Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who is the last surprise Rumble winner who wasn't a surprise return from injury (so no Edge or Cena) that was satisfying? Maybe Rey?

Were people falling over themselves when Del Rio won?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Draxion posted:

He wanted to prove he could beat the poo poo out of the strongest guy on the roster without using his super saiyan mode, and he did (even if he lost). Now, this won't have any bearing on anything else ever again, but that was the intent at least.

this is very true

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nakamura was surprising to me, even though what happened afterwards sucked.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

shiksa posted:

i feel bad for yall who dont see the 3 ring binder labeled "roman reigns booking" getting crossed out and replaced with "seth rollins booking" because in a year you're gonna have no idea why you're suddenly super over seth rollins.

lol wwe is in a holding pattern until Roman comes back, Seth is just going to have a match (and lose) at mania

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

Nakamura was surprising to me, even though what happened afterwards sucked.

wow, nakamura happened a year ago and wwe killed him so much I didnt' even think about him

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VJeff posted:

After he quits the real estate job, he bounces through a bunch of different jobs and unemployment until he gets the NBC job, then after that falls through, he moves back in with his parents.

Then he works for the Yankees, then after they dump him, he works for the dude from Malcolm in the Middle for the rest of the series.

drat AND i forgot about him working for the jewish dentist.

i mean tbf most of my seinfeld knowledge is just osmosis from growing up with my dad but still there's a lot of gaps in my knowledge. i need to reassess some things.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dsriggs posted:

It's both cool & good that on a night Becky won the Rumble everybody's talking about Nia Jax instead.

they loving hate that they got Becky over by accident with their idiotic booking

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Before him it’s like... Benoit.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the demon mode requires finn balor to save up all his semen for 7 days in advance

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Intruder posted:

Who is the last surprise Rumble winner who wasn't a surprise return from injury (so no Edge or Cena) that was satisfying? Maybe Rey?

Were people falling over themselves when Del Rio won?

Del Rio was hot in 2011, it wasn't until he lost at WM that year where he got really stale and repetitive.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
remember the erik rowan thing hahahahha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cavauro posted:

the demon mode requires finn balor to save up all his semen for 7 days in advance

So face gently caress me Finn lady actually wants him to lose

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

drat AND i forgot about him working for the jewish dentist.

i mean tbf most of my seinfeld knowledge is just osmosis from growing up with my dad but still there's a lot of gaps in my knowledge. i need to reassess some things.

Tim Watley?

OH LMAO

No, the other dude from Malcolm in the Middle!

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Conrad_Birdie posted:

remember the erik rowan thing hahahahha

That shenanniganny finish makes sense in that the match was in the piss break spot anyhow.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Intruder posted:

wow, nakamura happened a year ago and wwe killed him so much I didnt' even think about him

man i just looked it up and randy orton won two years ago. i had completely forgotten about that. he was a "surprise" i guess because DAH NAH DAH NAH DAH NAH DUH DUH but it was like getting socks for christmas when you're 8 instead of underwear.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

VJeff posted:

Tim Watley?

OH LMAO

No, the other dude from Malcolm in the Middle!

ahahaha gently caress

oh yeah the beach photo guy

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shiksa posted:

man i just looked it up and randy orton won two years ago. i had completely forgotten about that. he was a "surprise" i guess because DAH NAH DAH NAH DAH NAH DUH DUH but it was like getting socks for christmas when you're 8 instead of underwear.

It led to the projector worms match.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Remember to be part of team namtab for mania. I’m drunk as heck and want to sleep ’ trying to resist the urge to buy the only 2019 raw and smack down uk taping would would probably goonmeet if I did

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Imagine if Candace joined Johnny on the dark side and debuted in the men’s match.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol holy poo poo Brock just tossed the belt at Vince’s face

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Becky was supposed to win the men's rumble

Makes way more loving sense than ever giving Nia a run for any reason.

She is so loving bad, and appears to be actively getting worse over time.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol holy poo poo Brock just tossed the belt at Vince’s face

Wasn't that last year

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just realized I expected 100% for EC3 to be an entrant and it didn't happen

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Intruder posted:

The thread pissing all over Seth winning has finally convinced me that this forum will never be happy about anything

Next show let's just send PMs to each other instead of posting in these threads. Well except it's hard for me to feel comfortable with long direct exchanges with people but maybe one or two PMs checking in with each other is fine.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Draxion posted:

Wasn't that last year

Yea but he legit just walks through to gorilla and tosses it in stride right at a seated Vince

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm ok with Seth winning. I just hated that the show ended so loving late

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea but he legit just walks through to gorilla and tosses it in stride right at a seated Vince

What was the story behind that? I started watching the 24 but stopped.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

wandler20 posted:

The crowd was making GBS threads hard on that match so he was probably mad.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

MotU posted:

right in past rumbles if you hung out and the next entrant came out and got in the ring before you got in the ring, you were eliminated

What rumble has this happened? I don't think this has ever happened, ever. I think it's a reason that people make up to explain instances like how Curtis Axel was eliminated even though he never got into the ring. Or like the mystery person in 1998 that never came out or had their music play.

I mean, the loopholes are what make for unpredictable poo poo.

Aphrodite posted:

The crowd was making GBS threads hard on that match so he was probably mad.

So what happened to Brock not giving a poo poo and just doing it for the money?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Intruder posted:

I just realized I expected 100% for EC3 to be an entrant and it didn't happen

Huh. Yeah, that's actually kind of weird that he wasn't there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Vince is a dumb old stubborn senile piece of poo poo.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Astro7x posted:

He cares about protecting his brand? *gags a little saying that sentence*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Must've failed his USADA testing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Still has PTSD from the Mania 20 crowd

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The last few appearances I've seen Brock looked small for Brock. But supposedly he hasn't been getting tested by USADA and he looked bigger tonight.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I think it would wear on anyone when every human being who cares about WWE saw that reaction coming literally a year in advance and yet you still have to go beat yourself up just to get poo poo on because some geriatric dipshit is incapable of getting his own way.

It’s like how even apolitical people get aggravated by our fat orange President.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think it would wear on anyone when every human being who cares about WWE saw that reaction coming literally a year in advance and yet you still have to go beat yourself up just to get poo poo on because some geriatric dipshit is incapable of getting his own way.

It’s like how even apolitical people get aggravated by our fat orange President.

Not to mention that Brock's savvy enough that he and Paul both probably told Vince that was coming way ahead of time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

Not to mention that Brock's savvy enough that he and Paul both probably told Vince that was coming way ahead of time.

Yep. I think people confuse Brock not really caring about winning or losing with some idea that he’s okay being made a gigantic fool of.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, so what happened? Brock/Balor got booed and Brock got pissed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, so what happened? Brock/Balor got booed and Brock got pissed?

No, it was from last year’s Wrestlemania. They aired a WWE 24 about last year’s WM and showed a brief clip of the backstage drama that was talked about.