Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If the scum tean is rex + asf, I wouldnt be that surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rex, you really need to stop providing these big think pieces hours before deadline.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Max posted:

Krex - Here's my problem with Krex. In the ACAB game they were posting up a storm as town without a filter, and was super excited to be taking part in the game and discussing things. Here, they seem to only pop in at specific moments, but isn't otherwise adding a shitload of reads or posting a lot like they did in previous games. It bothers me, and I wonder how chatty they've been in their night chats with others (Somber, it sounds like you've talked with them the most?) Obviously if Toal flips scum, he's going to warrant a really close look but I'd rather do ASF first in that situation.

I entirely understand you're concern. Let me explain myself a bit.

My life is super unstable at the moment. I actually dropped out of two mafia's just before this one started because I didn't think I'd have time for it. I stuck in this one because I and my brother would get to play a mafia that incorporated multiple areas, which is an idea we're toying with for something experimental.

I'd hoped to have my life reordered by now and I don't. Which is a bummer, honestly, and the question of what to do now takes up more of my time in a day then mafia does.

As far as characterizing me posting up a stom in ACAB though, Max should remember that the day I was last minute lynched as town was a day in which I didn't come in to post. I'm high content but I've never been high post count.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay but why are we buying the fact that we have two empowerers? Especially when ASF is apparently now a defacto "jailer" and we still havent figured out why Rex's results are so inconclusive

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Max posted:

Rex, you really need to stop providing these big think pieces hours before deadline.

Big think is what I do. Waiting to the last minute to get things done is also what I do.

It's in my nature.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Also why havent we all agree to slam our face into one location so we can all decide whats the optimal usage of our night abilities

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh yeah ##unvote

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Okay but why are we buying the fact that we have two empowerers? Especially when ASF is apparently now a defacto "jailer" and we still havent figured out why Rex's results are so inconclusive

We don't have two empowerers. We have two backups. One is an empowerer and one is a jailor.

I believe that both of them are backups because the first claim of a backup role was second-backup, which predicates there being a first backup. Second backup (asf) also described there role in the same way that first backup (b) described their role. No contradictions between the two.

Now, do I buy that both of them are town? Certainly not. The question to consider in mind is would Cpig have included a scum role that wouldn't have gotten a power till d4 the way ASF has?

I don't believe it. Of the two, first backup is a lot more suspect.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Mmm, maybe ASF found out the backup role somehow and decided to piggyback on it? Scum team might have a back up too, though its probably not ASF.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just think ASF is scum roleblocker.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

Also why havent we all agree to slam our face into one location so we can all decide whats the optimal usage of our night abilities

I mean we're almost all claimed, we could coordinate in thread but I don't think there's a way to effectively orchestrate a win-state with what we have, scum will just play around our actions if they know them. It doesn't seem like location has any other bearing on night actions than masonries and searching, right? We should all be aiming for the secret fastpass out of this game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I guessed that asf was a backup a little while ago and he did claim to have a passive role to krex and I night two in red cliff chat. I believe the claim, alignment is still open to interpretation but personally I'm thinking asf is town.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Can someone explain to me what failure without interference mean?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

Big think is what I do. Waiting to the last minute to get things done is also what I do.

It's in my nature.

Big think is fine but if you actually care about others acting on your cases you need to change your nature. If you just want to make it look like you are making an effort but don't actually care about the case you're making, that's fine.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Tired Moritz posted:

Did I miss something? I thought I was the only empowerer.

Rex just glossed over asf, which makes me think both of them are scum.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why would you trust anyone in night chat though?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Sorry I hosed up. Im phoneposting in a traffic jam.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

I guessed that asf was a backup a little while ago and he did claim to have a passive role to krex and I night two in red cliff chat. I believe the claim, alignment is still open to interpretation but personally I'm thinking asf is town.

