Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

harperdc posted:

AFLX with players being selected by team captains and at the end of a pre-season shouldn’t ever be taken that seriously. There’s a reason there aren’t major injuries in the NFL’s all-star game, and it’s because the players know it’s for fun.

There’s always some arshole who takes it all too seriously and can’t just play for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

How is Coco a unit as a 55~ yo talk show host

be a celebrity in the US with celebrity trainers and doctors

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
so did it suck? or is it still going?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have nothing to add except that Hong Kong has a bunch of ovals (:britain:) and expats (at least used to) play footy every now and then. I don’t know about now I haven’t lived there for years.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Mumford got suspended again

Lmao

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

The office across from my new work has a No Hawkers sign with Or Pies scrawled in. Very good.

Pointing out No Hawkers signs used to be one of my dad’s favourite dad jokes. I’m looking forward to using it myself.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Or they turn up/don’t turn up to training hungover

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Here's a knee-slapper: He's going to rot in prison and then burn in hell lmao

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Stratton is captain of Hawthorn. Good pick I think.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
What’s revs??

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bloody bulldogs players

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Quantum Shart posted:

I'd take Sam over Titus tbh

:confused:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
There’s only like ten of us though I don’t think we deserve more than one thread

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
$5k a pop for a screen that doesn’t work lmao. Just use a whiteboard hahaha I loving love the afl

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

People have said its simply a matter of telling interchanging players to carry a message but that isn't going to help much if it's a forward and the coach wants to change a defensive structure. It might be asking a bit much to expect a player to take on board a bunch of instructions specific to them, and then a bunch more for their other team mates too.

There might have been a handful of times across over 200 games that a runner got in the way of play and even then it is doubtful any of those incidents affected the outcome in any meaningful way so once again the AFL has come up with the solution to a question nobody was really asking.

Nah it’s good they banned runners. Teams (Sydney) were using them to block space. It happened more than once (Sydney), which is too many times.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chairchucker posted:

I'm glad they're getting rid of runners, now they just need to cut away the bounce and father son rule.

Hey settle down there buddy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

Then simply make them have to run out and back in a direct fashion otherwise a free is paid.

People complain about runners out of one half their mouth then would bitch when coaches are unable to make tactical changes when needed. Footy fields are loving big, its hard even to convey proper messages 50meters away let alone on the opposite wing.

Rather then wasting thousands on stupid message boards that cant be read, employing one extra staffer to stop runners loving around seems like a far better idea.

A whiteboard is like ten bucks at Kmart. The runners can still come on between goals it’s not like the players and coaches are cut off for the entire quarter.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The new 50m rule that is resulting in 100m penalties is hilarious and extremely AFL. Can’t wait for it to ruin a game early in the year and get canned.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

At that game the Sydney supporters sitting in front of me defended Barry’s brain snap by telling me all about how Buddy Franklin was a no good junkie. I wonder if they are fans of his now? Hm.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I decided to abandon it and just use Kayo because it was getting too difficult to get working consistently

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Is Kayo letting you watch everything on demand later too(inc the shows so I can swear at that drunken gently caress 4 nights a week)?

Yeah it’s got all the same shows. I don’t know how long replays are available but they are there

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Perfetto :discourse:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

In positive football news, the kid who egged Fraser "Hitler" Anning in the back of the head is an under 19 at my footclub.

Post congratulatory messages to pass on at next training session here >

“Here comes the bacon for the egg” is beautiful :discourse:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can’t wait for footy to start tomorrow night!

Solemn Sloth posted:

I think I’ve now done literally all I can do for Melbourne.

There’s a mini-sloth on the way due grand final week.

If being unable to watch the game itself doesn’t spur the dees on to win a flag I don’t know what can.

Congrats MUYB

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rance ACL confirmed. That’s a bad start to the year drat

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Not sure how Oliver was supposed to avoid giving that 50 away

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Our away jumper looks magnificent

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

NTRabbit posted:

Lmao hawthorn brought their own umpires again

Haha :discourse:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Back in the bin crows

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

Which team had worse jumpers today hawks or dogs?

Excuse me our jumper was beautiful??

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hahah bombers

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Scully is gonna play this weekend or next. :getin:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I gotta say I do enjoy watching mason cox dunking on Richmond lately

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Michael Christian heard the complaints about players not getting suspended last week, so Mason Cox has been handed a week because ???????

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chairchucker posted:

There was vision of Grimes going down off the ball after a collision with Cox. I don't know there was that much in it. Hopefully Grimes gets way more for his hit on Elliott.

I think it was Grimes anyway. I'm bad at names.

https://gfycat.com/alivedeadjunebug

Here is the Cox one

Grimes only got a week for his elbow to the face of Elliot. Cox should have got nothing and Grimes should get 2+. Instead we get a week each.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Channel 7 thinks distance is measured in km/hr apparently

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
That was a very good barrel

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted: