Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

3299 BC - A small settlement of ancient peoples in an unknown location.

They toil away trying to sustain life in this fledgling settlement.

The elder told a story of a god who spoke to him of a hidden secret. A secret that would usher in true power for their people.

Now, as the town lay on the verge of dying this legend is the only thing the people have to hang on to.

There are some though, that want this secret for themselves. These betrayers want the secret to form their own village and let this one die.

Still others have their own selfish reasons for wanting the secret or may have other goals aside from finding it.

The time has come for the villagers to stand against the betrayers and outside forces to take control and march the human race towards the future.

Welcome to El Dorado 4 - A Role Madness game for 20 Players.

As with previous incarnations of El Dorado, aside from normal mafia mechanics there will be a search function and different locations.

The Locations for this game are:

The Riverbank - - The Riverbank is an area surrounding the small river that gives life to the village, the dirt along the banks is black from the sediment that is deposited on the shore. This land is the lifeblood and the center of the village because it is where the grains can grow that sustain the village and it is a source of ever precious water.

The Red Lands - - The Red Lands are the vast sandy waste to the west of the village. It is dangerous and unpredictable with frequent sandstorms, intense heat during the day and surprisingly cold temperatures at night. Many deadly beasts roam the sands from poisonous snakes and scorpions to strange poisonous lizards that can disorient and confuse if disturbed.

The Red Cliffs - - The Red Cliffs are further south of the village and it is an area of the river where it is many miles wide across and the riverbanks are large red cliffs that tower above the water and do not provide easy access to the river. Even if it did there are dangerous man eating fish and crocodiles present here.

The Mountain of the Gods - - The mountains to the east of the village are nearly impossible to traverse and contain many dangers. It is said that this is where the gods live and where the ancient elders are said to have been told about the secret.

The Quarry - - To the North of the village lies the Quarry used to cut the stone used in the villages tools and household items as well as building materials.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every player begins at the Riverbank, each night you may change locations. Each location will have a Discord channel associated with it. You will not be able to see messages prior to being in the room, only what is said while you are there.

Each night you automatically search the location you are at in addition to any night actions you may have.

There will be a small chance to find something at each location to start, the chance to find something raises each night you stay at the same location, once something is found, it will reset the locations search chance for you.

Finding something is not always good, the safer locations will yield less danger but the rewards will not be as potent. The more dangerous areas will have the possibility of great rewards but also great danger. Rewards can be x-shot abilities, clues, special actions or events for the game and many other possibilities. Dangers can range from a stack of hate or a post restriction to the player dying, becoming a stump, or losing abilities.

The secret can NOT be found until night 4.

The player who finds the secret will win the game for their faction. The game can also be won via normal factional win conditions.

I have eliminated the stat/combat aspects of the game to simplify things so no more HP or Attack or Stealth to worry about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standard mafia rules apply, nights are closed, lunches are majority.

Please join the discord! Every player must join the discord! Discord Link

If you want to observe that is fine, please also join discord if you want to observe.

Observers:
1. Podima
2. IllegallySober
3. Bottleknight
4. OMGVBFLOL
5. jimmydalad
6. GX
7. Solus

Players:
  1. A Sometimes Food
  2. AnAnonymousIdiot
  3. b-minus1
  4. bowmore
  5. CCKeane
  6. chaoslord
  7. Dick Bastardly
  8. flerp
  9. Hal Incandenza
  10. hambeet
  11. Infinitum
  12. KhediveRex
  13. Max
  14. merk
  15. Mr. Humalong
  16. Somberbrero
  17. Tired Moritz
  18. Toalpaz
  19. Tobbs Gnawed
  20. xiw

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
why!!

this looks cool!!!!!!!!!

I'm signing up?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Observer, please :)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
This looks awesome, I'm in

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Yeah okay this sounds fun I'm down

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Observer, if you please.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Sounds intriguing. I’m in

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I’d love to observe.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
ill play but im not going to read 500 pages a day of office workers wordvomiting the thread while i’m afk at my real job

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Sign me up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

xiw posted:

Sign me up.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sounds fun, sign me up.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Sign me the gently caress up! This sounds different enough from standard Mafia.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DOOM PATROL ASSEMBLE!

https://i.imgur.com/VY3Yj9d.mp4

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
I'm here to dig for things.

You're game is cool. And I'm digging it.

Consider me joined. You dig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I encourage everyone who hasn't to read the first second and third El Dorado games linked in the OP to check em out to get a feel for the basic concept and story so far.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
K it looks complex but I'm complex so we'll get along just fine

Only alive in one game anyways, and serial killer popcon doesn't count.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i am out of my loving mind thinking a mafia game is a good idea right now

switch me to observer please

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

There's gold in them hills!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

In

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ill play. Im good at treasure hunting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Change me to an observer for now. I have a feeling KH3 is going to swallow my life.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

jimmydalad posted:

Change me to an observer for now. I have a feeling KH3 is going to swallow my life.

You'll probably have it beaten 3 times before this game fills.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

You'll probably have it beaten 3 times before this game fills.

I’m here to get harassed by merk

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We are getting there.

When should I read the things?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

There are only two ways this game can go.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

KhediveRex posted:

There are only two ways this game can go.

Well considering the three previous El Dorado games have been gold... (totally unbiased opinion)

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

Well considering the three previous El Dorado games have been gold... (totally unbiased opinion)

Oh, I more meant for the players.

Like, am I gonna find the gold in those hills? Or am I gonna be stabbed to death by Mayans? I'm excited to find out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

hahaha

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Pulling out of this one, I have really bad time management and a deadline for something in a couple of weeks. Sorry CPig!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I really need to find out that Ancient Secret you were talking about

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Players:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

:same:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gently caress come on and join the game you shits.

i'll beat you up if you dont

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When is this game starting? :pitchfork:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

merk posted:

When is this game starting? :pitchfork:

When more people join it, obviously.

Adbot