Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

The man was stunningly well dressed. He had a smart looking jacket, and a really neat looking cape, the lining of which was shimmering and sparkling in more than Oriental splendour, which is a great deal of splendour indeed, just ask Kipling.

Yeah go Crows IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

The man was stunningly well dressed. He had a smart looking jacket, and a really neat looking cape, the lining of which was shimmering and sparkling in more than Oriental splendour, which is a great deal of splendour indeed, just ask Kipling.

drunkill posted:

Differences/rules reminder for aflw:
  • 16 a side on field instead of 18.

• New rule: last touch out of bounds rule but only between the two 50m arc results in a free kick instead of a throw in.

• New rule: Throw ins are 10m in from the boundary to cut down on secondary stoppages and congestion along the boundary line.

• Runners and water carriers are still allowed on the ground during play due to heat and the women needing extra instructions at this time. Both to be banned from the men's competition this year.

I kinda think the 16 a side might be the actual solution to congestion that people have been trying to find by making the men's teams have fewer subs so they get more tired, will be interesting to see how it works out here. Not wild on the last touch out of bounds rule, but I'm glad it's not inside 50, so defenders can still spoil. I kinda like moving the throw-ins in a bit. I'm glad runners are gonna be gone from the men's comp.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Doesn't look like they're playing last touch out of bound tbh

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

It's on FTA here

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Two Pies players just took each other out, one stayed down and is now being stretchered off. This is not great.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Crows are going to want to start kicking it straight.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Welp. Kicking like that probably deserves a loss.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

drunkill posted:

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1093677630908391424?s=19

Last years #1 Isabell Huntington also did her ACL and missed most of the 2018 season, she still hasn't returned for this season just yet either. Last years #3 did her foot and will miss all of this season ontop of Nina Morrison only getting to play 1 game this season before an ACL.

It isn't great for the competition.

Ugh what

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Positioning themselves to make a mobile game, I see.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Conferences are a garbage idea.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Weve already missed out on finals by percentage both years, Im looking forward to us missing out despite finishing a game clear of the team that does make it in tbh

I hope that multiple teams miss out because of conferences and that this makes them realise that conferences are bad, and they scrap them.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Schlesische posted:

They make some sense in the NHL and NBA where:

I dunno anything about NHL but I've thought the way they were implemented in the NBA was garbage for a while.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Congrats

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

I just looked at the ladder, and every single team in one of the conferences has at least two wins, whereas not one single team in the other conference does. Conferences are a joke. I hope the ladder stays more or less as is, highlight what a joke conferences are, and they get removed.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Interested to see if anyone can come even close to North.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Hope ferris.pete gets banned from whatever stadium is his home one

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Huh they took a while on that one ey

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Huh, for some reason I got the impression that the premiership this year was North's to lose. Happy to be incorrect.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

I think Titus has his moments and one of his biggest moments is all the moments of not being Sam Newman.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

I'm glad they're getting rid of runners, now they just need to cut away the bounce and father son rule.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

A runner killed my pa.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Fatiguing players to stop flooding is dumb, they won't stop flooding they'll just prioritise fitness over skills when recruiting players.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Hmmm, go Bulldogs I guess, to make it easier for Adelaide to make the top two.

EDIT: also so that every single team in one conference has a record as good or better than every team in the other conference.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

That was a fun match to watch imo. Wanted Doggies to win, but it's kinda fun having four teams still in the running.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Erin Phillips is the greatest Aussie Rules player ever change my mind

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Woo go Crows, our percentage is good enough that we might even make it if we lose next week (but let's not do that anyway)

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

cmndstab posted:

He wasn't sure about AFLW to start with in 2017 but he's become a big fan of Randall and Phillips. Obvious choices but the correct choices too.

Eb Marinoff and Stevie-Lee are p. great too. And Tex.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

tldr if the Crows beat Melbourne this weekend, the AFL is thinking about playing their AFLW prelim after the AFL Crows season opener at Adelaide Oval

That would be both cool and good IMO. And then play the GF there as well.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

That's not good

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

I couldn't care less what time of day the GF is played.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

With the Giants successfully giving Geelong a touch up, the Bulldogs are now in prime position to ensure that every single team in conference B has a worse record than every single team in conference A. It will take some percentage boosting to get that bit of it, but I hope they do it, because that would be hilarious.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

If Carlton get flogged really badly, they could get knocked out of the finals.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

This is weird because at the start of the season I thought everyone was playing for 2nd place behind the Roos.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Go Freo, go Crows. Mostly go Crows, but given the trash fire conference B has been, I'd rather they not make the grand final at all.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

I am guessing he won't be paying for his own beer for the rest of the season.

EDIT: also I hope he presses charges for assault

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Eggboy has apparently just been granted lifetime free access to Hilltop Hoods shows.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

monolithburger posted:

Tropical gently caress Storm too.

...and now pretty much every Australian band.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Bulldogs let us all down by allowing two conference B teams to finish with more points than a conference A team.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

What a dumb and bad decision by the AFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

Which term, 'clinical anxiety'? Because that's definitely a real thing that affects people FYI.