Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The secret files have been posted by one of the leakers and poo poo is bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

Word. So much this. As dumb as this plotline can get and often is, these latest plot teasers/revelations are making me seriously pumped to just start looking over the silly mobile game lore I had previously neglected right loving now.
I knew we were going to get a "only played the numbered ones? be prepared to have no idea what's going on" thing we got heading into 2, but I am surprised that the mobile game is as relevant as it is.

On a wider mobile game note, based off stuff in the secret reports, i'm surprised Luxu is who Luxu is, since that was my weird KH logic guess for who the Master of Masters could have been, somehow..

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Kingdom Hearts is the dumbest loving game on the planet.

Kingdom Hearts is the best loving game on the planet.
It's definitely one of these things.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Pretty sure his overall plan was supposed to be to use true Kingdom Heart to scorch all lands and remove all humans/hearts, returning the world to the state is was in before even Chi/X/Unchained X, because hearts can be led astray and harbor darkness or some poo poo..

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Secret movie is out, and what the gently caress man?

I wonder how many people are going to assume they are both in Real World Current Day Japan, not noticing that they are in fact in Verum Rex world and TWEWY Shibuya respectively.

Points to Nomura though, for making a parody of the whole Versus XIII thing, and then making that poo poo actually canon though.

Kind of more interested in seeing where this goes now than I was with the general plot of KH3 and it's epilogue alone.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Onmi posted:

It's not Drakengard...

It's Somnus? Is... Is Nomura going to make Versus XIII using KH4 as his excuse? OR WAS VERUM REX A TEASER?!
It's not just that, as I said above.

But that music choice is very interesting. I thought Verum Rex was just Nomura poking fun at himself, but that music choice seems as serious and intended as the 104 building so it could indeed mean more than I thought.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Thinking about it, i'm going to laugh my arse off if Sora got dragged into the Reapers Game instead of just going to the Final world after "dying" in the ending to the game.

Hats off to Nomura if this was long since planned. They could of done almost whatever the hell they wanted to solve the Sora thing, but if that's the direction they are taking it, that's inspired.

Wait a sec. If Kairi also went to the Reaper Game after she was killed, and the way Sora bought her back was teaming up with her and winning a week with her, and him disappearing was him having to go back to try and win again to get himself resurrected, that would be REALLY loving inspired.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 31, 2019

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There's a chance this could be DLC related.

They are in KH3 garb, and from memory they were looking at doing DLC over Final Mix versions later on.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

It is Ventus, Roxas, and Xion. Roxas and Xion are the recent two, Ven is the one that’s from long ago.

Remember, at this point Sora’s had Ventus in his heart for 12 years.
This and the fact that he's one of the main characters of the current phone game set super far back in the past.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I think the problem with KH3 plotwise is just like the entirety of the endgame.

From all I can tell, all of the plot up until there kind of works in a general Kingdom Hearts sense, even if the "win the fight, lose the cutscene" moment was dumb, but then you hit the Graveyard and it's just a whole lot of components that don't make a whole lot of sense and don't fit well together. Feels like the dude just wrote himself into a corner and then figured out some cool places to go with it but had no idea how to get there.

Like as far as I can tell, Xehanort's plan only works because you defeated everyone else and then engaged in combat with him, but the antagonists first move is to straight up kill you and your entire team, and even when you bullshit your way out of that, every fight afterwards has them still trying to murder you, twice even with heartless which would have produced no plot blades.

It feels like killing the good guys off was entirely just to pad the game out and let them add that one chess cutscene, because that makes no goddamn sense. You go through the trouble of saving everyone from the dead place, but end up back in time to just after everyone else died and you were about to, then time travel again to back when you first hit that world only for things to play out almost entirely the same, straight up only saved from Namine having hookups with bonus boss armour somehow.

They write in a reason for the armour to turn up, but Ephimer has no leadup, and seemingly let you get murked the first time for no reason. Roxas beaming into the fight from outside of the world entirely almost instantly doesn't make sense. Terra makes less sense since BBS makes it seem like some part of him is in the armor, and the Armor just loving leaves the plot entirely after doing that one thing. Xion makes even less sense to the point that the only reason she can be there at all is because they wanted essentially everyone to have a good ending. Like, her death in Days erased her from everyones memories, and while you could argue that her being Sora memories reabsorbed back into Sora could keep her as a person inside her somehow, how would the Organization know that making another replica would cause Xion again, which at least Xemnas has to have due to his "betraying us again?" line. And how does Xion Xion anyways? She's never been norted. We never see her heart exit Sora to possess a replica at anypoint, while Ven and Roxas have to just to wake up/exist. We just hear Sora has 3 extra hearts and then at the end, bam, Keyblade wielding replica.

Why is Chirithy in the dead zone, and how does Namine get out of the dead zone in the final cutscenes if she's there because Kairi bit the dust. Even if she is going to come back when Kairi does like she says, Kairi immediately bites it, so wouldn't Namine just go right back to the dead zone? Speaking of, I agree that killing Kairi was dumb, since even if it was done as motivation, Sora was already motivated into fighting and on his way up just on the concept of Kairi being in danger alone. Killing her adds nothing?

Like don't get me wrong, endgame looked cool and fanservicey as all gently caress, but none of it made sense.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Xion gets a small amount of pass from the worthless brush in the sense that all of the partners for those battles don't seem super helpful from what i've seen, except for Roxas and Xion against Saix.

Everyone i've watched play those fights seems to have had to do most of the work themselves but that one Roxas and Xion just tear the poo poo out of him if you step back and let them fight alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Honestly more interested in who Nameless Star could be. It seems to be pointing towards Lauriam's sister, but the wording of what she says leaves it kind of open as to who it could be.

Could be Skuld somehow. Could be Ava. Could potentially be Yozora's special lady friend, since that would at least give him some reason for doing whatever he's going to do.