Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I still hate Richmond’s new “yellow” stripe that looks like green poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
AFLX teams will nominate a “Gatorade game changer” whose scores count for double in the last five minutes.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

It’s real and it’s Xtreme
https://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-04/aflx-game-changer-get-ready-for-20point-supergoals

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I think there are a few practice matches but no competition.

Which would be ideal if they scrapped X as well.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Each team should also have a sleeper cell on the opposing team who activates at the same time.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question:

When this version of AFLX dies on it's arse, (poor ratings, poor turnout, players bad mouthing it, clubs disrepecting it etc.), what are they going to do to "jazz it up" next year?
Two more Xs.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

what did they do

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

The AFL is introducing interchange emoji boards for coaches to communicate with players from the sideline
it is again hard to tell if this is real

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The office across from my new work has a No Hawkers sign with Or Pies scrawled in. Very good.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

They removed him right after the suppression order was lifted.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Well, at least there’s some good folk there who suggested it in ‘17 and went through with it the moment they had legal validation. It’s not ideal, I admit.

Bolt goes for Richmond so at least there’s that.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

thepokey posted:

Also, strip Richmond of the 2017 flag
PELL INNOCENT !!!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

thepokey posted:

Closer now. If only we had 10 point super goals or a Gatorade Game Changer out there
You had a Gatorade Game Changer. It cost you finals and a Brownlow.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I saw Lehmo perform at a comedy night recently. It’s a step sideways for The Footy Show.

Titus is great I just wanna add.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I read his blog and like the personality he injects into the teams and also the ‘character’ Titus who’s an asocial drunk.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I’m pumped for football!!!!!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

who are the worst online fans though

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Not sure what your point is. They would’ve lost most pre-2013 games with or without him.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Same. It looks flouro green almost, and reminds me of piss.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

realbez posted:

Rance ACL confirmed. That’s a bad start to the year drat
Particularly when just got the Lynch-Riewoldt power forward up and running.

At least this thread this year will be free of slander of Good Alex.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

If the lions aren’t your second team this year you’re a dickhead imo
Was gonna post this.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Commentator, I think “dream start” is a dramatic description of just beating GC at home.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

drunkill posted:

Essendon play 2 thursday and 4 friday night games, plus other marquee events.
So Essendon fans have inherited Richmond fans’ delusion and Essendon is also Carlton now.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Yep, that’s a statistical error the Dons ran 420km!!!!!!!!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

lol Gerard Whateley said the moment of the 2018 season was Collingwood beating up Richmond in the prelim, and not say sheed slotting a drop punt from deep in the pocket with a minute to play?
Tigers bias here but iirc it had been a very predictable, boring finals up til that game and it was a shellshock.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

A highly liked comment on the Richmond Facebook page: “0-5 incoming”

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

St Kilda........less bad?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I really dislike the recorded performance of the Eagles’ song.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

hahaha I just noticed tonight is 17th vs 18th

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

As a non-Melbourne supporter I'll be legitimately bothered if their success last year was just a flash in the pan :(

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The footy gods are really smashing Richmond after their lucky injury streak.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Chairchucker posted:

I'm more responding to sentiments like 'everyone should have Brisbane as their second team' and 'Brisbane are the only good thing about this year.'
Because they've sucked for a long time and it's good to see them do well. And besides I guess few people have any particular hatred for them like they would Collingwood, Richmond etc.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

afl.com.au is a pile of piss. All live scores on the homepage display as 0.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

The Bounce at least doesn’t have the boys club vibe of most TV/radio footy talk and Dunstall’s rants are funny.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

realbez posted:

Please loving ban the after goal noises. St Kilda are doing player karaoke now Jesus Christ
I love the Tiger roar but

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

just saw the half time score loving WHAT

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

monolithburger posted:

I don't know who is good anymore.
Collingwood!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

monolithburger posted:

AFL 2019 - ~LEtS gEt WhAcKY~
I hold to the theory that Richmond 2017 pierced through the Veil of Reality and into the world came Chaos.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Hahaha the solemn remarks about the Anzac ceremony to techno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

haha holy poo poo, those are both amazing