Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should main event Wrestlemania?
This poll is closed.
Becky vs. Ronda 86 68.25%
Seth vs. Brock 1 0.79%
Another match (specify!) 5 3.97%
....THE BIG DOG! 34 26.98%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Chris James 2 posted:

I get why people feel this way, but this stuff doesn’t bother me that much in matches as long as a good story’s told or the action has been captivating enough, which I felt happened here
That's how I feel. A lot of men's wrestling suffers from boring rest holds.* Asuka vs Becky and Ronda vs Sasha were quick enough pace and had a lot of back and forth moments made it captivating from start to end.

AJ vs Bryan and Brock vs Finn wasn't bad by any stretch, but the fact that I and others hate part timer Brock kind of ruined that match. And AJ vs Daniel was immediately after the women's rumble + match ended in a gently caress finish.

*See all Randy Orton matches and a bunch of hoss matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Davros1 posted:

She dressed her daughter up in blackface for Halloween. The defense was "My daughter likes the character so I didn't see anything wrong with it!"

I liked the A-Team when I was a kid, but my parents never did me up in blackface just because I liked Mr. T.

Ok, googling that turned up a pretty yikes picture

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

coolest part of the men's rumble was when Aleister, Mustafa Ali, Pete Dunne, Samoa Joe, Drew McIntyre, Cien Almas, Johnny Gargano were all in the ring at once. Was a very cool picture of the future in there and I legit hope Black/Dunne get brought up to the main roster. Would love to just see those guys working constantly in a world where the loving Shield+Brock don't exist.

Lmao at hoping for anything good in a main roster call up

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Rhea should show up on Raw, gorilla press Nia to show off her strength, then just Braun the whole women's division

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

rhea ripley should have been in the men's rumble and also rhea ripley should have won the men's rumble

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean Lacey sucks and all, but her daughter was dressed as a werewolf.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I guess with regards to the men's rumble, I just don't understand the point. No big surprises in terms of entrants, aside from a few NXT guys showing up, and the guy who goes over is the guy that clearly was going to go over. Why bother? Why not give the win to a Smackdown guy and just book Seth/Brock on TV?

I also wonder what the plan is going to be WRT Elimination Chamber. Brock isn't going to defend, so Bryan is going to have to, but it's going to be disappointing if they just randomly throw a bunch of SD guys in the chamber. Raw seems much better equipped to do an elim chamber for the number 1 contendership.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

tasslex posted:

I’m confused by those saying Asuka vs. Becky was a good match. Becky is really awkward in the ring and I could see her talking to Asuka and the Ref every time she was down, it was distracting in a bad way. Maybe I need to watch more certified great matches with her to get a handle on her being good in ring.
I think Becky's only "mechanical" problem is her leg-based offense. Top-rope dropkicks, leg lariats, legdrops, even baseball slides for whatever reason always look awkward. She should ditch all that IMO cuz everything else is great.

It's not like a Chavo/Tamina situation where a famous relative is known for those moves either, so I'm not sure why she keeps doing them.

a new study bible! posted:

I guess with regards to the men's rumble, I just don't understand the point. No big surprises in terms of entrants, aside from a few NXT guys showing up, and the guy who goes over is the guy that clearly was going to go over. Why bother? Why not give the win to a Smackdown guy and just book Seth/Brock on TV?
I feel like Seth was only "obvious" to someone reading the internet tbh. Though I haven't been watching full Raw episodes so maybe it was telegraphed more than I realized.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 28, 2019

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I personally like Lacey's gimmick as a heel gimmick and tbh it isn't on her that a bunch of chuds take it at face value, but that costume was poor judgement

That said, I don't think it was malicious, just poor judgement, she wasn't Larsing it up or anything

And yeah she's ridiculously green and putting her up against Nattie did her no favors

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aphrodite posted:

I mean Lacey sucks and all, but her daughter was dressed as a werewolf.

this excuse only works if she's also incredibly stupid. Which since she went through with the idea and then posted it to instagram she probably is

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Where's the news/update for today stating that Tamina Snuka's corpse injured itself again by being in the Rumble

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I also wonder what the plan is going to be WRT Elimination Chamber. Brock isn't going to defend, so Bryan is going to have to, but it's going to be disappointing if they just randomly throw a bunch of SD guys in the chamber. Raw seems much better equipped to do an elim chamber for the number 1 contendership.

Being a rumble winner adds heft to Seth's career, and I think he deserves it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope smackdown does get the men's chamber because Ali will be in it and he will do a flip off a pod and i will clap

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mustafa Ali owns and I'm glad that his being muslim and having that name (yes I know it's not his real name) didn't shoehorn him into a very unfortunate gimmick like it would have a decade ago

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mustafa Ali was the real Iron Man last night don't @ me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minidust posted:

I think Becky's only "mechanical" problem is her leg-based offense. Top-rope dropkicks, leg lariats, legdrops, even baseball slides for whatever reason always look awkward. She should ditch all that IMO cuz everything else is great.

Becky's missile dropkick is great, it looks like gravity is hitting her twice as hard

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
Maybe EC will have both Smackdown & Raw superstars? 3 Raw and 3 Smackdown. Smackdown gets Samoa Joe, Shinsuke, and Rusev. Raw gets Braun Strowman, Finn Balor, and Drew McIntyre.

edit: Maybe replace Shinsuke with Mustafa since he's been on fire lately, although ultimately he'd probably get US title first.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Finn shoulda won

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It just seems like Raw, by virtue of being a clusterfuck, is in a better place to do EC in two weeks. Any Bryan defense in the chamber seems like it's going to be rushed and sloppy. Maybe they just don't defend a big belt in the chamber...

