Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1364651344305479681

Look at the size of Bautista and how small he makes Zack Snyder look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Please everyone, dunking on this guy who clearly came in with a drive-by shitpost of an article he didn't read is going to justify our reputation for being mean doo-doo heads to outsiders

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

John Wick of Dogs posted:

When Cavill Superman gets bullied by a trucker, who is actively sexually harassing his colleagues, in frustration he destroys the guys truck. When Reeve Superman did, with weeks having passed he goes back to the same diner in a premeditated way and beats the loving poo poo out of him.

Now I actually approve of both of these personally but they're both pretty dark.

It's actually worse in the Donner re-edit because he goes back in time to before he even met the trucker and then beats the poo poo out of him

Also, in addition to killing Zod, he blows up the Fortress of Solitude with Luther inside and goes back in time to before he did that. Very weird movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

2house2fly posted:

Unless they're heisting people 🤔

That would be a good twist. The mercenaries think there's all this money in the vault, but it is actually the protagonist family surviving on emergency supplies in there

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dunno why I didn't think they Army of The Dead would not feature the main character in pit of skulls.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

But then Superman smiles and man, I feel good. I feel good about life and all the poo poo I am seeing on screen.

Why can't Superman smile?

Ugh.

Reminds me of the creeps who ask for women to just smile more.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

That would be a good twist. The mercenaries think there's all this money in the vault, but it is actually the protagonist family surviving on emergency supplies in there

Like an inverse Suicide Squad.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Guy A. Person posted:

Please everyone, dunking on this guy who clearly came in with a drive-by shitpost of an article he didn't read is going to justify our reputation for being mean doo-doo heads to outsiders

They're gonna run back to whatever forum they're from and call us toxic

:(

We truly are the baddies.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Drive by shitposting an article they didn't even read is pretty low rent, lol.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Guy A. Person posted:

Snyderdomed if we do, snyderdomed if we don't

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Personally, I admire people who use rape like a 13 year old screaming "fire!" in a movie theater for lolz.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Superman The Movie is canonically a movie about a documentary about a kid reading a comic book about journalistic integrity.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Glad Army of the Dead is finally coming out. I've been hyped for it ever since details of Snyder's script came out in 2011.

visionary
Weird, in the book, a doctor just does some logical medical stuff to become a hybrid.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

that's more or less the twist in Dead Money, the Fallout New Vegas DLC, which I still have extremely mixed feelings about

josh04 posted:

Like an inverse Suicide Squad.

What are we, some kind of sanctity-of-life squad?

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 25, 2021

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Glad Army of the Dead is finally coming out. I've been hyped for it ever since details of Snyder's script came out in 2011.

visionary

The Crossed comics came out in 2008 so I don’t know where you’re getting “visionary” from.

You must abhor 80s horror directors like Henenlotter and Cronenberg too, do you make these types of posts in the horror thread as well?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Oh god I forgot about Crossed. Different times, different times.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Cronenberg’s Shivers came out in 1975.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

that's more or less the twist in Dead Money, the Fallout New Vegas DLC, which I still have extremely mixed feelings about

I don't think that spoiler tag is particularly helpful.

(to anyone curious, it's about the end of a Fallout New Vegas DLC that I haven't played but oh well)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

ruddiger posted:

Cronenberg’s Shivers came out in 1975.

Oh absolutely, I'm just pointing out that the draft of Army of the Dead with the whole ZomboRape - which predates Crossed - is from 2007. As in, respected comic book writer Garth Ennis was writing out his zombie cannibal/rape fantasies a year later and nobody gave a poo poo. The culture was in a different place.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

I don't think that spoiler tag is particularly helpful.

(to anyone curious, it's about the end of a Fallout New Vegas DLC that I haven't played but oh well)

fair enough, i'll alter it.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I watched Superman 1 and 2 for the first time recently, though just the theatrical cut of 2 rather than the Donner Cut. I thought it was a very strange pair of movies. Both felt like they had no real narrative thrust - especially 2, where for half the film Superman, Zod and Luthor are just doing unrelated things while entirely unaware of each other. I wouldn't say I was too fond of the traditional "boy scout" Superman as a character either.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Believe me, I'm not saying Army of the Dead will be 'the rape zombie movie' or 'Zach Snyder's symphony of rape' or 'The Jaws of sexual assault' no matter what some clickbait headline says. That's because, whatever Snyder writes that makes it to the screen, I have to assume an editor cut all the rape anyway

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Speaking of editors Zack guy the editor of Memento for Army of the Dead so it should be pretty slick

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Believe me, I'm not saying Army of the Dead will be 'the rape zombie movie' or 'Zach Snyder's symphony of rape' or 'The Jaws of sexual assault' no matter what some clickbait headline says. That's because, whatever Snyder writes that makes it to the screen, I have to assume an editor cut all the rape anyway

Someone who definitely understands how films are made.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The owl movie had hours of painstakingly modelled and rendered owl rape excised at the behest of the iron fisted studio

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Snowman_McK posted:

Someone who definitely understands how films are made.

I take it you edit your own published work. Why is that? Would you say the quality suffers?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I only use hired copy-editors for my own work. Substantive editing I do myself.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
He spells his name with a K, actually

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

That’s a particularly lazy and half hearted shitpost. I miss the days when you could find a new take, novelty in a shitpost.

Where art thou foldable human ? Why have you forsaken us ? We need better shitposts in which you invent the end of movie,or string us along for pages about a massive editing flaw. Or even better “what if justice league was in colour “ ?

I’m old now and my bones hurt

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I take it you edit your own published work. Why is that? Would you say the quality suffers?

Wait, you think book editors and film editors do the same thing in their respective mediums?

😳

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
When you write any screenplay you start with a 200+ page work of erotica and slowly edit out everything that isn't your story.

It's like seeing David in the stone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Schwarzwald posted:

When you write any screenplay you start with a 200+ page work of erotica and slowly edit out everything that isn't your story.

It's the same thing for literary analysis

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

You are not good at this please stop. This is really embarrassing

Funny, but embarrassing. Come on you're making C-Spam look bad here. Pick up your game

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Schwarzwald posted:

All movies are made how American Dad thinks Fast/Furious movies are made

https://youtu.be/OPSDRNMrS2g

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The comments on the article are actually doing the same thing where people are trying to dunk on Snyder without actually reading it and getting called out as idiots.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The comments on the article are actually doing the same thing where people are trying to dunk on Snyder without actually reading it and getting called out as idiots.

I'm no English major but maybe they read this sentence in the first paragraph:

quote:

The concept for the film originated from Snyder

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
When you're reading about a zombie film where the zombies rape living women and make zombie-human hybrids, would you say that's part of the concept of the film, or is it just a minor detail and the rest of the zombie film was probably equally original

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Oh, nevermind, I'm reading here that it's just a zombie movie where the zombies are in a quarantine zone and somebody has to be rescued from within the quarantine zone. As that's such a standard genre plot, I've got to conclude that the 'concept' must have been the single novel aspect of the film, the zombie rape babies. Ah, well, I sure am glad I didn't post smugly about how great my reading comprehension is compared to random cinemablend commenters

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Eugene you need to have a serious conversation with your editor, they’re making you look bad out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Thanks for creepily admitting how novel you find rape to own us all