Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

I just don't understand why Nia gets rewarded for being an unsafe worker. It boggles my mind.

Her cousin is the rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Nia was pissed off that Becky replaced Lana in the rumble match and subsequently eliminated Nia in a cheap rear end way.

So Nia decided to go nuts and do the same in the men's rumble my interjecting herself after taking R-Truth out.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The test case was the Ronda/HHH stuff in the mixed tag last Mania, really. And people loved that.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

She did the Takes Everyone's Finisher spot. Randal vs. her was...uncomfortable.

That said, got a big pop. It was obviously a test case, guess we'll be seeing more of it.
Having the bigger women on the roster (Chyna, Beth (sigh), Kharma) take men's moves is something that happens with the Rumble. That being said, I hope they don't repeat it.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

sportsgenius86 posted:

Her cousin is the rock

I'm just glad someone with stronger familial ties to the Rock isnt in the company right now, it could be worse

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Having the bigger women on the roster (Chyna, Beth (sigh), Kharma) take men's moves is something that happens with the Rumble. That being said, I hope they don't repeat it.

They just signed Viper so I hope they do

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1089753822103306240?s=19

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Wait... they brought in a woman and had her take all the dude's finishers?

I get the idea there is "she's so tough she needs all this done to her" but that just sounds kind of over the top and bad. Even without it being Nia. Like if you brought in Kong and she was treated like Big Show it would come off phony to me.

It wasn’t a “this is what it takes” spot it was a “haha they’re beating up the lady” spot.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Yes, with added JBL nyuk-nyuking during it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I can’t believe WWE got me to root for Randy Orton and Dolph Ziggler

Nia Jax needs to disappear

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

It wasn’t a “this is what it takes” spot it was a “haha they’re beating up the lady” spot.

Oh. Eww.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I feel guilty voting a WMOTYC to something I didn’t watch but between nia and Jeff Jarrett the men's rumble probably deserves it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I feel guilty voting a WMOTYC to something I didn’t watch but between nia and Jeff Jarrett the men's rumble probably deserves it

The Jarrett part was good, don't blame the rest of the poo poo on him

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Nah, there was some OK stuff here and there, it moved pretty quickly, and while Seth isn't a great winner I was terrified they were going to run Brock Beats Braun again.

Aleister eliminated Dean! That was cool.

Also it's probably worth watching again because Almas and Rey were having a terrific little mini-match in the background while everyone else was going for eliminations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Casual Erick Rowan ruled. Why is he a liberal thrall?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

My first WWE PPV in years that I actually watched as it was happening. I tuned in during Ronda/Sasha towards the end.

Women's Rumble was death. Nobody cared about anyone until the very end. Alvarez's comment about the ring size making all female wrestlers look slow and less impressive makes total sense.

Were both Bryan and Styles heels? Bryan is a bad guy and Vince was giving some Emperor Palpatine speech to Styles about giving into his hate so....Crowd was dead for that too.

Brock won and I still hate him. He's a great talent but a miserable person and it shows. At least a miserable person like HBK was so determined in his egoism that he always showed off. Lesnar just wants money and he'll get that money just as readily by doing nothing it seems.

I will always be a Jeff Hardy fan but now he's lost the Rumble he should retire and save his body any more harm. As for Seth winning, I liked the finish. Predictable but it was cool.

And presumably they put Nia in there to give the fans what they wanted - Nia getting pummeled. Or they wanted to give her an awesome badass rep? The crowd did totally come alive to support her because she was now the clear underdog. But then she got destroyed repeatedly so...Whichever one they intended I don't think it worked.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 28, 2019

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

hipster rowan is very powerful

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Erik Rowan, welcome to #TheResistance

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I love Antifa Supersoldier Rowan with all my heart

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Kimoa Kid posted:

They just signed Viper so I hope they do
Personal taste and all, but I still hope they don't. Especially the cavalcade of finishers spot to a woman, that was really rough.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Global warming destroying his vineyard.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you think about it. daniel bryan was held at the shared wyatt family/anthony cumia compound for a long time. he and rowan really hit it off and discussed politics and other personal beliefs. they had a lot in common back then, and still do today

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

i can't even think of a more powerful image

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Abroham Lincoln posted:

i can't even think of a more powerful image

Rowan looks far too much like way too many people I know and myself for me too feel comfortable. Is Rowan going to the COC show Tuesday?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well at least DBry will make a more successful cult leader than Bray.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I was definitely expecting something stupid or disappointing to happen, but WWE has invested lots of money into Stupid Thing Research. Nia Jax entering was such an inspiringly stupid thing

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I think shiska nailed why some people are lukewarm on Seth in the GDT.

shiksa posted:

i feel bad for yall who dont see the 3 ring binder labeled "roman reigns booking" getting crossed out and replaced with "seth rollins booking" because in a year you're gonna have no idea why you're suddenly super over seth rollins.

Seth was super over while he was still the guy that was very clearly number 2 behind Roman, then the second Roman has to leave and Seth gets that full booking momentum behind him, look what happened....he runs into a really boring feud and people start cooling off on him, just like they did on Roman. Is this an indictment of fickle wrestling fans or an indication that Vince doesn't know poo poo about how to book a top babyface anymore?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Hot take: from twitter namesearching Nia it looks like most of the people who unironically liked it are women

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

<3
https://twitter.com/kaisholland/status/1089710899957587969
https://twitter.com/TeganNoxWWE_/status/1089717571270643714

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ll side on Vince being an old man that needs to leave the business, most of their roster is really talented and only a dumb
senile old man could make their audience hate everyone.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it’s because vince thinks he has to demonstrate this guy is the top guy via coronation instead of letting his top guy have cool and fun feuds to get over with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/2019/article/royal-rumble-2019-results posted:

Seth Rollins won the Men's Royal Rumble Match and an opportunity the challenge a Women’s Champion at WrestleMania

Is there a report typo function on wwe.com? No? Well, let's see how long this lasts.