Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah easier premiership for almost a century

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Richmond's 1.7 is the lowest score in a grand final

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

drunkill posted:

well that game was a wet fart

time to ignore football until trade period because it'll just be a Richmond circle jerk

Yeah but the Saints will clean up, yeahjjjjj

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

They really should have had a picture in picture camera on Toby Greene throughout the whole of the presentations imo

I was loving bored otherwise

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Nah just unfuck Collingwood.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

The Deadly Hume posted:

I imagine this was what '14 and '15 was like for everyone else.

Yeah pretty much. Much disappointment very early.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

thepokey posted:

That caps off probably my least favourite season of footy ever, and that includes the ASADA years. Very ready to put it to bed.

Canberra are in the NRL granny so at least I have investment for another week

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

boy undead posted:

bold opinion: that was poo poo

Calcified prehistoric gently caress poo poo of the dumbest gently caress. Thank Toby.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

MysticalMachineGun posted:

C'arn the Raiders

That last try they scored was loving awesome, up the Green Machine!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
[quote="The Deadly Hume" post="498674907"]
/quote]

Yeah but Richmond twice, the worst timeline.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

Somehow this isn't the worst scoreline in a GF. (lol Port)

At least that match had one entertaining quarter.

The first quarter was hardly entertaining

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

If the game was a minute longer the cats probably would have won

i.e 2010 gf

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
How bad is footy though, I'm glad it's over.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

You Am I posted:

drat, Tim Kelly wants to go back to WA :(

Can't even do us the courtesy of choosing Freo to make the Steven/Hill trades cleaner. smh

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
This is what supporting St. Kilda does to the mind.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

cmndstab posted:

Speaking of Saints, they did a pick swap with GWS.

Saints get picks 12 and 18
GWS get picks 6 and 59

I'd like to assume St. Kilda had a well-informed strategy in mind when doing this, particularly where Brad Hill and Freo are concerned, but I really have no idea.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Spedman posted:

Apparently Bell wanted pick 6 and a future first, I’m guessing the saints said “NOPE”, with them wanting King next year. Hill to be back in purple in 2020.

Apparently the meeting only lasted another 2 minutes after Freo declared that. Good call.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I hope he kicks another goal of the year :allears:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NPR Journalizard posted:

Doesnt the AFL jump in when there is trade that so out of balance?

When it's not Hawthorn, yes.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Saints get Ryder, Howard, and pick 10 for pick 12, 18 and Future Round 3 :getin:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

gay picnic defence posted:

And did they just get Hill for 10 and a future second round pick, after Freo rejected 6 and a future second round pick?

We've thrown in Blake Acres, apparently, which I'm really not thrilled about. Reckon he'll thrive if they give him a chance in the middle for Freo.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

realbez posted:

The media seems pretty certain that the saints are going to let Steven go for pick 58

No one dare disagree with that, lest you be accused of not being sympathetic to Steven's situation.

On an unrelated note, Geelong currently hold picks 14, 17, 24, 36, 37 (and 93).

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I'm tipping the Saints to be trading up their Uber home, they just can't stop.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Can't ping a hammy if you can't run.

(But you can weaken it through a period of inaction :eng99:)

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I'm gonna start calling them portpower from now on :colbert:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Portello Power

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

The Return of the Son of Electric Dracula

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

The 23-year-old told Triple M in May just how hard it had been dealing with the concussion symptoms.

“It’s been a tough few months. I haven’t really done a whole heap, I haven’t been doing a lot of anything, really, and that’s probably been the hardest part,” McCartin said.

“I’ve sort of lost my footy identity a little bit, but then also my identity as a person as well."

“I can’t do stuff - I can’t go to the supermarket when it’s busy or go to a cafe with my girlfriend, or drive my car."

McCartin’s most recent concussion, which he suffered against the Western Bulldogs during the JLT Community Series, has left him battling light sensitivity, “really bad” headaches which then cause sleep deprivation, dizzy spells and bouts of depression.

The real concern isn’t just that McCartin is battling those issues, but that they aren’t going away like they have after previous concussions.

“I’m a shell of a person that I was, really. I’m completely different,” he said.

“It’s gone from one day when I was playing, to within 10 seconds being different. I just can’t do basic things.

“I have real light sensitivity, and I get really bad headaches. They’re common symptoms with concussion but generally they wear off by now, so it’s lasting a bit longer than usual.

“People say that I’ve had a few but I’ve never had anything like this really, I’ve usually been back within a week or two of them.”

“I’m on a bit of medication (melatonin) because I’ve found it difficult to sleep ... because of the headaches. I’d wake up in a pool of sweat most nights.”

If there aren't multiple people telling him to never ever play footy again, something is seriously wrong.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Fox axed Neroli Meadows as a cost cutting measure, I expect they'll replace her with noted media performer <recently retired player>

Brad Johnson's reign of terror continues unabated.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Nathan Burke played in the last AFL game at Moorabin, and now will coach in the first AFLW game there (albeit for the Western Bulldogs)

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Footy media is not a meritocracy, to its detriment.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
From memory, I think St Kilda have the most 9th placed finishes in recent times.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Replace AFLX with Supersoldier Buddy vs. Mecha Lockett, please.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Robodog posted:

Mal Michael wasn't that dirty as full backs go was he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5d8qE-BbFg&t=187s

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Spedman posted:

Bundaberg ginger beer with lemon myrtle is pretty good.

https://www.bundaberg.com/brew/ginger-beer-lemon-myrtle/

Oof, I need to get some lemon myrtle growing next year. It's has a better lemon flavour than actual lemons!

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
80,000 at the 'G on the first day of the test. I wonder how many seats they tore out for the wanky bar in M13.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

quote:

Unsurprisingly, Jones’ parents were rapt when they found their son would be calling the No. 3 guernsey his own in 2020.

“I rang up my folks and one of the first things they said was, ‘oh, you know Nathan Burke wore the No. 3’,” Jones told saints.com.au.

“‘You know we named your brother after him’.”

Today I learned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
John Nicholls is not going to be pleased about this.