's Literal TWEWY, in real life, the 104 building is the 109, I forgot that.

Nomura: Ah well, Kingdom Hearts doesn't need the Final Fantasy popularity boost anymore, and we got Dissidia for that now, so there's really no need for that stuff anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0tIUaguqU

Onmi fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 31, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe Sora is going to be mystery girl's partner in TWEWY 2. I'm going to admit I did not see that coming.

Also, the name of the secret epilogue in the cutscene viewer is very good. :allears:

E:

Onmi posted:

Nomura: Ah well, Kingdom Hearts doesn't need the Final Fantasy popularity boost anymore, and we got Dissidia for that now, so there's really no need for that stuff anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0tIUaguqU

Really, it's the opposite now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

You... mother fucker.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Onmi posted:

You... mother fucker.

Hahaha,
Gotta say I do love we can just view the secret ending from the theater without having the beat the final boss again.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Onmi posted:

You... mother fucker.

He really wanted to make Versus XIII, huh?

Now I want there to be a bonus fight against Nomura in the DLC. Nier Automata did it for the CEOs, why shouldn't we get a shot at Nomura?

Roluth fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 31, 2019

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Roluth posted:

He really wanted to make Versus XIII, huh?

"Hey Nomura, I noticed that this KH4 proposal is kinda-"
"I'm not bitter, you're bitter, go gently caress yourself."

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I have so many questions after seeing that secret movie. Why is Riku there? Is Verum Rex and TWEWY in the same universe? Will we ever get off Nomura's wild ride?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Archenteron posted:

Time travel has always been Merlin's thing, so probably him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Well if the premise for KH4 is a TWEWY sequel then I'm on board

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There's a chance this could be DLC related.

They are in KH3 garb, and from memory they were looking at doing DLC over Final Mix versions later on.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Onmi posted:

"Hey Nomura, I noticed that this KH4 proposal is kinda-"
"I'm not bitter, you're bitter, go gently caress yourself."

Some game dev dudes would resign from a company after having a passion project retooled and finished by someone else but Nomura harnesses that energy into a decade long revenge plan the whole time from the inside.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Some game dev dudes would resign from a company after having a passion project retooled and finished by someone else but Nomura harnesses that energy into a decade long revenge plan the whole time from the inside.

Anyone have that interview where Nomura said he was putting all his anger into 3?

Also I was going to make a joke about there being no Final Fantasy characters because SE is a mess only Sakurai could barely deal with, but I like the idea it's actually because Nomura is being super petty.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Nomura is a loving insane person and I love it so much.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm kind of interested in MoM being there (that's obviously him, the only other dude who would make that kind of gesture is Xigbar but MoM had his hands behind his back) since it confirms that MoM has returned to the world after the Keyblade War, but also, I don't care that much. It's cool that we might be getting a TWEWY full world in KH4 or whatever spinoff game comes next that explains how Sora isn't dead. I'm guessing Riku is in that world going after Sora to bring him home, because apparently no female OC characters can do anything ever. I'm predicting the next game will be for the Wii U or whatever new console Nintendo will have out by then, because this series loves to spread itself across every console and because it heightens the chance Sora will be in Smash.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

I'm kind of interested in MoM being there (that's obviously him, the only other dude who would make that kind of gesture is Xigbar but MoM had his hands behind his back) since it confirms that MoM has returned to the world after the Keyblade War, but also, I don't care that much. It's cool that we might be getting a TWEWY full world in KH4 or whatever spinoff game comes next that explains how Sora isn't dead. I'm guessing Riku is in that world going after Sora to bring him home, because apparently no female OC characters can do anything ever. I'm predicting the next game will be for the Wii U or whatever new console Nintendo will have out by then, because this series loves to spread itself across every console and because it heightens the chance Sora will be in Smash.

Can't wait for Sora to prevent the events of World of Light by popping in randomly and bopping Galeem like Sonic in Brawl.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nomura, after helping turn Lightning into a real girl in FF13-3, now making Sora a real boy.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Does anyone know exactly what was cut out of FFXV to make Nomura want to bring it to life with alterFF here in Kingdom Hearts?

I know the DLC expands the story, but what was left out for time??

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The entire story and characters were completely reworked.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone have that interview where Nomura said he was putting all his anger into 3?

Also I was going to make a joke about there being no Final Fantasy characters because SE is a mess only Sakurai could barely deal with, but I like the idea it's actually because Nomura is being super petty.

“If I had to pick, I am a person more on the dark side like Xehanort and co., I harness the burning anger in my heart into what I create,” said Nomura. “Kingdom Hearts III’s current development explodes very much in this sense. Each time, it’s a battle with Sora and co. who are the exact opposite of myself, it’s been over 10 years and yet we haven’t reached a conclusion.

“This battle will surely last longer.

“In Kingdom Hearts III as well, I am scheming many challenges that Sora and his friends must overcome, because I myself cannot lose either. And in preparation for the great battle that lies ahead, we have this one book that looks back on their entire journey.”

bonus quote
“I actually don’t sympathize or empathize with Sora at all,” Nomura says. Instead, he relates to the game’s mysterious villains, Xehanort or likely Ansem, anyone who’s fallen prey to their dark natures. “I think I’m closer to those characters, so Sora is like my enemy. How I always think of him is I would unleash my attacks on him, and then I draw him in a way that I think he will be able to make a comeback at me. In that sense, I really think that Sora is just like an opposite personality character to who I am.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

HGH posted:

The entire story and characters were completely reworked.

Yeah they basically just kept character designs and some character stuff, but redid the entire story down to completely changing the Stella character into Luna/etc

Nomura's version sounded kind of interesting but :shrug: I really love what Tabata cobbled together from the cutting room floor