Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Give em two, it's the noobie one, and we need as big a field as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
I hope to do mine this Friday/Saturday. Fine with an extension though. Really looking forward to seeing what other people do.

probably 10 entries of the same thing since many have posted basically every idea my wife and I have discussed.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have invited friends round to eat beans on the 23rd, no turning back now!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Extension given!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Scientastic posted:

I have invited friends round to eat beans on the 23rd, no turning back now!

:same:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Lima beans and chickpeas are soaking. I'm getting hyped!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BrianBoitano posted:

Lima beans and chickpeas are soaking. I'm getting hyped!

:peanut:

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882438

Many beans and many pickles.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Awesome. Redbeans and rice is a staple dish for me that I make at least 1-2x a month.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Nice! I was impatient and skipped to the image, then was confused because my concept of dessert is limited. I'll have to try that sometime soon - very low barrier to entry, so to speak. My Chinese coworker says you can also enjoy it as a drink, kind of in the same vein as boba tea (very different flavors, same itch to scratch)

Rules question: I was fuckin exhausted yesterday, and my experimentation/plating of my dessert was rear end. Does my entry need to be the exact meal as eaten, or the components combined in post? If it needs to be exact, that's fine, it was tasty just not quite right yet. If dinner-yesterday-desert-today is fine, I'll do dessert attempt 2 tonight.

e: cheers all! Will do dessert try 2: beany boogaloo tonight.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 18, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Nice! I was impatient and skipped to the image, then was confused because my concept of dessert is limited. I'll have to try that sometime soon - very low barrier to entry, so to speak. My Chinese coworker says you can also enjoy it as a drink, kind of in the same vein as boba tea (very different flavors, same itch to scratch)

Rules question: I was fuckin exhausted yesterday, and my experimentation/plating of my dessert was rear end. Does my entry need to be the exact meal as eaten, or the components combined in post? If it needs to be exact, that's fine, it was tasty just not quite right yet. If dinner-yesterday-desert-today is fine, I'll do dessert attempt 2 tonight.

If you just post them all up in separate pictures from different days I don't think I'd care much. If this was a regular ICSA I might push for it all done in one go or something, but not for a NICSA. So yeah just combine in stuff from the next day if you need to.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BrianBoitano posted:

After I actually got to have the soup, I'd suggest increasing the final water volume since it turned out kind of dense in terms of beans. I'd probably get pearled barley too since that was often my favorite part of lu dou tang.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You can write it up however you see fit. Most people don’t actually cook all the courses in the same meal, they document a set of dishes and present it as if it had been a meal.

I always do it as a meal simply because my friends want me to cook for them, but you definitely don’t have to.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

My entry :toot: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882541

Glad I got the second stab at dessert - it just so happened that we had extra hand pie dough today, so that made a really easy application of the dessert.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Scientastic posted:

You can write it up however you see fit. Most people don’t actually cook all the courses in the same meal, they document a set of dishes and present it as if it had been a meal.

THIS WAS AN OPTION?!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Despite not being a newbie, I am hosting a bean feast tomorrow and have been documenting the prep so far. Hopefully I will have a non-eligible post ready on Sunday night

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
There's a nonzero chance I give this a shot, I have everything for a 3 course bean-stravaganza, the only ingredient I'm missing in time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Ben Nevis posted:

There's a nonzero chance I give this a shot, I have everything for a 3 course bean-stravaganza, the only ingredient I'm missing in time.

Gogogo you could knock it out in a weekend!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

That Works posted:

Gogogo you could knock it out in a weekend!

I've got 3 things done already and am making my last dish on Saturday! This is what weekends are for.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Done.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882948

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Completely forgot about actually writing everything up, looks like I found something to do while this thing bakes for the next few hours.

e; Cassoulet is like 3-4 hours from completion and post is mostly written up. Everything smells pretty goddamn good, only problem is that my dog is pretty pissed.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 23, 2019

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
A couple kinds of beans are soaking overnight, and a few more preserved or fresh kinds are waiting to be cooked! Tomorrow is the beanening.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’ve just had a bean disaster! Time to improvise...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Scientastic posted:

https://tide.com/en-us/shop/type/stain-removers/tide-to-go

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Scientastic posted:

Usually I find that happens the day after...

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I managed to somewhat mitigate the effects of the first bean disaster.

The second bean disaster has made rather a lot of mess in my oven.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Thread. I really, really should have invited people over to help me eat this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882988

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Waci posted:

A couple kinds of beans are soaking overnight, and a few more preserved or fresh kinds are waiting to be cooked! Tomorrow is the beanening.

Here too. I completely changed my mind on side, and slightly changed my mind on dessert, but here we are.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m not going to have time to write up tonight, but I’m not eligible anyway. I should have a catalogue of the successes and catastrophic failures done by the end of Monday.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

OP updated

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

The beanocalypse was successful! I actually remembered to take photos! I'll even have time to write up a proper post before the deadline! :toot:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Due to the optical illusion, it appears as if these two food items are different colors, when in fact they are the same! Cover the gap between them with a bean of your choice to reveal the truth!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Well, that didn't go so well...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

In solidarity I made a batch of whitebeans and rice with some sliced kielbasa.

Plating is poo poo, but it was just a quick dinner after a workout. It was delicious.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
And there's a bean dessert. I should have this knocked out!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I finally managed to write a whole forums post about what I ate last weekend, just in time before the deadline :toot:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alright, it's right on the edge of the deadline, but also not a winning entry.

But I present my first ever attempt at an NICSA. Once You Go Black, You Never Go Back

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Mar 1, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I have a super loaded work schedule today and have to take out a visiting work guest to dinner as well. I'll start putting together voting stuff tomorrow morning (US EST) so if anyone puts stuff up today sometime I'll throw it in. Likewise if anyone wanted to update / edit their entries that's cool too.

I'll post up in here when it goes live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR