Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Somberbrero posted:

so the scum withheld the kill last night so I would trust Rex more absolutely

well, did you tell masonry who you were protecting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

lmao okay can we please please throw this game to Toal and hum? holy poo poo

i think toal is scum, we can't win together

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

So wheres your results today, toalpaz? Kinda weird for an outted cop to not start off by saying something

KhediveRex posted:

Everyone's all, "Let's vote Toal, the obvious scum".

And I'm over here like :colbert:

Toalpaz posted:

hmm I wonder why someone isn't acting like how their role should suggest they should act.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

invention, beet's last invention probably.

Because your vote on ASF at deadline makes no sense. You did the math in scum chat that lunching ASF and lunching me sequentially gets you an extra day and lunch. You spent the whole day pushing me and talking about how you needed to resolve the situation between Rex and Me, but in the end you voted ASF, someone you probably knew was town, in order to lunch me today.

Because of you and Somber's banter I'm guessing that one of you has claimed doctor and scum witheld the kill last night.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

anyways, if you did tell masonry who you were protecting, (someone with no real claim), insinuating that they were the nk target would be a good way to beef up their credibility.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

C) Once you feel a sufficient amount of time has passed, vote Toal who is pretty much scum claiming here.

:jerkbag:

If it's such a open and shut deal why does max need to insinuate that I'm scum claiming there. He's just reaching to read into things because its more convenient as scum to end the day fast.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote mr scumalong

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

##vote mr scumalong

binus...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b- vote max with me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Rex did you have results?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Somberbrero posted:

Hey Rex did you have results?

I copped b- last night and got a failure with interference.

B stands out to me but max is vouching for him and somber is vouching for him. If those three are scum there isn't room for Toal to be scum. And Toal is certainly scum. So, I'm off the b case.

Good guys:

Rex
Somber
Max
B

Confirmed scum:

Toal

Some question remaining:

Hum
Xiw
TM

Of the people remaning I feel best about TM, because the tracker role is confirmed by B and all the other roles he's been capable of adopting were town roles. Between Xiw and Hum, I'd be more likely to vote Hum (tommorrow). His unwillingness to claim at this late stage is odd.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Good morning.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I appreciate the hustle, toal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A few notes on Toal:

I'm going to post smaller summaries because I don't think I need to go back and relitigate everything under the sun that says Toal is scum.

1) Starting with today:

Toalpaz posted:

I'm not scum and I have no clue what's happening

Toalpaz posted:

krex called me scum, he's probably scum

Toalpaz posted:

I've been set up. I think it's likely that Rex and Max are scum,

Toalpaz posted:

scum result on max

Look at this series of posts Toal makes as the day opens. If Toal was a town cop, they would have come in airhorns blaring that they have a scum result on me, not walk in shrugging saying we should no lunch. This reveal is indicative of a lot of cases they made today: on their feet. Most of their arguments last night were made in the heat of the moment to try and find any small thing that sticks.

2)

Toalpaz posted:

you're just leading them all around by the nose huh

I read this post as coming from the perspective of frustrated scum that are annoyed they've lost the narrative. Deep in your heart you know town would not think to post this. It betrays a scum mindset.

3) I'm not going to go back and quote everything because I sort of did that yesterday, but circling back on Toal's cop claim, go back and re-read toal's posts from Day 2 and 3 while keeping in mind that Toal was sitting on a scum result on AAI. I can forgive one day of sitting on that info to see who AAI posted about and buddied up with, which is what made me waver yesterday on deciding between ASF and Toal, but that goes out the window Day 3. Toal, supposedly knowing AAI is scum, allows people to push a Bowmore lunch when they could have just as easily said "no seriously, let's flip AAI." Their play doesn't make sense there as a town cop. Neither does the innordinate amount of pressure we had to put on Toal to get them to grudgingly agree to vote ASF yesterday after IP flipped. Toal isn't a cop, do not allow yourself to be fooled.

I'll address a specific argument toal laid at my feet yesterday but tldr: vote Toal for a better tomorrow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Because your vote on ASF at deadline makes no sense. You did the math in scum chat that lunching ASF and lunching me sequentially gets you an extra day and lunch. You spent the whole day pushing me and talking about how you needed to resolve the situation between Rex and Me, but in the end you voted ASF, someone you probably knew was town, in order to lunch me today.

Because of you and Somber's banter I'm guessing that one of you has claimed doctor and scum witheld the kill last night.

b-, in case you were somehow convinced of this, which it looks like you were:

Keep in mind that in a world where I am scum and Toal is actually a town cop, I would have absolutely no reason to switch over to ASF. Flipping Toal would actually be the better move here, and there was absolutely momentum to just keep pushing Toal and flipping them yesterday, and their flip would have been a death sentence for ASF and one of the easiest lunches imaginable.

On top of this:

Toalpaz posted:

well, did you tell masonry who you were protecting?

Why would I, as scum, put myself in a position to add an extra day of having to mislunch town by choosing to not kill anyone, when I could have easily murdered TM, b-, or Somber and bring the scum team one step closer to victory. Toal was going to be lunched today no matter what happened in the night.

What actually happened was I choked, and bought the narrative Toal was pushing, and decided to test the claim instead, on the slim hope that maybe Toal really was an insane cop. It was wrong. Again, vote toal for a better tomorrow.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

:jerkbag:

If it's such a open and shut deal why does max need to insinuate that I'm scum claiming there. He's just reaching to read into things because its more convenient as scum to end the day fast.

I'm getting tired of that emote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I was deflated that we missed on Asf and IP. I also disagree that flipping asf isn't the right move for scum max because it makes me look full of poo poo, as we can see from today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I was deflated that we missed on Asf and IP. I also disagree that flipping asf isn't the right move for scum max because it makes me look full of poo poo, as we can see from today.

In that scenario, why not flip a town cop with impunity since the town was working towards that? That would still implicate ASF the next day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also I don't believe that you would be deflated for an entire night and come in going "hey lets just no-lunch"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
so whats the deal with hum anyway?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I dunno, if you were actually town and scumhunting, you would have laid my banter with Tobbs on day 1 at my feet, along with pushing the inf and bowmore lunches. Today you've just focused on OMGUS'ing me and doing that thing you did in Jimmy's game where you just make up wild theories about what I'm doing and ignore actionable stuff that is legitimate.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

so whats the deal with hum anyway?

No idea. Either they claim today or get pressured into it tomorrow if the game isn't somehow over.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

Also I don't believe that you would be deflated for an entire night and come in going "hey lets just no-lunch"

tbh I wanted to see if any of your scumbuddies would rush in with your double vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Max posted:

No idea. Either they claim today or get pressured into it tomorrow if the game isn't somehow over.

Hum claims today or he dies

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

tbh I wanted to see if any of your scumbuddies would rush in with your double vote.

Don't believe.

b-minus1 posted:

Hum claims today or he dies

bmoney, please don't do this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Also I thought you started the day not believing I had the double vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I'm also guessing he's not actually a double voter because his scum team would have just scum rushed today.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

How big is the scum team, Toal?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That reads like you know exactly how large the scum team is.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This just makes your assertion that I had the night kill withheld even more incredulous. If I'm a scum double voter, why withhold the night kill and leave the votes needed for majority at 5 when we could kill someone and bring it down to 4, giving me even more room to rush the vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Max posted:

I already submitted where I am going.

Max posted:

I dunno, that reads like Tobbs is complimenting your "I told you so" read at the end of the last game?

Max posted:

I dunno, if you were actually town and scumhunting, you would have laid my banter with Tobbs on day 1 at my feet, along with pushing the inf and bowmore lunches. Today you've just focused on OMGUS'ing me and doing that thing you did in Jimmy's game where you just make up wild theories about what I'm doing and ignore actionable stuff that is legitimate.

yeah some really damning interaction with Tobbs right there. There's also one where you go, the shrug from you? to Tobbs. Anyways the point is that it's no what's convincing. And the bulk of why I copped you was your activity around deadline yesterday.

Anyways what's interesting to me is your 6 post back and forth between hum and you that evaporates out of thin air day 1 and never goes anywhere or matters again. This reads like scum banter to me because you decide you don't care about the case and never return to it, because you don't need to scumhunt. You picked something easy to pick apart and complained about it. And didn't even return to it with IP's flip.

Max posted:

I agree with this read, but also, Huma, why did you vote DB?

Max posted:

I mean, then post "AAI always posts like this" and not "AAI has posted like this when scum and SK." Is it actually that hard to see why it was read that way?

Max posted:

I really wouldn't characterize what you said as arguing against a bad or lazy AAI vote. It looks like shade throwing to see who is going to bite.

Max posted:

Why bring it up, then?

Max posted:

Why haven't you voted for AAI, then?

Max posted:

Vote Hum, imo.

Max posted:

##vote humalong

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

my friend I'm just gauging what exactly you have to work with.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I like that I have to point out to you that you should be scum hunting.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also I circled back on humalong, you even cited it as a reason for attempting to investigate hum night 3, remember?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Max threw some shade your way end of day and I agreed that you act susp imo. You disappear a lot and don't offer a wide variety of good casework imo. You also haven't had a lot of attention on you. So I tried to check in on you.

I don't know why I'd waste my cop on someone suspicious enough that they'd already been up for lunch. We should be able to catch scum like XIW if XIW is scum via the vote and casework. We had the spotlight on XIW. I'd also rather cop someone unclaimed (compared to TM) because there's less info out there about them. We should be able to catch scum who claim power roles by evaluating their play and claimed targets. I'm trying to reduce the unknowns here.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

my dude I have been scum hunting, and chastising hum for disappearing isn't as strong as the d1 case against him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
So did everyone move yet? Ill give it 8-9 hrs before I vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why would I return to Humalong with IP's flip in the face of two claimed cops and one who is supposedly insane with an insane scum result on ASF?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

my dude I have been scum hunting, and chastising hum for disappearing isn't as strong as the d1 case against him.

That's not the criticism. You didn't bother to do any of that work last night, you only bothered to look back once I pointed out that you hadn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think I've made my case on Toal at this point. If they want to lay anything else at my feet they are free to do so but this is just going to be a back and forth where we snipe at each other for the rest of the day.

b-, I'm disappointed in you.