Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RowboatMan: Freezing time is an old P.I. trick...

Can I be a butt and request (obviously whenever you can get to it) to update my goon listing with the artist name Robot Cousin? That's pretty much the name I go by whenever I do stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

baby puzzle posted:

why does fl studio cut out a tiny bit at the start of the track? Or maybe soundcloud is doing that.

It's likely Soundcloud, but to make sure, what does it sound like after it's exported and before it's uploaded?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey I'm not planning on making a thread for just an announcement but I figured this thread, of all places, would be the best place to post...

Starting on Nov 1st 2020, there'll be the annual Awful Xmas thread in GBS, run by myself and my wife, Awful Music Alumnus jennyinstereo.

2020 sucked. We need this now more than ever. As I mentioned to someone else, you know how in Ghostbusters 2, they (the guys) used good vibes to mobilize the statue of liberty to break through the slime mould covering the museum?

This year, we're like the Ghostbusters (dibs on Winston!), the museum, slime mould, and Vigo are all 2020, and the statue of liberty is the super wonderful and awesome Awful Xmas submissions.

So get ready to kick 2020 in the jingle bells. I truly don't give a poo poo if you start working on stuff now, in fact I'd prefer it, just so we'd have SO MUCH MUSIC! Just wait until the thread goes up to submit it.

I might even post it a bit earlier, due to the fact that I'm selling a house and the closing date is Nov 2nd, so i'mma be quite busy around that time.

Anyway, thank you all for your time, and I look forward to hearing the wonderful and terrible things you will all come up with.

Goonspeed.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

When I went back to the iPad recording from four years ago, though, I found that I really liked it despite how noisy and rough it was - there was something about getting it down when all of those feelings were fresh that I really liked. So in the end I just added a bit of piano and a bit of organ to reinforce what was already there; other than that it's what I recorded on the day I wrote it.

https://soundcloud.com/danwarren/ho...keep-this-going

It's gotten a pretty decent response given how rough it is. I should probably post off-the-cuff lo-fi stuff more often.

This happens to me all the time (for my own stuff, not for contracted work); I'll put something down because of a feeling or a bunch of feelings, and it'll be rough and messy, but it'll be honest. And I truly want to fix it up, but then when I start to, it usually takes that feeling out of it, either a bit or by a lot, so I leave it.

So I end up with tracks upon tracks that sound true and honest to me, but overall sound like I haven't graduated with honours from a recording arts program.

Edit: also, I really like this track.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 14, 2020

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cheese Thief posted:

I like your Iron and Wine sound. I listened to the whole thing. Its good to put yourself out there like that. Singing is fun, and more people should let loose and just do it.

I completely agree