Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
108 wins over two seasons, Miami are the winners of the sim. Thank you all for coming please don't worry about the playoffs this year or especially last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

It may just be the first team who gets there (Wizards), so we'll see!
fair is fair

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tanglewood1420 posted:

108 wins over two seasons, Miami are the winners of the sim. Thank you all for coming please don't worry about the playoffs this year or especially last year.

I think I'm closing in on 115 but good job my friend

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Both ECF teams including the eventual champs from last year eliminated from the playoffs. Did either team have big injuries this year or is the sim just that different?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DeimosRising posted:

Both ECF teams including the eventual champs from last year eliminated from the playoffs. Did either team have big injuries this year or is the sim just that different?

Toronto had Oladipo with a bit of a decrease because of his injury, and Milwaukee is basically AD with Lowry/Gallo.

Sixers were underrated in the sim last year IMO, and the Wizards got a bump from Booker/Siakam/etc getting better.

Orlando is a bit of a surprise but they're super deep, Boston probably deserved to get in last year too but choked at the end. Detroit is also another surprise but they do have Harden/Harrell/Brogdon.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I think the sims don’t value stars as highly as the forum does, broadly speaking, and that they value depth more. There’s also definitely a lot to be said for the idea that you’re basically playing with players who are valued based on their reputation during the previous season, so Oladipo and Embiid were at peak hype

Next year my team should be unstoppable, since Rudy Gobert shut down the whole drat league

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I think I'm closing in on 115 but good job my friend

Yeah, in the western conference.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
FINAL GAMEDAY OF THE REGULAR SEASON

:siren: DAY 88 of the 2019-2020 SEASON :siren:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Dallas Mavericks are going to run wind sprints for the next 2 months straight.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Big fan of Mikal bridges shooting 49% behind the arc

I can't remember exactly but houston was like 15-15 pre trading for bridges and 35-17 after

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

G-Hawk posted:

Big fan of Mikal bridges shooting 49% behind the arc

I can't remember exactly but houston was like 15-15 pre trading for bridges and 35-17 after
Yeah, Washington Wizards were 25-6 before the trade and then went 26-25 after. Mikal Bridges, impact player.

I still stand by the move long-term but I'm pretty shocked how far we fell swapping Mikal Bridges at SF for a platoon of like DJJ/Kenrich/Huerter. Didn't really expect any major impact there, and thought adding Rubio at PG should've been an upgrade over Reggie Jackson (who is expiring too so another reason I liked the trade, in addition to $40 in cap space savings). We should be a contender next year with an even more powerful Siakam but for now I honestly think we could go down in the 1-8 matchup, especially with Capela I believe out for the entire thing.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 7, 2020

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, Washington Wizards were 25-6 before the trade and then went 26-25 after. Mikal Bridges, impact player.

I still stand by the move long-term but I'm pretty shocked how far we fell swapping Mikal Bridges at SF for a platoon of like DJJ/Kenrich/Huerter. Didn't really expect any major impact there, and thought adding Rubio at PG should've been an upgrade over Reggie Jackson (who is expiring too so another reason I liked the trade, in addition to $40 in cap space savings). We should be a contender next year with an even more powerful Siakam but for now I honestly think we could go down in the 1-8 matchup, especially with Capela I believe out for the entire thing.

It was mostly just a rebalancing move for me, I thought it would help some by giving morant more minutes and bridges was a modest upgrade at starting 3. Was looking for a better shooter tbh so lol at 49%

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
First game will be simmed tomorrow night probably around 8-10 PM. Get in any lineup changes before then!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

drat, lost my last game by 3 because Smart tweaked something. Kyrie and Mitchell don’t both go off like that if he’s around

I have 3 of the top 10 in 3pt% and 3 of the top 10 in WS/48 and none of those are Kevin Love lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
lol the first round Boston v Philly is true in every playoff projection system I've seen. True to form.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

DBD, could we get a screenshot of the team advanced stats page?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I had DBD send me my team stats and I had 7 guys shooting 39%+ from 3, all in over 2 attempts a game. I have assembled the ultimate 3pt shooting team

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

tanglewood1420 posted:

DBD, could we get a screenshot of the team advanced stats page?

For your team specifically?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Sure for my team would be cool, but what I had in mind was the page for the whole the league that shows pythagorean wins, true shooting, pace, Ortg and Drtg etc.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

tanglewood1420 posted:

Sure for my team would be cool, but what I had in mind was the page for the whole the league that shows pythagorean wins, true shooting, pace, Ortg and Drtg etc.