If asf is town, how do we interpret toal’s results? Lying scum or bastard mod?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

Assuming ASF is town and Toal is scum, was the toal gambit claim cop, get IP lunched. Then go "whoops, guess I'm insane" and then get ASF lunched?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
That would be smart but Toal double down on Rex though? Not a prepared gambit if so.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
just read through the cop entry on the SA Mafia Wiki. Thought this was amusing:

Very Rare (AKA stupid)
Random: A Random Cop gets a completely random result on all investigations.

These "Very Rare" cop types are really stupid. Like, beyond stupid. Primarily because it is not likely a player will actually live long enough to determine their beyond worthless sanity. As a mod you should not use them and as a player you should scold and shame mods who do.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Its role madness so I cant deny the possibility of an insane cop.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

We can clear or drat ASF by flipping Toal.

This is still the best peice of actionable information available to us today.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Seriously though, why so many failed results?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhediveRex posted:

We can clear or drat ASF by flipping Toal.

This is still the best peice of actionable information available to us today.

I actually agree with this, all things being equal. Flipping toal will cut the knot on a lot of questions and if KRex is scum he's backed himself into a corner either way at this point.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And again, has everyone told cpig where they are going?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay yeah that makes sense.

##vote toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Okay, I would rather not die to have to prove that. But I understand if that would answer our questions.

Worst case scenario you have to hit scum every day if there's three of them. But like you have ASF and Rex so it should be okay. I am pretty sure Rex has been doing some weird gambit I don't understand. But all the info I have is on the table. so.

I was role blocked by scum. I was the only one here role blocked last night. I know I made some poor arguments but that's the truth.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Okay, I would rather not die to have to prove that. But I understand if that would answer our questions.

Worst case scenario you have to hit scum every day if there's three of them. But like you have ASF and Rex so it should be okay. I am pretty sure Rex has been doing some weird gambit I don't understand. But all the info I have is on the table. so.

I was role blocked by scum. I was the only one here role blocked last night. I know I made some poor arguments but that's the truth.

Yes tbf I think I know how this flip is going to go but it will also provide a clear path forward, or else night action shenanigans have rendered all results uselss / there are actually four scum and this is endgame but, I dunno what to say about that scenario, really.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don't feel comfortable voting toal. Would rather vote rex, asf or xiw. humalong also MIA.

I'm pretty sure that 90% of the posts made within the last 24 hours were made by town

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope the night chat forces ASF not to do dumb poo poo with their night ability

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Would also vote ASF as that would help with info, but it still leaves the door open with the discussion of "will Toal just shrug and say 'must have been a framer'" and we will have to buy that? I think no matter what scum will not do town a favor and will just leave rex and toal alive for as long as possible to muddy the waters and I'd rather remove that option from their toolbox.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Apologies, I hosed up, they, they, they.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

ASF isn't flipping town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm here, sorry. Rapidly catching up now.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

KhediveRex posted:

Does the game support two cops and two backups? I really can't see it. There'd be no way for town to ever be deprived of a cop basically.

Two backups are a confirmed component of this game. Two cops is not.

While we talk about two backups, I'd be shocked frankly if both of them were town. It makes much more sense in my mind that first-backup would be scum, because if second-backup is scum you have the potential of a scum player sitting around without a power multiple days and nights in a row. I don't think a role madness game would include "vanilla scum" or anything that can be approximated as such.

So, the two people I'm reading scum are Toalpaz and B. Toalpaz becuase there shouldn't be room for two cops. B because there shouldn't be room for two town backups.

I'll do a more complete list of everyone in the game in a little bit, assuming those are still being requested.

How are the two backups confirmed?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

also if we're flipping cops can we please flip the fake one, in order for rex's role to be real there needs to be 2 scum role blockers or something wacky.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yeah I think Rex's failed results kinda got ignored for some reason

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

also if we're flipping cops can we please flip the fake one, in order for rex's role to be real there needs to be 2 scum role blockers or something wacky.

I have an argument in my head for why Rex, but I want to see you articulate it, if you don't mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

How are the two backups confirmed?

b- targeted me with an empower night 1, I know he has that power.