Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Looking forward to someone finally having enough of his cheap sniping and face kicking bullshit and running through Toby Greene so hard he completes a mid air 540 and wakes up in Jacobean Scotland

Also go Crows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Don't mind me, just doing some light reading

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

They’re going to clean up having the top two picks in the draft!

St Kilda still has their pick though :thunk:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Just a reminder that Adelaide have Carlton’s 1st round draft pick this year

Is there an U18 prospectus available? Just for some light reading

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Feb 1, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Going to the season opener at Norwood tomorrow night, getting hyped :woop:

https://twitter.com/CrowsAFLW/status/1091284477718876161

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 1, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Opportunistic football, I like that.

Azza Bamboo posted:

It's a good sport to watch and I'm hopeful that my chosen team have something more to them than being my favourite animal. Is there anything I need to know about the Swans?

The Swans have been perennial finalists for a long time, seemingly defying the notion that an aging team needs to have a few bad years to rebuild through the draft, largely through astute (and sometimes scandalous) recruiting from other teams. 2018 may have been the closest they'll get to a down year, as they underwent some generational change through the midfield, and put minutes into potentially good young players, while still making the finals.

They have one of the best and most exciting players in the league in Buddy Franklin, an indigenous key forward who shares a lot of attributes with LeBron James - he's big, strong, uncommonly fast and athletic for his size, gifted with talent most dream about, and routinely performs plays, clutch or otherwise, that make the price of entry worthwhile.

Sydney pushes a culture of everyone buying in, and is more successful than most at doing it, however they also have a touch of the Patriots and Belichick about them, as they're usually the culprit when a team is caught by fans or media bending the rules well beyond the acceptable.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 1, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Where can I find the teams? My mate's sister might be captaining Geelong tonight and I'm dead keen to find out

https://womens.afl/news/15786/teams-injury-hit-docker-finally-locked-in-for-debut

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't think I can overstate this enough, but Erin Phillips is 100% muscle

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

First free kick of the game an absolute shocker, umpire was blindsided, guessed, and got it incredibly wrong

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Run and handpass game is looking good this year

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Awful miss straight in front from Jones punished twice over by Brennan at the other end

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lmao there's an auskick game in front of me, all really young kids like 5 or 6, all two hands and no kick uncoordinated, except for one little boy who is running around everyone with poise and making these deft, sliding, sideways chip kicks like he's Stevie Johnson

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Yeah, doggies had some big players out, not sure what the crows excuse will be... they were both playing in the heat too.

We had more players missing than the Dogs, but mainly we lost because Eloise Jones butchered two of the easiest goals you'll ever get, on top of some poor decision making and too many turnovers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

That seems to be Chloe Scheer's role. She took a couple of nice marks and converted one of them, but unfortunately butchered the second. I do like her though, she's one of the very few players in the Crows side who seems to be a quality kick.

The second wasn't really a butcher, it was a tough shot from deep in the pocket that just drifted across the face. Eloise Jones shanked a poster from straight out in front, then kicked a point under no pressure in the pocket when she had a team mate unmarked in the goal square with no Bulldog in the same postcode. I was right down the line of all three, standing in the pocket at the grandstand end.

Ailish Considine was a surprisingly good long kick, but she handpasses like someone from Ireland. Likes the rough stuff too, good pick up.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Azza Bamboo posted:

Eloise Jones had the mark, she could have taken a few steps back and gone for a much easier shot at the goal but instead played on.

While I ended up on the right side of this tip, I do think the Crows looked like the stronger team here. It just happened that the Crows didn't seem to have a strong forward excepting Sheer, which plays well into the Dogs phenomenal back two lines this match.

Previously our two best forwards have been Erin Phillips, and Sarah Perkins. Phillips is so drat good you need her everywhere, so played a lot of midfield; Perkins missed because she's still coming back from injury. On top of that our next two best forwards have been Ruth Wallace, who is missing this season for personal reasons, and Jenna McCormick, who seemed to be playing midfield and defence. It was a makeshift forward line, really.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

You need to put a first name in front of this because I nearly had a loving heart attack jfc

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Who let the two best Rorys get involved in this nonsense :argh:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Liberal National Government instead of Federal Government, lots of heaped praise and Daniel Andrews Government instead of State or even Labor.

