Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I have mixed feelings about this AFLW season. Obviously I want us to win, but it would also be pretty rough on Daisy for us to miss out on the grand final by percentage two years running and then do it when she's having Daisy Junior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum posted:

Does it crush your soul that Melbourne has been denied the opportunity to add another glorious ALFX trophy to the premiership trophy cabinet?

Nope because to me it means we are still reigning premiers

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Good write up, only qualm is you mixed up our finals, it was the one against Geelong that we went 5-0 in the first and basically stayed at that distance, hawthorn was more of a grind with help from their inaccuracy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1091216702296055808
cool.

nice and great, awesome.

Real glad we picked him up. So now we need replacements for both Docherty and for Bugg, nearing the end of pre-season.
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/1091218813062864896

If only there had been some warning signs that he’s a dickhead prior to you picking him up

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Just a reminder that Adelaide have Carlton’s 1st round draft pick this year

They’re going to clean up having the top two picks in the draft!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

The Crows women seem to have an abundance of players who are good at getting to the ball but have absolutely no disposal skills. All they're good at is winning it and blindly bustling it forward, regardless of whether a teammate is there to receive it or not.

Cant wait for the salt when they all collectively go back to moggs creek

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Erin has a kid on the way. Does that affect her ability to play at this early stage? I know very little about this.

I had assumed her partner was carrying again like with the twins. I don’t know that you could play a full contact sport at any stage of pregnancy tbh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Love both our teams ability to leak goals in time on, it's just great.

Also both teams are going to be dead at the end of this game.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s bizarre to me that they don’t have an extended bench when it’s 39 degrees

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

50m penalties in women's AFL are some kind of bullshit

Hey there be fair it’s not like they’ve had 2 seasons of AFL plus multiple women’s exhibition matches plus the entirety of the state leagues to work this out.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

This is hosed and bad and bullshit

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snoremac posted:

AFLX teams will nominate a “Gatorade game changer” whose scores count for double in the last five minutes.

There is zero way to tell if you are being serious or not, and who could possibly care enough to look up which is true.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Oh good, our most important KPP at either end have been selected for the idiot league

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Diet Crack posted:

If Gaff is playing in this, can he punch someone in the mouth again and not increase his existing suspension because this isn't official competition?

Is Toby Greene playing?

Nup, any suspensions incurred in AFLX are served in the actual football season

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

harperdc posted:

In a wholly stupid situation, if this is true, it becomes the absolute dumbest thing.

Can’t have your All-Star game cake and make it count, too.

No, this is pretty much the only sensible thing about the whole of AFLX. If you break someone’s face in AFLX you should be serving a proper suspension.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

harperdc posted:

AFLX with players being selected by team captains and at the end of a pre-season shouldn’t ever be taken that seriously. There’s a reason there aren’t major injuries in the NFL’s all-star game, and it’s because the players know it’s for fun.

Which makes it even worse if some lunatic breaks someone’s face while everyone else is having a laugh (and getting paid more than aflw players)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

BrigadierSensible posted:

If you are playing AFLX so angrily that you punch someone, or even if you care so much as to put in a tackle high, hard, and/or dangerous enough to injure someone, then for sure you deserve to lose regular season games.

But to do that you would have to be so dumb, and so much inflicted with "white line fever" that the good blokes(tm) who are the captains would probably not pick you on their team. Luke Hodge notwithstanding

Our generation’s Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrew Gaff, was also selected

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

Lingerie football league

A fair chunk of the older AFLW players have experience cause there were gently caress all other opportunities for sportswomen to pay the bills

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I love Karen Paxman

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Please don’t loving choke again you idiots

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Wind assisted or no I did not think she was going to get that goal from the paint of the 50

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Adelaide’s defence is panicked as gently caress

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Carltank

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We’ve already missed out on finals by percentage both years, I’m looking forward to us missing out despite finishing a game clear of the team that does make it in tbh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If the MCG finally has test status revoked they could push the start of the men’s finals to October and get another few weeks free for AFLW an expanded AFLX tournament

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I can see the logic tbh, Queensland has really strong participation in women’s football.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It makes sense because it gives you the information regarding position on the ladder first.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

Yeah, this was my conclusion too. Every time a new club gets added to the comp that isn't Port, the Crows' position in the comp becomes relatively stronger since our draft pool remains the same as before while the other clubs in the new club's state all become weaker..

And yet you all loving whinge about there being ten Victorian teams in the men’s, smdh

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hard to try and work out which is more incompetent out of the afl or the federal coalition at this point imo

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I’m still hoping against hope that they Norf it up at the knockout stages

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Following the Carlton model I see

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

So if I remember correctly Melbourne started the round on the bottom of Conference A, and are up 47-7 at half time against Brisbane who started the round on top of Conference B :thumbsup:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think the implementation of the conference system may in fact be the worst administered thing the AFL has ever done

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Can’t wait for him to shut down the old Ford plant again because gently caress renewables

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Good to see Michael Christian is just as off his coked up loving mind in the women’s season as the mens

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Hopefully the land subsides and swallows the club whole

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Tayla Harris gets off scot free, Tegan Cunningham will probably still miss over a quarter of the season :thumbsup:

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Feb 19, 2019

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

https://twitter.com/triplemfooty/status/1097669855413706752

:thunk:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

JUSTICE HAS PREVAILED

also fuckin sack michael christian already you clowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I would imagine champion do little actual analysis for clubs, who would mostly have in house analysts that work off the raw data champion give