Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/apd-identifies-bank-robbery-suspect-who-used-e-scooter-for-getaway/1726367092

I mean...

this link tells you everything you need to know

I just picturing this kid riding off down the street, with a bag full of hundies, thinking "heh, this bank robbing stuff is easier than red dead redemption 2 made it seem!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao he used an uber scooter with his own account

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
lol no balls, just pure dumbass

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

like, where is the disconnect that he couldn't figure out the cops would be able to trace the drat scooter right back to him? aren't kids supposed to be tech savvy?

gently caress, I mean, these days, I wouldn't even HAVE my phone on me while pulling a job!

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
Kid had the right idea using a scooter. He could navigate the sidewalks and narrow alleys that the cops couldn’t follow.

They’d have to stop the squad car, pound their fist on the steering wheel and watch him shrink off into the distance.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The Bananana posted:

like, where is the disconnect that he couldn't figure out the cops would be able to trace the drat scooter right back to him? aren't kids supposed to be tech savvy?

gently caress, I mean, these days, I wouldn't even HAVE my phone on me while pulling a job!

but how will you make selfies during the robbery without your phone? :grin:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Kid had the right idea using a scooter. He could navigate the sidewalks and narrow alleys that the cops couldn’t follow.

They’d have to stop the squad car, pound their fist on the steering wheel and watch him shrink off into the distance.

That Italian Job remake is looking lame.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
I can’t stop imagining the adrenaline rush he was feeling after the bank heist as he’s scootin’ on down the street lmao

Finally all the years of training on his collapsible Razor Scooter are literally paying off.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

my God, imagine if someone had jumped on an adjacent rental scooter, and started the worlds 1st scooter chase...

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Hey, at least he can pay bail with his newly acquired funds.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
What a dumbass. A simple black bicycle would've done the job and not been traceable.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Chuds McGreedy posted:

I'd more say he's playing the odds of a fatty fat cop cause I feel it's a 50/50 chance.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fleetwood Crack posted:

What a dumbass. A simple black bicycle would've done the job and not been traceable.

bikes are gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Scooters are even gayer though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fleetwood Crack posted:

lol ya, either way this kid was doomed

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You drat kids, wasting you’re bank heist money on Uber’s. Save up for something nice.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I wonder how much he actually stole?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
He forgot to black out his face with sharpies.
Cameras can't see you then.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Bananana posted:

:10bux:

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The Bananana posted:

3000 in bait money

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Why's it gotta be a black bike Fleetwood Crack?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Scooter got a sick new paint job when all the dye packs exploded

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Sounds like a job for rent-a-cops on Segways

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
I wish he had been on one of the Segway tours that go down sixth a couple of times a week. Pretty sure those are way slower and noisier than the electric scooters.

ElectricSheep posted:

Sounds like a job for rent-a-cops on Segways

Edit: the story in the OP also sounds like a Pontiac Bandit episode of Brooklyn 99. Except the Bandit wouldnt have left anything traceable behind. Just a skooter chase.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 26, 2019

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

This kid ain't got balls, he just ignorant.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You drat kids, wasting you’re bank heist money on Uber’s. Save up for something nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZoiJM1vlfc

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

errbody saying no balls...

idk, you gotta have at least SOME balls to rob a bank in motherfucking Texas, where every-other-body with a concealed carry is itching for some vigilante justice/dream fulfillment

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I can't believe Three Olives would do such a thing. They must have upped his rent at the condo.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Not as gay as some. (Me.)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

the balls on this kids chin?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Bananana posted:

idk, you gotta have at least SOME balls to rob a bank in motherfucking Texas, where every-other-body with a concealed carry is itching for some vigilante justice/dream fulfillment

that's likely why he was able to pull it off, the teller assumed he had a gun. I don't think he actually did

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't help but remember the last major movie spacey was in before the other shoe dropped had him talking about the balls of a literal child named baby.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Bananana posted:

Or you can just be ignorant and not think that far ahead. Just like having his real account info tied to his rent-a-scooter. He's not taking in the information and making a risky calculation against the odds. He's an idiot sticking a fork in an electrical outlet.

Rutibex posted:

that's likely why he was able to pull it off, the teller assumed he had a gun. I don't think he actually did

Tellers are trained to hand over the money whether they think the threat is credible or not. It's about minimizing human casualty. Give the robber what he wants, and 9 times out of 10 they'll catch him later.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The Bananana posted:

aren't kids supposed to be tech savvy?

Nope, quite the opposite.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
gently caress this guy, not for what he did, but for the inevitable legislative response on scooters

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

hmmm...

I'm starting to think maybe he was just very stupid.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The main distinction between having balls and being very stupid is level of success.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

CharlestonJew posted:

gently caress this guy, not for what he did, but for the inevitable legislative response on scooters

If the bank had a scooter, this never would have happened.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Uber is the biggest thief in this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Chinatown posted:

Uber is the biggest thief in this story.

no no, they are fine it's just their business, you cant step on the toes of the job creators! there's too much red tape as it is!

now this kid, i hope they throw the book at him! i hate thieves! disgusting parasites!