Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sounds fun, sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Morning goons let's find the secret.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The secret was inside you all along!

You shouldn't have swallowed all that gold it's not healthy.

My poo poo sparkles though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Rereading the OP, what does "becoming a stump" mean, it's one of the possible negative consequences for exploring?

Like is this some sort of mafia terminology, or is it something new for this game?

Or is Cpig being literal and something can polymorph us into tree stumps?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

flerp posted:

stump is where ur basically dead aka cant vote or do any actions but can still post in thread

Ah, thanks Flerp, hadn't run into that term before.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

hi im ready to learn the ancient secrete

Right. You'll need an old man and a can of prunes.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Keane's intial post was laughing about cuddling an empowerer, he explained it as ruefully laughing at our bad luck but it was easy to read as gloating scum posting in the wrong chat.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

tbh keane was probably killed by a townie, since he "scumslipped" in the chat.

Keane was unlikely to have been killed by a townie though, the other nightkill victim was scum. Keane would probably have been killed by scum while vig/3p killed Tobbs.

If three kills happen tonight, it's possible scum got stopped n1 and we got two vig/3p kills n1.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Keane was unlikely to have been killed by a townie though, the other nightkill victim was scum. Keane would probably have been killed by scum while vig/3p killed Tobbs.

If three kills happen tonight, it's possible scum got stopped n1 and we got two vig/3p kills n1.

I think it's more likely given the size of the game that we have a scum team and one vig or 3p for two nightkills though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Kinda a weird move to do though, since people were saying to lynch Keane tomorrow (today) anyway. Sounds like a free day for scum?

Scum may not have thought it was a strong enough case to work with, may have had another tactic in mind or really unlikely admittedly, there were no betrayers on the riverbank to see Keane's "scumslip".

Or yeah we could have three nightkills and scum just didn't get theirs off last night.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

he in past games could people die if they were unlucky searching?

the rules say yes, but the flavour for the deaths make it seem more like kills. Keane's certainly was. He was explicitly murdered.

Good point though, hadn't thought of that. Tobbs may have run afoul of something.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

the rules say yes, but the flavour for the deaths make it seem more like kills. Keane's certainly was. He was explicitly murdered.

Good point though, hadn't thought of that. Tobbs may have run afoul of something.

Though that would mean one nightkill and I feel that's also pretty unlikely.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

yeah i'd go with 3p for the flavour kill.

I don't disagree necessarily, but this is an Ancient Egypt flavoured game, the vig being hardcore on weird divine punishments wouldn't be the least likely flavour. I'm not sure I'd rule either way on flavour in any case.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think ASFs points about Keane are strange (not necessarily outright scummy) because scummy posting is exactly what we should expect from a jester.

Could be an attempt by ASF to appear to be hunting and content posting maybe?

Uh, what?

My points on Keane were confirming that Keane did make a sus post in river chat, but then pointing out that seeing as Tobbs was scum it was unlikely town killed Keane.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Like not to OMGUS, but I was not particularly sold on cuddling you, but that was a really bad post Dick.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

could you lay out the case on Dicky B

Seems to be a joke vote mostly.

Or you mean my one? I just felt that was a very strange reading of my posts.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Afternoon goons, I'm up and catching up now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

AAI's flailing reminds me of my flailing as scum a few games back when I misread the thread and mixed in scum knowledge accidentally in my posts. Like it could be an innocent misread but it is really reminiscent of me loving up as scum a few games back.

Tired Moritz posted:

If you guys really want to kill one of the riverpeeps, then uhh, bowmore is the first person to push the narrative that keane accidentally scumslipped, followed by A Sometimes Food.

Not a fan of how bowmore was the first person to push for the riverbank kill. feels like a kiss assy and a bit pushy for Max to shoot someone else other than themselves.

I never pushed a narrative keane scumslipped. I noted Keane made a post in river chat that could have been read as a scumslip, but then noted it was unlikely he was killed for it as he was probably killed by scum. This constant misreading of my posts has got me self conscious. Were my posts that poorly worded or are people deliberately mischaracterising my posts?

