Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

cmndstab posted:

Oh geez, the AFLW draft is a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Thanks for that. Jeez its a bit of a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

monolithburger posted:

From memory, I think St Kilda have the most 9th placed finishes in recent times.

Weve finished 9th 3 times in the AFL era and made finals 11 times so its not exactly the same as Richmond in that same time frame.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Well pre-season for my club started today with the new strength and conditioning coach deciding 34degrees and first session was prime time for throwing us all in the deep end. Gonna be sore tomorrow :(

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Testekill posted:

It's so great that the draft is split over two days.

Did I say great? Because I meant loving trash and a testament to the hubris of the AFL

Is it? What a loving load of bullshit. The AFL are a bunch of dumbfucks.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

Jack Martin signed with Carlton.

Suns turned down 9 + third round for martin + 15. Carlton get him for nothing and the Suns threw away 2020 pick 11 for 2019 pick 22 from Geelong. What a mess of a club.

I am getting a little bit sick of the Suns. Their mismanagement is obvious and awful and they are being thrown concessions to make them stay afloat.

Other struggling clubs are being effected by their concessions and the AFL gives not one gently caress about it.

gently caress them off, bring in a Tasmanian team and be done with it all. Queensland will never give enough of a poo poo about footy to support more then one team and boy howdy is the gold coast the worst spot you could ever dream about putting one in.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

From reddit but hey, still some interesting options.

LOL of the decade voting for the afl.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhK3xpaDKlWOa5MwsGPFAA3dx9-HK1SdXvOGjAj08aoSkh1Q/viewform

Theres a lot of good options in here but its a toss up between Essendoping and the Colliwobbles2018 and Collingwood just shoes it in.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

cmndstab posted:

I like how they claim Silvagni oversaw the "first, complete, on-field rebuild in the club's 155-year history".

So we're just ignoring the mid-2000s then?

Lol "complete". Things can fall apart really loving quickly and Carlton has yet to show any sort of consistency in the way they play to convince me they wont still be making up numbers in the bottom half next year.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Am I the only one who thinks its a bit unethical of Carlton to draft someone from Perth in the mid season draft and then just turf them six months later?

If you want to take a punt on someone then go with a local who doesnt have to uproot their entire life to try and pursue their dream.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

thepokey posted:

I mean he was overrated and the fact Richmond went on to win the flag without him pretty easily was telling. Good player, but dirty and overrated.

To be fair the tactic of "Hope the other team literally plays their worst ever game" was a ballsy one.

But yes, Rance was overrated and got away with far far more then he aught to have been.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

teacup posted:

What a coincidence that teams keep playing badly against Richmond in high pressure situations

Maybe it’s actually that Richmond is good?

No it’s the other teams that are wrong

Its pretty much a Steven Bradbury. They absolutely deserved it based on the mountain of work required to even get there but it still required the opponent to fall off a cliff for no reason.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

I was going to guess :biotruths: over the ACLs but nope, he's found a new way to be a shitheel boomer

Hey man, its tough sitting in your ivory Dockland's penthouse as the wafts of smoke haze drift below you and people dare criticise your tax break.

I mean have you tried driving your Lamborghini around in those conditions?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

lol

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, GLOBEHEADS

Let me reference extreme minority sources with obvious agendas or corporate links as my facts and proof then completely ignore any debate disagreeing with said sources, how dare you question these things when PEOPLE ARE DYING. Goddamn libtards.

I may or may not be directly referencing morons from bigfooty.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Spedman posted:

lol

Also, living in the Docklands will make anyone miserable

My best mate lives in the docklands and its really not that bad at all. There isnt a lot to see or do but theres a few decent restaurants and honestly you're so close to the city that you can be in chinatown in less then 10 minutes.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

Sounds like Heppell is losing the dreads to raise a bit of cash for the bushfires

He should offer to only shave one half if someone doubles the final amount raised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drunkill posted:

gently caress

Should have had a photo of a condom for Freo and the rest.