Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A federal employee with 30 years of seniority isn't most Americans though? Even if the federal government stays open, he opens himself up for all sorts of pain with a minor emergency.

Seriously, if you have a stable, relatively well-paying job put away some of that money.

i have parent friends working in/around dc making around six figures each, and if they have two+ kids one of the people is pretty much working a job just to pay for childcare and to HAVE a job, no exaggeration. the cost of living is pretty high, real estate and rent are expensive and mostly buffered from market influences, etc.

i mean sure, probably could have saved, but one or two small emergencies in the last year may have already happened and depleted that savings. the region's had some poo poo weather and has terrible drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

knew i recognized this idiot

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops