Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«59 »
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

im just glad i got to kill tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Im not very good at mafia, sorry :'(

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Toal broke my brain yesterday.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

The Pit Awaits

this was a lot of fun! thank you pig, this many night actions and oot chat must have been a lot of work. i enjoyed playing with everyone and no one got too mean.

i need to read through everything but my honest feeling is that the searching stuff felt incidental to the game i was playing. maybe it had a much bigger impact than i realized but i honestly would have just rather played mafia v0v

I don't blame cpig for how modkills are handled because that's really tough, but i would have ended the day with IP's post. a deliberate modkill is different from someone not reading the rules and loving up, although yeah merk definitely should have checked first.

mostly with that, i'm aggravated at IP because that was a real cheap move. we all signed up to play mafia, and that sucked a lot of fun out of the experience that day could have been. if you're too frustrated to play, log out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

you're a flower. you're also a rainbow and a river. you are the manifestation of all perfection and i want to i don't fucking know, but you are fucking perfect

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah, town using the modkill to ruin our plan was not very cool.

Sorry about that. I was in a bad mood, could tell that I was going to get lunched (which would have made for an awful weekend of defending myself), and realized that merk flipped immediately, so I decided that it was in the best interest of town to create discussion by blowing myself up so they'd have that information to go off of. Which...only kind of worked, but it still removed a night kill as opposed to the possibility of mislynching me one day then ASF the next. I do agree with the sentiment that any kills should only be posted at the bookends of a day.

Also sorry Toal for the personal attacks.

Somberbrero posted:

we all signed up to play mafia, and that sucked a lot of fun out of the experience that day could have been. if you're too frustrated to play, log out.

I was playing mafia within the rules of the game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

You turn the corner and see a greenskinned fuckmidget.
Roll for initiative.

Somberbrero posted:

I don't blame cpig for how modkills are handled because that's really tough, but i would have ended the day with IP's post.
mostly with that, i'm aggravated at IP because that was a real cheap move.

I didn't even realize IP did it on purpose until after I had posted the flip.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

I was being a jerk too but it was mostly keyfabe and bluster so I didn't actually have to read or case

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

Told you i was a scavenger!

Thanks all, good times. I did end up picking a bad time to play so the lurking was wasn't completely deliberate - apologies.

FWIW I never ended up in a location with a town player at night.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

I underestimated the push The Man would get at Royal Rumble 2019 because I am a giant idiot MARK

Grimey Drawer

always glad to give some good fodder for the sake of the game. had fun, thank you cpig for doin the thing

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i played kashuno's new avatar mafia 3 and all i got was this avatar

That was a fun game thanks Pig.
Agree with a lot that has been said by everyone I guess

I was disheartened to find out that I was the night kill, especially when it was humalong, but I was soon glad to see that my theory of scum going to every location was right.

Beetroot? More like beetright!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ask me why I think hambeet is so dreamy

I had a lot of fun this game, seriously great job Cpig. The location chats are a really cool setup.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toal in scum chat posted:

I'm going to stop posting here in discord because I"m going to need every ounce of mental energy to destroy max in thread

Get owned.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

I underestimated the push The Man would get at Royal Rumble 2019 because I am a giant idiot MARK

Grimey Drawer

yeah, the random twist of pure binary fate owned us all if you really think about it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The elderado games all seem to end on chance.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I was being a jerk too but it was mostly keyfabe and bluster so I didn't actually have to read or case

Realtalk I kinda don't enjoy this experience at all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Idk I thought Toal played good scum even though they kinda hosed themselves into a terrible situation with IP's suicide via mod.

I think you burned yourself out by arguing against them too much.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

Why won't he die?

I had fun even though I barely got to play.

I'm glad we murdered Keane because in a game you lose, it feels better to have more losers.

I kind of know what it feels like to be a backseat driver but also a ghost so nobody can hear you complain.

I'm sad Max didnt get lunched because I worked real hard to buddy up and frame him.

Thanks CPig GG HF

merk
May 20, 2003

The Greatest Mafia
Champion

CapitalistPig posted:

I know you said it was a bad rule and were mad about it merk, but the rule is literally in the standard mafia rules and directly quoting out of thread communications has always been a no no, sorry not sorry.

A warning would have sufficed.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

Why won't he die?

CapitalistPig posted:

Since it has been brought up multiple times to me.

You are NOT allowed to directly quote the night chats and will be modkilled if you do so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

merk posted:

A warning would have sufficed.

There was a warning, you didn't read it.

merk
May 20, 2003

The Greatest Mafia
Champion

CapitalistPig posted:

There was a warning, you didn't read it.

A warning to me after I did it would have been more than enough. The fact that I missed one post from you on page 18 of the game should not result in a modkill, especially for such a minor infraction that had literally not impact on the game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

Roll for initiative.

merk posted:

A warning to me after I did it would have been more than enough. The fact that I missed one post from you on page 18 of the game should not result in a modkill, especially for such a minor infraction that had literally not impact on the game.

It isn't my fault you didn't read the game you were in.

My warning said a modkill would happen if the rule wasn't followed.

It didn't say there would be a warning and then a modkill.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

No you needed to be modkilled for it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

merk posted:

A warning legitimizes the quote you made as real and can influence how you are read by others. There's a reason the standard is "don't quote out of thread communications."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i donít blame cpig for sticking to the ruling he made

«59 »