Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

quote:

They still have had Jimmy Toumpas on their list.

Toumpas was finally delisted at the end of last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Was this new? Or is the thing from months ago that's finally being acknowledged publicly by the media?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

NTRabbit posted:

The AFL, displaying their incompetence again? It's unthinkable

https://twitter.com/PeopleAflw/status/1094525719202263040

Why does that ladder have points and wins columns swapped?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Victorians are weird.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

snaeksikn posted:

Look at it the positives, after both co-captains requested a trade away from the club in the same year, surely you guys can't get any worse!

Well Izak Rankine has already done a hamstring, a great injury for a young speedster to pickup early in their career. Just need Lukosius to do a shoulder or something similar now.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z8KM70pg0o

It's the day where we honour and remember them once again.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 24, 2019

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Lowest offers win the licenses?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Apparently 400 Chinese on buses were taken to the wrong stadium and still hadn't arrived by the 3rd quarter.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
In the SANFL tomorrow, the Crows have picked J Butts to play CHB on Port's B Woodcock.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

snaeksikn posted:

Weird how in order to make way for Jamie Cripps the Eagles dropped Cameron, who is good, instead of Jake Waterman, who is crap

Probably giving him a rest before finals.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

:psyboom:

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Reminds me of this story a few months ago on Greg Phillips

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/afl/sanfl-legend-greg-phillips-says-he-would-not-trade-his-daughters-for-the-world/ar-BBVyxYc

quote:

Greg played 343 games for the Magpies in the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) — including eight premierships — and another 84 games for Collingwood in the Victorian Football League.

He had three daughters but no sons.

"Many, many times people used to say to me 'which one of them did you want me to trade in?'" he told ABC News.

"Everyone loved Port Adelaide and they wanted players to have sons.

"I used to cop that a lot, but I wouldn't trade them for the world."

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

teacup posted:

Just a reminder of how good it felt to watch Adelaide collapse in that game, and tex walker to give that wet fart of a speech after the game.

Let’s go tigers tonight, hope we book a spot in the 4. Of course the MCG advantage will be claimed if we win, but since no one mentioned that before 2017 I’ll just write it off as the whinging it is.

Tex's speech wouldn't have been much better even if the Crows had won.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It was still a pretty stupid move - he was conceding a corner when he could've easily turned and just conceded a throw-in instead. Must have panicked.

When facing your own goal, conceding a corner is the standard move.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

drunkill posted:

ah yes, I remember growing up watching Teddy Whitten playing our glorious game of AFLX.

EJX Whitten, more like.

Fevola got fat, wanganeen looks like he could still play a few seasons of proper footy. He's 47, but looks 35.

Wanganeen played a game of country footy a month ago or so.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

cmndstab posted:

In other news, Richmond's AFLW recruiting manager Lauren Tesoriero selected herself with their final pick today, hahaha.

That could have been awkward if another team picked her first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Not to rain on your parade, but there are many medical studies that show ACL injuries are significantly more likely to happen to women.