Will get to this at some point in the next few days, will post D1 of the playoffs in a second!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: The 8th seeded San Antonio Spurs defeat the 1st place Denver Nuggets 96-93 to take a 1-0 series lead.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/kLTihhZ

No Kawhi? No problem. The Spurs stayed aggressive the entire game and came through with a clutch 4th quarter on the road (and a big game from Bagley) to send Denver to the locker room with their heads down. Denver also had a few important injuries, namely Randle, and Dinwiddie getting hurt during the game itself didn't help the matters. Butler did not shoot well tonight and Denver will need a strong outing for a team that has stayed on top all year. Even the Raptors last year lost game 1 at home, so it's not like it's time to panic quite yet.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: Golden State jumps out to a big lead and never looked back against Portland for a 1-0 series lead, 109-82.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/Mbsqx9J

The Warriors jumped out to a huge lead in the first half and even played their bench extended minutes to get their bigs some rest against Portland, who looked helpless against a pesky Warriors team who have gelled all season long. Neither team shot the three ball well, but the Warriors made a concerted effort to stop Curry from getting any open looks and it paid off. The Warriors also played more aggressive and physical getting to the line 40 times. The Trail Blazers will have to have to quickly forget about this game and look ahead to game 2.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: Rockets win a physical game 1 against the Clippers, but lose three players in the process, 116-108.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/VlzLmIv

LeBron had a triple double, but it didn't matter. The Rockets took care of business against a Clippers team that they clearly don't like. Vucevic and Kemba both led the way for the Rockets with 39 and 30 points respectively, but the Rockets lost Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, and DeAndre Jordan in the game to injuries. They will clearly need to get some sort of production out of players who didn't expect to be playing big minutes in the playoffs. Let's hope they stayed ready.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: Memphis bury Lakers in the 3rd quarter to take a 1-0 series lead, 117-93.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/EMlkVDw

No Joker magic today, said the Grizzlies. The Grizzlies had a balanced offensive attack from Murray, Shamet, and Blake, and did enough to shut down and foul out Jokic which effectively left the Lakers offense floundering and with little opportunity for easy baskets. The Lakers will have to regroup and find other ways to score when Jokic doesn't have it going.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
East games will be posted tomorrow, but earlier (afternoonish)!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm pumped. Also I should probably bump KDs minutes up a bit if its not too late.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

LeBron had a triple double, but it didn't matter. The Rockets took care of business against a Clippers team that they clearly don't like. Vucevic and Kemba both led the way for the Rockets with 39 and 30 points respectively, but the Rockets lost Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, and DeAndre Jordan in the game to injuries. They will clearly need to get some sort of production out of players who didn't expect to be playing big minutes in the playoffs. Let's hope they stayed ready.

what the heck!!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: Giannis and Valanciunas too much for the Magic, win 116-103.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/iO7RfPG

Orlando held a grip on the game until the 4th quarter, where Giannis made his mark. He finished with 34/19 while Valanciunas added 31/12, and the Knicks brought the intensity needed to beat a balanced Magic team. Gobert was clearly missed this game. Luckily they'll have him back after the next game, but will it be too late at that point?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: Durant leads the Celtics to a win in a high scoring affair against the Sixers, 134-127.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/vpKGk1e

Kevin Durant pumped his fist as he ran off the court in the Wells Fargo Center, and sent the Sixers to the locker room shaking their heads. The 1-2 offensive punch of Bradley Beal and Paul George delivered, but D'Angelo Russell did not provide enough to help them, and the Celtics had extremely solid production from their bench who had some of the best +/- in the game.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Game 1: Giannis and Valanciunas too much for the Magic, win 116-103.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/iO7RfPG

Orlando held a grip on the game until the 4th quarter, where Giannis made his mark. He finished with 34/19 while Valanciunas added 31/12, and the Knicks brought the intensity needed to beat a balanced Magic team. Gobert was clearly missed this game. Luckily they'll have him back after the next game, but will it be too late at that point?

Im happy with that given that Gobert was out and Smart was only able to play 17 minutes. They won’t have any 37 point quarters when those guys are healthy

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: Familiar foes in the Eastern Conference, Bulls find themselves up 1-0 with a 124-111 win.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/5R0fuOD

"God loving drat it!" Spoelstra was heard yelling in the locker room after a game 1 defeat against the Bulls. The Heat have been juggernauts in the Eastern Conference for two years now, but there is an annoying thorn in their side, and that is the Chicago Bulls. As an 8th seed last year, the Bulls sent the #1 seed Heat packing, and now as a lower seed once again, the Bulls have no plans on changing up the strategy. Donovan Mitchell went off for 43 points and out-dueled Lillard, while Kyrie provided a very efficient 27 points on 16 shots. The Heat will have to find some sort of offense outside of Lillard or else they will find themselves under the heels of the Bulls once again.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Game 1: The Pistons outscore Wizards 40-31 in the 4th quarter to steal game one, 124-122.

vs

Box score: https://imgur.com/OWjFSzv

The Pistons love shooting threes, and they hit 19 of them tonight to help them upset the #1 seed Wizards. Harden lead the team with 35 points, and Kuzma added 24 in support. Booker was great as he's been all season with 40 points, and Derrick Jones Jr. added a surprising 29 points in the close loss. Unfortunately, the Wizards are without Clint Capela and WCS also got hurt in this game, so they may have to experiment with some creative lineups sort of like the real life Rockets going forward.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeimosRising posted:

Im happy with that given that Gobert was out and Smart was only able to play 17 minutes. They won’t have any 37 point quarters when those guys are healthy

Nope Orlandos good as dead, bunch of idiots on that team

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ahem, his name is literally Marcus SMART you can’t argue with that

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm pumped. Also I should probably bump KDs minutes up a bit if its not too late.

oh right I should probably give my starters more minutes too huh

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

G-Hawk posted:

what the heck!!

what can I say, the god that we have created to watch over this simulation is a Grizz fan

go burrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

So the road teams won every game one in the East? Huh