Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Johnny Gargano is a subset of everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Let us all join together in the fraternity of humanity and acknowledge the universal truth that Kota Ibushi is better than Johnny Gargano.

:agreed:

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

johnny garbago

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I also thought the commentary was uncharacteristically awful last night??? The past few Takeovers I feel like Nigel/Mauro/Percy have really gotten a nice groove going but all of them sounded constantly flustered last night, tripped over words, and just had loooooong stretches of confused silence. Made me wonder if someone was in their ears more than usual????

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

I dunno Mauro literally said "HE'S GONNA ABSOLVE HIM OF HIS SINS" so I was fine with it

Mauro can do no wrong

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

percy said one smart thing all night and mauro steamrolled it with "great point, nigel" and moved along. or he didn't want to acknowledge percy and was trying to get nigel to talk but that's non-canon.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ThePariah posted:

I'm not mad about the spot, but it's disingenuous to say that it didn't have the same template as the Ospreay-Ibushi spot (which I've ironically seen described as an NXT-esque spot due to the camera angles and facial expressions).

Who

loving

Cares

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Okada invented dropkicks and elbows

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Ricochet stole that spot from Andre/Hogan at WM3 smdh

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Sanguinia posted:

Nice. I'm not going to axxess, going to see if I can find something else to do in Phoenix since paying like 50 bucks to get in is BS. I also might buy a belt, since I've wanted one since I was 8. Thinking about the NXT NA or IC title.

I've been thinking about a movie myself, if me and my bud end up going I'll PM you to see if we can meet up :)

I’m at the Hyatt hotel lobby for the next thirty minutes if you wanna grab lunch.

Tall motherfucker with a grey jacket and red Nikes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Okada invented dropkicks and elbows

:agreed: Also pants :swoon:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

"Why wasn't this spot without Kota as good as this spot with him?" seems like a very easily solved problem

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I also thought the commentary was uncharacteristically awful last night??? The past few Takeovers I feel like Nigel/Mauro/Percy have really gotten a nice groove going but all of them sounded constantly flustered last night, tripped over words, and just had loooooong stretches of confused silence. Made me wonder if someone was in their ears more than usual????
I swear they said "triple hhh the brainchild of nxt" but no one else in the room was still paying attention.

Also calling Black on kicking out of a finisher when it was the second time and percy pointed that out really drove it home. Maybe their positioning was bad or their monitors were hosed up or who knows, felt super off and mediocre.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just finished Takeover and once again it was extremely solid. Not earth-shattering like in the past but still excellent.

I'm glad they did what they did with Bianca, you have to eventually pay off the Undefeated story so now she can go back and keep working because she could be so good with time.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Gonz posted:

I’m at the Hyatt hotel lobby for the next thirty minutes if you wanna grab lunch.

Tall motherfucker with a grey jacket and red Nikes.

Sorry I missed you :(

Have fun at the rumble!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Just finished Takeover and once again it was extremely solid. Not earth-shattering like in the past but still excellent.

I'm glad they did what they did with Bianca, you have to eventually pay off the Undefeated story so now she can go back and keep working because she could be so good with time.

Same. And I also like how she changed it to the idea that being UN-DE-FEA-TED is just as much a mindset as it is a literal record. It makes sense and is a really good face message for people to look up to. :)

And by the way just so I'm explicitly clear I don't doubt that Ospreay and Kota did the spot, quite likely inspired it, and did it more smoothly, my point is that it was sure as poo poo awesome as hell then and it was awesome as hell last night so why quibble instead of just enjoying good wrestle things, god drat it? Woo.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
All I wanted from this show was for Matt Riddle to get kicked in the dick. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, Bianca lost but she's a bigger star after last night than she was before. That was really, really well done.

huddlahuddla
Nov 12, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
That was a fairly fun show.

The tag match was good, Riddle is going to be a huge deal in a couple of years, the Johnny/Rick O'Shea match was amazing, Bianca has absolutely wacky potential and Shayna should just straight up replace Ronda because she is much better at this poo poo, i can't bring myself to watch Alister Black in any match because he is loving boring so i just skipped that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

There's only one thing that I hate about NXT Takeovers:

They're so good that I'm going to have to get tickets to the next Chicago one and give WWE more money... :smith: