Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was expecting from the beginning the epilogue was just going to be opening the box, with no mobile game nonsense actually being addressed. Very disappointed it wasn't Malieficent opening it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe Sora is going to be mystery girl's partner in TWEWY 2. I'm going to admit I did not see that coming.

Also, the name of the secret epilogue in the cutscene viewer is very good. :allears:

E:

Onmi posted:

Nomura: Ah well, Kingdom Hearts doesn't need the Final Fantasy popularity boost anymore, and we got Dissidia for that now, so there's really no need for that stuff anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0tIUaguqU

Really, it's the opposite now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Man, if Nomura had ever actually wanted to make FFXV into a musical he'd be way cooler.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

When that interview came out I remember hearing a bunch of things things saying Nomura didn't actually say that or whatever.

I'd be very happy if it was actually true though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm shocked that they let a typical anime ugly guy be super good and not a sniveling villain.

Also it hosed me up that Riku's keyblade actually loving breaks and Mickey's like "Shucks guess we shoulda powered up our keyblades" like wtf homie never mentioned that being a thing earlier was powering up keyblades just a thing no one felt like mentioning before???

He's clearly talking about taking it to the Moogle Forge.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Master Xehanort is the most powerful because there is strength in numbers and there is so many of him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Caidin posted:

You know, considering that all jokes about getting norted and whatever it seems like it didn't really mean much? Like nobody started wiggling their fingers a lot or got whiter hair or anything. Hell, Siax is less of a dick then ever.

I know. It makes it way funnier. I love the Xehanort XIII.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Demyx is the master of masters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kairi has been through enough. It’s probably better she is not also a kidnapping victim in Axel backstory.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Weird BIAS posted:

Well again, thinking she saved The Girl by holding onto her heart more than being a victim herself.

Oh, I could sorta see that then. Though I don't think it'll happen, even with Ven literally being in the Mobile Game it feels like the main cast has very little connection to anything from Chi and I doubt that will change.

RareAcumen posted:

So, I only know 1, 2, CoM, and 3's stories. What's the rationale behind Axel's durability? The CoM one is the only one that makes sense. I don't know how he came back after the Dusk ambush in 2 and I'm sure there've been more examples of him overdoing it in the games I haven't played but he doesn't have the excuse of time travel and Xehanort that I can fall back on as an assumption to explain why he's back.

He died in 2 but when someones Nobody and Heartless both die their original self is revived. That's how all the non Xehanort Org XIII survived as well.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Look, if Pete could time travel while still having a body then I'm sure Xehanort could figure it out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pete just really missed his boat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chakram posted:

And he was still easier than in BbS

Crazy thought on the old Masters. The traitor among them is "the one who bears the sigil" right? If the Keyblade wielders of Scala ad Caelum are descended from the Dandelions, then their original Master would have been Ava. Both Baby Xehanort and Baby Eraqus are wearing the Recusant's Sigil on their clothes, like their own students Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. It's the big X that Xehanort explains in DDD. So was Ava just passing those sigils down the lineage until it became tradition? Does that imply that Ava was the traitor? Was that kind of assumed anyway since her task was to build a new faction of Keyblade War survivors in secret?

Mobile game lore is dumb and confusing (moreso than usual) but I think by this point it's kinda implied there never was a traitor, or if there was its referring to the 2nd group of Union leaders that Marluxia and Ven were a part of.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I'm scared we're gonna multiverse travel to a world where the plot makes sense.

Luckily I don't think there is any chance of that happening

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yozora being in the secret ending is funny but the actual crazy thing is the 104 building imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Caidin posted:

I thought a genuine tease for another KH TWEWY crossover would have me more pumped but I saw it and I'm only kinda interested? Maybe it's just been way too drat long for me.

I'm not sure if it really made me more pumped or anything (I was always going to be pretty excited for a new game tease) but the TWEWY allusions definitely gave me a "Huh? What the Hell??" kind of reaction. Which I think is what they were going for.

What I remember most about the KH1 and 2 secret endings was less that they were really cool or anything but that they're completely devoid of any context and designed to get people to be asking questions. And I felt it gave off a similar vibe.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Neku will not show up but Sora will partner with mysterious TWEWY 2 teaser girl.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kairi has that one part when she keeps Sora's heart together after the Shadow Tornado and guided him to where everyone else had their hearts taken. I mean it's less her doing anything and more helping Sora do things, but it's almost something!

I wasn't really confident that she'd get to do much of anything even after getting her own magic stick, but I was thinking she'd at least be around and not kidnapped for the final part of the story. I'm still kinda surprised they didn't manage that.

Nina posted:

Could be then that when Luxu refers to the union leaders escaping to a different worldline and Brain becoming an actual threat he’s referring to Ven & co. showing up in the main Kingdom Hearts continuum. I guess we’ll see it happen soon in Union X

From what I understand of the mobile game i'm not sure we'll see much of anything happen "soon".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sometimes you are dying and just need that instant heal.

Also, I keep hearing horror stories about the Lich, and outside of the fight in the Marsh where it just kept running away it never seemed super difficult. Definitely an enemy where you're better off using magic and shotlocks than regular combos but it wasn't too bad.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

tbf the Dragon Mecha was a real lame fight. And the boat wasn't great either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arist posted:

I get that it sucks on replays but I will legit fight you, KH2's prologue is probably the best part of the entire series

It is, and i'm still really disappointed we didn't get a weird prologue for KH3 as well. :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Carribean was good and fun but I thought the Monstropolis Factory aesthetic made it kinda boring. It was also the only level that didn't have multiple bosses and that was kinda weird and made it seem a bit short to me. Though it was probably the level that was most well integrated with original KH plot, which is a big rarity.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eraqus plays chess like its Yugioh, and I respect it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The metaphor is that light cheats. And hell I can't disagree.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm expecting DLC to be Riku stuff. I don't know if it'd be more realm of darkness or like postgame but that's what i'm putting my money on.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Scala Ad Caelum was even an island! It'd have been very sensible to have a boat around.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I honestly kind of like the ending of my good friend Sora fading away after finally going just a little too far with recklessly endangering his life to save his friends. With his pals presumably going to have to find and save him this time. I just don't think it really needed Kairi dying or even him going for one final dive after Xehanort has been dealt with. Like, right after the Lich stuff Young Xehanort starts acting like his fate has already been sealed. They could keep the ending exactly as it is without Kairi having been killed and it would still make just as much sense I feel.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Elfgames posted:

The entire end of this game was just the worst to me, a lot of it was my own expectations but it was just awful

like the kbg was just a gauntlet of boss fights where you get to fight with the other keyblade wielders that you never usually get to but you cant do any cool combos with them or anything and there are three bad guys so everything is kinda chaotic and also you don't have the reaction commands of kh2 so all the cool cinematic elements are lost.

you die and honestly i thought that you were going to have to go back and do the worlds over and maybe flesh out some of the lovely worlds a little(yeah i'm playing in arendale, the part i reeeally want to see is the random woods not either of the two castles)but nope you just do a boing boss gauntlet to proceed the other boring boss gauntlet

and then you do another boring boss gauntlet.

The 3rd boss gauntlet was good I thought.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sora and Riku are like the only characters who never really got any formal instruction and they're like the best at Keyblades, Sora especially.

So basically training is for fools and just makes you worse.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lea didn't really do anything this game either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

When Xehanort killed Kairi Sora got mad and attacked him, which created the keyblade. Because those keyblades somehow form when light and darkness clash.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The graveyard is necessary because something something Keyblade War.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ethiser posted:

So who was the other Organization traitor? The only person I can even think it would be is Xigbar.

Saix

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It was Saix because Vexen's secret report says the guy he was conspiring with was a younger member of the organisation who rose to become Xemnas's right hand man

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stallion Cabana posted:

I honestly don't know which of the Dandelions Demyx and Luxord are supposed to be.

Also how those four are still alive and relatively young looking when they're supposed to be loving ancient.

Probably something to do with data

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I thought Larxene was pretty easy in KH2 because reflect completely demolishes her if you can catch a couple of her bodies with it.

E: Like, even moreso than reflect demolishes most bosses.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

reflect is cheating :mad:

Light cheats. Have you not seen the chess game!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

If he did come out of Sora then shouldn't Sora's memory and powers be all hosed up? Since Roxas HAD to fuse back with Sora in order for him to become whole again...

Sora was completely fine in CoM and Roxas was around by then, so clearly they could always both exist. I think Roxas was just messing with Sora’s whole memory reconstruction process, even though he wasn’t really the cause of that either.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

There are nearly as many Soras in KH3 as there are Xehonorts.

There’s only like 6 Soras, and that’s including Naminé who is only technically a Sora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Xigbar also never really warms up to Sora even if he’s not all that serious about it. Though more strangely, Sora also never even really tries to sympathise with him either. He’s like the only Nort Sora just doesn’t like.