Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Archenteron posted:

Also did I remember one of the org members saying something like "Unlike your wizard, we have to follow the rules to time travel"?

Implications about Merlin? Yen Sid? (Speaking of, I'm glad the old binch got off his chair at last)

Time travel has always been Merlin's thing, so probably him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Replicas are featureless until they get a heart (including Xion in Days) so I don't think that would matter.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

now that we know demyx and luxord are former keyblade wielders, i was thinking about how we havent seen their somebodies in Union yet

and

you know

demyx has some pretty similar mannerisms to the master of masters

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Gologle posted:

Because they would just use the 7 Princesses of Heart.

Who do you think the remaining three princesses are? Moana, Vanellope, Tiana? Someone from Frozen II?

e: we have pixar movies now so maybe Merida?

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 16, 2019

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Captain Baal posted:

I like Final Xemnas about as much as I liked Armored and Final Xehanort in KH3. That is to say, I like him, but he's not my favorite fight nor what I'd call the highlight of the climax of the game. I enjoyed the fight with the 12 Vessels in Scala and the Triple Nort fight in the Keyblade Graveyard more than any of the fights that have been named and I enjoyed basically all of the Org fights more than Xemnas except maybe Zexion and Vexen. That isn't to say they're bad or even not fun, that is to say they're not the most amazing nor would I die on a hill for them.

I like when Xemnas fires 1000 lazers at you and you have to control Riku and Sora at the same time to deflect all of them

Onmi posted:

So here's a question. At the start of Twilight Town where Sora 'hear's the screen go black and the Nobodies I'm going to assume asking "do you seek our liege?" Were they referring to Roxas?

Yeah, it's a callback to a the nobodies communicating with Roxas in a similar way at the start of II, and the Dancers who show up are specifically the kind of Nobody associated with him.

I have a question as well: in the dive into the heart at the start of the game, it says 'there are seven hearts to save.' I assume six of those are Aqua, Terra, Ven, Roxas, Namine and Xion. Who's the seventh?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Fojar38 posted:

Roxas' special nobodies are Samurai. The Dancers are Demyx's

Dusks can be summoned by anyone

Whoops, you're right. Been a while

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I've been listening to the recap podcast 'got it memorized' after waypoint radio brought it up, and it turns out there are some things that I thought were made up for this game that actually come from KH1FM.

For instance when Riku first wakes up in the Realm of Darkness, there's the line 'is this the afterworld?' Which sounds like another name for the Final World.

More interestingly, though, Ansem Reports 11 and 12 talk about a girl who Xehanort experimented on and had an unusual reaction to the heartless. Presumably it was originally written to be about a Princess of Heart, but that's never explicitly stated, so it'd be easy to retcon that into being about the mysterious girl.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Chev posted:

It's Kairi. It's meant to explain how both she and fake-Ansem ended up on destiny Islands despite being natives of Radiant Garden, ie fake-Ansem let her loose because she's drawn to the bearer of the keyblade and used that to track the keyblade to Destiny Islands. Then of course BBS added another explanation because whoever plotted BBS didn't pay all that much attention to earlier games, as mentioned several times before.

Isn't it explicitly said that Kairi doesn't really remember Radiant Garden? I'd always assumed the move took place when she was really young.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

what about the rats in Castle of Dreams?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

fractalairduct posted:

what about the rats in Castle of Dreams?

Nevermind, those are mice, the whole thing checks out

Edit: re union cross, after the keyblade war the survivors are implied to have gone into the sleeping worlds, and iirc time doesn't move normally there. So that's one explanation, although it doesn't explain why ven, marluxia, etc don't remember it.

fractalairduct fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 26, 2019

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Fojar38 posted:

Also, based on his demeanor in the epilogue I'm going to guess that Luxu's personality genuinely matches Xigbar's and he isn't just copying Braig or putting on an act.

You get kind of jaded after thousands of years.

My other theory based on this is that the Master of Masters is Xigbar travelled back in time, and he gave No Name and the black box to himself

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I'm glad this game took the time to explain the time travel rules more clearly, but now I'm even more confused about what happened in 3D. Sora and Riku had to go back in time to get to the sleeping worlds, right? What vessels were they using? At what point were their hearts separated? Why didn't that create more Nobodies?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Onmi posted:

They weren't Time Travelling in 3D, they were using the Power of Waking to travel to sleeping worlds. Sleeping worlds are worlds that were destroyed by the heartless and haven't managed to come back to the Realm of Light yet.

Wasn't that the explanation for why they looked younger, though? They had to go back in time to get into the sleeping worlds at all, since they were destroyed in KH1?

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Prythian posted:

However, to get to them, they had to be on a world when it fell to darkness. Thus the whole Destiny Islands raft tutorial and, yes, time travel.

Yes, that's my point. How does that work with the established time travel rules?

If the answer is 'it doesn't' that's fine, but if there's an explanation I can't wrap my head around it.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Elfgames posted:

it'd be kinda weird if a 30 year old woman was hanging out with child ventus and terra

There's at least vague explanations for why aqua and ven didn't age, but I have no idea why terra looks exactly the same.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Meridian posted:

Was there ever any explanation on the whole "using the power of waking will literally eventually disappear you" thing? Seemed like everyone knew about it except Sora, who obviously wouldn't have listened anyway, I just missed it.

The only people I remember talking about it were Young Xehanort, and maybe Chirithy.

I don't think there's any explanation beyond those dialogues, it's very Kingdom Hearts to leave that open and ambiguous until the next game.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

They've never added a new world for a final mix, don't hold your breath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

Fojar38 posted:

Did Dark Riku count as two keys in KH3's final battle because Repliku also somehow "died?"? After Nort Court you have 12 keys, and MX kills Kairi to get the last one, but Xion defected and didn't die so she didn't create a key. So unless one of the deaths counted as two MX should have only had 11 after Nort Court.

Xigbar didn't die either so :shrug:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

E: Everyone talks about Sora's mom but does Riku have parents?

He might mention them in BBS? I know there's a mention of Sora's parents there.