Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

A federal employee with 30 years of seniority isn't most Americans though? Even if the federal government stays open, he opens himself up for all sorts of pain with a minor emergency.

Seriously, if you have a stable, relatively well-paying job put away some of that money.

30 years in one job isn't any sort of guarantee that you'll be paid well these days, especially with the actual cost of living outstripping "cost-of-living" pay increases. Depending on where you live, you can get paid reasonably big bucks and still barely be able to keep your head above water.

Welcome to Hell Dimension!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

communism bitch posted:

this is the bit where you start forming anarchist militias, my lads and lasses.

What? And miss an all-new Big Bang Theory?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

If anyone tries to use "record stock market highs" as an indicator that Trump is good at anything, remember that the Dow has hit a record high under every president since Eisenhower. The DJIA is a mathematical scam using spurious techniques to ensure that its number goes up forever.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

oh nooooooo

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present ... the brand new 2019 Boeing 797-B Super!" :curtain falls:

"... that's the 737 MAX."

"No, no, it's the 797 Super."

"It looks exactly like the 737 MAX. It even has the same specs."

:sweating: "No, you see, THIS one has ... uh ... landing gear!"

"Did the 737 MAX not have ... landing gear?"

"... No?"

"So how did it land?"

:tiny voice: "... belly flop?"

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Trump: "I want Mueller DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON HIS ASHES!"

Barr: "Well, he didn't say outright that he wanted him fired, so no obstruction there."

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

President Asserts Executive Privilege Over Evidence Which He Claims Totally Exonerates Him

"Wow, he must be completely innocent!" gasp American voters

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Somebody brought it up in the comments but the embroidery on Melania’s dress is a real doozy:

:eyepop:

Just right on up in there!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Stoatbringer posted:

So what happens when he eventually leaves office? Is the slate just wiped clean, or will all this suddenly and hilariously catch up with him?

Ideally he steps straight out of the Oval Office into a courtroom.

If he's succeeded by another Republican (i.e. he resigns and Pence takes over), he'll almost certainly be pardoned, Nixon style.

The current fear is whether he'll leave office at all, if his comments this weekend are taken even slightly seriously.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

A Fancy Hat posted:

You might not realize this, okay? But the spring.... let's say you wish for no spring. You say "The springs, I hate the springs, they're very bad and I..... I'm tired of the springs." And then the very wonderful thing happens, doesn't it? You meet Coily, who is an incredible guy. Incredible being who is the.... he makes the springs go away. "NO SPRINGS!" and suddenly there's no spring in the car, or the bed. And you realize the power of the spring. Coily, who is incredible in a lot of ways, really.... I have met him and I'm very glad to say it. And quite frankly he's just one of the great inventors we've got now, don't we?

This is literally the last thread on this whole forum I'd ever expect to see references to A Case of Spring Fever. Bra-loving-vo.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Kevin "First U.S. Governor with the Roni" Stitt had a big face-to-face meeting with Elon Musk recently about possibly bringing a Tesla plant to Tulsa. Nobody wore masks there either. Lol.

Stitt doesn't think he got it at the Tulsa rally, which means he definitely got it at the Tulsa rally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Madison was born in 1751. So he was 25 when THEY signed the DoI. HE, of course, didn't touch it.