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
The biggest problem with a full EC raw roster is that you know Dolph Ziggler will be in it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Finn shoulda won

I don't get how they wink-nod at Brock's diverticulitis and have Finn repeatedly drive his gut into the table, Cole talk about Brock seeming to have an internal injury, etc etc, then have Finn deliver his finisher which is literally a stomp to the gut and have Brock no-sell it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can't see any reason they would set up Lashley-Rollins if Rollins was going to challenge the guy who is actually on TV every week.

It's probably going to be an EC with Mysterio, Almas, Ali, Joe, Orton and Nakamura. Based on recent bookings and eliminations, it would make sense. Also, that 6 in the EC would own 1,000x more than anything Raw could put together.

It just seems like Raw, by virtue of being a clusterfuck, is in a better place to do EC in two weeks. Any Bryan defense in the chamber seems like it's going to be rushed and sloppy. Maybe they just don't defend a big belt in the chamber...

It's most likely going to be 2 chambers. One for the women's tag belts and the other to determine the challenger for the title Rollins doesn't pick.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jan 28, 2019

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

w/r/t decrying the entire AJ/DBry feud's matches, their match at TLC was loving excellent. Might be my favorite AJ match since he got to WWE, though admittedly it took a couple viewings for everything to totally click for me.

Last night's was, y'know, not that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The whole card is going to be nothing but Elimination Chambers!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1089903319500255232

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if they will put Erick Rowan in the chamber to compete to face Bryan with the understanding that when he wins he will lay down for Bryan at Mania

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wrestling is insane, this image looks like it takes place seconds before Kidman's death

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

You know he will be a good agent because he had the SSP scouted

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Intruder posted:

I don't get how they wink-nod at Brock's diverticulitis and have Finn repeatedly drive his gut into the table, Cole talk about Brock seeming to have an internal injury, etc etc, then have Finn deliver his finisher which is literally a stomp to the gut and have Brock no-sell it

He didn't no-sell it. He kicked out, then immediately locked on his submission, which was literally the only way he wasn't going to lose that match. Then after Finn tapped, he was still hurt and he was so pissed off about how the match went that he beat the poo poo out of him for like five extra minutes. He, in fact, sold the gently caress out of it, not just physically, but emotionally.

Finn/Brock was basically perfect as long as it's setting up for Finn/Brock 2 at Mania. If Rollins challenges Bryan, then hey, wow, look at that, your top two men's matches at Mania are set and they're both loving superb. If Rollins challenges Brock, then BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. Like, I'm sure it'll be a good match, but still. Bluh.

I figured out why I've largely been pretty lukewarm on Becky and why I didn't really feel anything from her winning last night (besides the "ow my leg" spot making it super telegraphed. Why they decided to telegraph the gently caress out of BOTH Rumble winners last night, I'll never know). Because last night also had a match where Sasha Banks looked like a loving badass and wrenched the poo poo out of Ronda Rousey and I really, really, really, really, really, really, really think that Sasha Banks should be the one getting Becky Lynch's push and be the one main eventing Wrestlemania. Becky Lynch's character about how she's held down by management but she's unambiguously the best wrestler, male or female, on the roster is actually Sasha Banks and the contrast between the two women's championship matches last night made that super clear to me.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Intruder posted:

the kimura is literally Brock's desperation move, he never bothers with it unless he's in real trouble in a match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VJeff posted:

He didn't no-sell it. He kicked out, then immediately locked on his submission, which was literally the only way he wasn't going to lose that match. Then after Finn tapped, he was still hurt and he was so pissed off about how the match went that he beat the poo poo out of him for like five extra minutes. He, in fact, sold the gently caress out of it, not just physically, but emotionally.

Finn/Brock was basically perfect as long as it's setting up for Finn/Brock 2 at Mania. If Rollins challenges Bryan, then hey, wow, look at that, your top two men's matches at Mania are set and they're both loving superb. If Rollins challenges Brock, then BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. Like, I'm sure it'll be a good match, but still. Bluh.

I figured out why I've largely been pretty lukewarm on Becky and why I didn't really feel anything from her winning last night (besides the "ow my leg" spot making it super telegraphed. Why they decided to telegraph the gently caress out of BOTH Rumble winners last night, I'll never know). Because last night also had a match where Sasha Banks looked like a loving badass and wrenched the poo poo out of Ronda Rousey and I really, really, really, really, really, really, really think that Sasha Banks should be the one getting Becky Lynch's push and be the one main eventing Wrestlemania. Becky Lynch's character about how she's held down by management but she's unambiguously the best wrestler, male or female, on the roster is actually Sasha Banks and the contrast between the two women's championship matches last night made that super clear to me.

because it's WWE, I'm going to guess Balor gets a big win over someone at EC and then gets murdered at Fastlane to make Brock look strong before Mania.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if they drag out Bryan vs AJ all the way to Wrestlemania.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I don't know, they're building a big five way feud with Andrade/Rey/Ali/Joe/Orton, and then you can put in AJ or Big E or whatever. Seems fine to me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ahahahah he did actually throw the belt.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

VJeff posted:

ahahahah he did actually throw the belt.

lmao naito wishes he was this tranquilo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

Management hosed over both of them and yet only one of the two ended up as the most popular wrestler in the company.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

Yeah, it really came off as Brock going "I have to lock in the kimura and really hope he can't reach the ropes, because Finn can just do that move again and I'll lose," not any sort of shrugging off Finn's best. I think Brock only getting his best offense in after winning is important there, because it means he couldn't manage it while Finn still had functional arms.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not going to push Sasha because all she does is complain on Twitter.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Sasha is great though and I'm always a little annoyed that people let her booking fog that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

VJeff posted:

Ok, fair enough, I hadn't thought of it that way