Pretty dangerous ground, taking your sports team into partisan political territory

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Perkins just did a chest bump to celebrate a goal and sent Hatchard flying to the turf

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shaun Burgoyne's youngest daughter just confirmed in the post game interview that Auntie Erin is the better player :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Apparently they played the old 'Camry' version of the Crows song after the win at Ikon today, as though nobody had updated the library there since 2003

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 10, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The AFL, displaying their incompetence again? It's unthinkable

https://twitter.com/PeopleAflw/status/1094525719202263040

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

https://twitter.com/CrowsAFLW/status/1094505647893172224

Crows have a new back of guernsey sponsor in Optus, first time ever it hasn't been Toyota. Toyota still extended as the major partner though.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

Played / points

Yeah but on a normal ladder from left to right it would be P W [L D PF PA] % Points.

I just checked, and for some reason the AFL site now has the ladder with this backwards-rear end arrangement as well

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 11, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

Maybe the AFLW would get some more attention from AFL house if they were French and there to look after the executive children

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

CONGRATULATIONS!

You are one of the lucky members to be selected to form our Guard of Honour this weekend for our Round 3 match against Geelong!

ROUND 3 - ADELAIDE CROWS VS GEELONG
SUNDAY 17TH FEBRUARY

2:05PM NORWOOD OVAL

:ducksiren:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Perkins just killed someone, and then got robbed of a goal by a bad free kick call

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide are 2-1 with 141% and they're going to miss out on the finals by 2 places because of this trash fire conference system

If you stack the two conferences together the only reason it isn't just the order on the screen is because Carlton at the top of B have 0.2% better percentage than the Bulldogs at the bottom of A

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Nutsngum posted:

But the AFLW actually means something to some people.

Hey now, that extra $50k, invested wisely, could be the difference that lets Patrick Dangerfield fund his run as the LNP candidate for Corangamite 5 years after he's retired.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Periphery posted:

Apparently the Hawks new training facility at Dingley is going to cost $135m. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-18/hawks-set-to-unveil-grand-plan-for-new-dingley-fortress

Running a double loyalty points campaign for their pokies ought to make short work of that

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Was expecting that for Scheer

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

I get the penalty for sling tackles since they can be dangerous, but drat, there's always such a fine line between a textbook tackle and one that just goes a bit too far :( The Crows will miss Scheer bigtime next week.

Somehow I don't even remember the Tayla Harris incident with Randall. What happened there?

Having made the exact same mistake, I can confirm for you that Tayla Harris remains a Carlton player, and hit Giants player Pepa Randall

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Haha, go figure. I was thinking to myself, I don't even remember her getting a touch, or even being in the match at all!

She's so deep in Chelsea's pocket she goes to all our games, not just the Carlton ones

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Nutsngum posted:

What exactly is confusing about that? Our season last year was poo poo but brought on by a bunch of reasons of which many have been rectified. Have you actually looked at Carltons list?

Carlton is a season ending injury to Cripps away from finishing with negative points

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

I find it really hard to understand the CD ladder rankings. They're based on statistics, not potential or anything like that, right? So surely the teams that have performed the best (say, for instance, the reigning premiers) would have the best stats and be rated higher? Or, if not, it demonstrates that CD are weighing up their stats incorrectly?

It's not the team stats, it's the individual player stats, and then the teams players are added together to get one number. Since AFL squads are too big to pull a Golden State Warriors, it means the highest rated squads probably have more middle ranked players than everyone else.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 20, 2019

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A bunch of AFLW players liking this one

https://twitter.com/TitusOReily/status/1098835235590922241

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

snaeksikn posted:

I think by next year AFLW will average higher crowds than the NRL

How much of that is growth, and how much of that is death, is debatable

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Bulldogs premiership hangover is real

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Crows firing a shot across the rest of the competition :getin:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Huh they took a while on that one ey

Probably got legal advice to wait for the suppression order to be lifted first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ADELAIDE'S Danielle Ponter and Collingwood's Sarah Dargan are the round four NAB AFL Women's Rising Star nominees.