Also

Tired Moritz posted:

tbh keane was probably killed by a townie, since he "scumslipped" in the chat.

You were the person to post this in the thread despite the fact the other nightkill was of scum and you should have assumed the Keane nk was by scum. Combined with AAI slipping that he assumed scum got blocked, I'm wondering if scum got blocked and both Moritz and AAI slipped up by posting with that in mind.

##vote Tired Moritz

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

if you're in the riverchat, and you saw keane dropping scummy suspicious posts in the chat, wouldn't it be logical that a townie with a night kill would shoot keane immediately instead of giving him the chance to weasel his way out? compared to the chance of having scum somehow managing to kill the jester who also happened to make pushy "scumslips"?

don't call me out for having trust that the riverbank peeps are actually townies that killed the obvious target.

Except there's no reason to trust our "riverbank peeps" and the other nightkill was scum, so assuming Keane was killed by townies, is assuming scum had no nk. Which is knowledge town wouldn't normally have.

Also accusuing me of lacking loyalty to our one night unconfirmed masonry is some loving disingenuous poo poo.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

keane: lol we killed the empowerer
bowmore: MMMMMM YOURE NOT IN THE SCUM CHAT!!
a sometimes food: I GUESS WE HAVE DAY 2 SORTED!!

I don't like how you two immediately piped in planting the seed that keane scumslipped. no one else remarked on the comment beside bowmore and then you disappeared from the chat even though keane kept prodding with irl questions... toalpaz and bowmore was at least engaging with casual chat.

are you really surprised that im surprised when all you did last night was make a quip about killing keane day 2 and then disappearing?

I dropped my poo poo post there at ~11pm my time, the last post in our chat was ~8:45am my time. I was asleep.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

cute of you that you think I thought that far ahead.

I'd have let it slide, but you keep bringing this poo poo up instead of acknowledging a mistake, then AAI came in with the same train of thought.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

hello everyone

hello

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

The masonry stuff with ASF and bowmore doesn’t give me good feelings but I don’t know if it’s enough to act on.

Masonry?

I was referring to us both being on the riverbank, being at a location is like a randomised, unconfirmed masonry. ie no ability to trust anyone there.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Like for real am I communicating really badly or are people just misrepresenting me constantly.

Or just paying no attention.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sup everyone?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm still happy with my TM vote, gonna reread thread a bit though for more thoughts.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

A Sometimes Food sucks and they only come in the thread to FOS people that are suspicious of them

Funnily enough the people who are trying to throw shade on me are the people I find suspicious. Yeah the only explanation for that is I'm scum.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Please quote that again when I flip.

Will do.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

I don't think we are gonna hear tms claim in time.

Nope.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Just woke up. Sorry bout disappearing yesterday got real busy unexpectedly.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I am here now. Catching up. Sorry got surprise busy yesterday.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Not convinced with TMo but willing to see what plays out with their claim. As I discussed in the cliffs chat I am onboard with a Xiw cuddle, it'd be good to see if the scum spread theory has merit, especially as confirmed town Beet first floated it.

##vote Xiw

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

can someone tell me why xiw is being voted

Being the only person in the desert N1, Beet floated a theory that scum may have spread put to be in all the chats, seeing as Beet flipped town it seemed like a worthwhile avenue to pursue.

It isn't a vote I am super invested in but it seemed a good enough place to start.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'd rather not claim. Claiming the specifics of my role would reduce the effectiveness of town with a related role. If we do mass claim I will only do so after them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

We should have lunched ip and xiw already. I can’t imsgine voting for anyone else today barring some slam dunk case against another player.

I'm down for xiw vote still and really disliked the pull off them. Rereading IP now too.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

ugh, your new avatar.

Hambeet is a monster

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote xiw

Money where my mouth is before I go to sleep.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I was in the cliffs again, figured they could do with a bit more searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I also did nothing last night, so that part of TMo's claim is correct, but also an easy guess.