Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

I like your Iron and Wine sound. I listened to the whole thing. Its good to put yourself out there like that. Singing is fun, and more people should let loose and just do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Trig Discipline posted:

High praise! They were a huge influence on me way back when; the entire reason I initially learned to fingerpick was because I became obsessed with Our Endless Numbered Days in grad school. I guess it's still pretty obvious when I strip away all the bells and whistles.

On the topic of Iron & Wine, I had a burned cd I got in 2004 of an album called "Home Recordings," which were his 4track tapes. That was the only album I liked, but I liked it a whole lot as a fan of the low fidelity and raw sound. Not that I disliked his other releases, but none of them were as good as his home recordings. I can't find it anywhere, not on youtube. I probably have the cd out in the garage somewhere but poo poo, no cd player. If you heard it I'm sure you'd like it.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

Trig Discipline posted:

A lot of his old 4 track stuff was released as The Creek Drank the Cradle and The Sea and the Rhythm, have you heard those?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTsbNMRQa1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRGwJrGldkA

Yep, those are classic. His actual bedroom tapes is what I'm after, the demos of those versions. Anyway, it's just funny to have disappeared from the internet. Maybe I had a rare bootleg release back then, or something.
I finger pick classical guitars too so I can appreciate it. I've heard him do a banjo solo here and there, which I think was my first influence to get into the instrument.