Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

Oh, nevermind, I'm reading here that it's just a zombie movie where the zombies are in a quarantine zone and somebody has to be rescued from within the quarantine zone. As that's such a standard genre plot, I've got to conclude that the 'concept' must have been the single novel aspect of the film, the zombie rape babies. Ah, well, I sure am glad I didn't post smugly about how great my reading comprehension is compared to random cinemablend commenters

Please go back to getting chain probed in FYAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

No but seriously, go watch Shivers.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

"Concept" sure is doing a ton of heavy-lifting there.

I've looked and it's been "producer-lead Zack Snyder" in just about every article until a couple years ago when he became the director. Only concrete anything I can see is from the IMDB trivia page where that stuff was in the script written by Joby Harold. You know, since in a post-Watchmen world all manner of people would love to attribute just about everything bad to him they would have dug something up then shotgunned it all over the internet for people to run with.

Jeez and here I thought the Snyder fanboys were the people who had to bend over backwards and had to stretch meaning and truth.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 25, 2021

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Roth posted:

Please go back to getting chain probed in FYAD

Look, I'm just a Snyder fan like anybody else. I popped in here because I'm looking forward to the Justice League Joker Cut coming to HBO Max, and the extremely rape-free zombie movie Army of the Dead releasing on Friday, 21 May.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Look, I'm just a Snyder fan like anybody else. I popped in here because I'm looking forward to the Justice League Joker Cut coming to HBO Max, and the extremely rape-free zombie movie Army of the Dead releasing on Friday, 21 May.

Why wait when Shivers is available right now!

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

These Snyder fans are always provoking arguments!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1364650011942920198?s=19

Not a Snyder topic at all, I wonder how much of this decision was influenced by negative twitter reactions to the news that Zack Snyder's Justice League being rated R.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
You know, we already established which movie literally has a joke about editors and rape.

It’s Superman The Movie, directed by Richard Donner - AKA “Toxic” Dick Donner.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Not a Snyder topic at all, I wonder how much of this decision was influenced by negative twitter reactions to the news that Zack Snyder's Justice League being rated R.

Probably none. Same reason why Rated-R films went out of style to begin with - box office take.

Yeah, some R's make some serious bank but it being R limits an audience in a franchise of films the filmmakers see as kid-friendly. Wish they'd just turn it into a series and as a spearhead into R-rated stuff.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Oh, nevermind, I'm reading here that it's just a zombie movie where the zombies are in a quarantine zone and somebody has to be rescued from within the quarantine zone. As that's such a standard genre plot, I've got to conclude that the 'concept' must have been the single novel aspect of the film, the zombie rape babies. Ah, well, I sure am glad I didn't post smugly about how great my reading comprehension is compared to random cinemablend commenters

I would say "zombie heist movie" sounds like a concept, and "zombies rape people as well as eating them" is more likely a plot element

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Don’t think this is much of a reaction to that. I think Disney doesn’t want any R-Rated movies in the MCU. Like for example I know they’re gonna make a new Deadpool and will probably be R (but who knows honestly), but they just want to maximize the amount of people watching these.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Disney will never release an R-Rated movie under their brand.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I know they are only zombies in the 28 Days Later sense, but you should check out the Reavers in the cult hit TV show Firefly (2002) and equally cult hit movie Serenity (2005), both by critically acclaimed visionary Joss Whedon (Avengers, Dollhouse).

The Reavers rape and torture most people to death and eat them, but rape and torture some people so hard they become Reavers, too. It will blow your mind!

In fact, you should head over to TVIV, look up any of the Joss Whedon-affiliated threads and poo poo them up with your awful posts. I am sure they'd be psyched to have you.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Why is this being announced with a picture of Paul Denton?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Roth posted:

Disney will never release an R-Rated movie under their brand.

They're releasing Deadpool 3 as an R rated movie, and last I checked it's gonna be a full blown MCU film.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

cargohills posted:

I watched Superman 1 and 2 for the first time recently, though just the theatrical cut of 2 rather than the Donner Cut. I thought it was a very strange pair of movies. Both felt like they had no real narrative thrust - especially 2, where for half the film Superman, Zod and Luthor are just doing unrelated things while entirely unaware of each other. I wouldn't say I was too fond of the traditional "boy scout" Superman as a character either.

I totally agree. They aren't really very good movies at all, but were the best we had superhero wise for the longest time. That's why I think they often get a pass, as well as the love for Reeve.

The first one is just so long too, everything is so drawn out. I lose interest before we even get to see Superman.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

army of the dead teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5H1SfF81E

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Interesting lens choice.

Those junctions are hell to cross at the best of times.

Positively Randian.

I'm rooting for this guy, hope nothing bad happens to the Liberace cosplay guy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83kjG5RCT8

What a pretty looking movie.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot until just now they made a couple Dead Rising movies

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

RBA Starblade posted:

With the most perfect guy possible, Rob Riggle.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't even know

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Burkion posted:

I didn't even know

It's easy to not know they exist since they were Crackle original movies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Man it's becoming apparent to me how much the cuts Snyder has to make have sometimes made him look bad.

I was just having a conversation with someone about something from Sucker Punch. The scene where Jon Hamm says that Baby Doll "wants this" before lobotomizing her. Hamm is a sympathetic character who ultimately reports the villain of the film. He was disgusted by it.

And he was right. That scene is rough. You have to read it extremely generously to say it is a commentary on manufactured consent. But it's different in the directors cut. In the directors cut instead of him as a doctor saying "It's like she wants this" it instead goes into a fantasy sequence from Baby Doll's pov, with the same actor buying the rights to Baby Doll's virginity at a brothel, literally ordering her to tell him that she wants it and to consent, her finally saying to him what she was told to say, then a jump cut to the doctor performing the lobotomy. It reads completely differently.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Burkion posted:

you're making C-Spam look bad here.

Time to bring back LF

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
LF would eat cspam for lunch

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
All those police visits LF caused lowtax were probably a net positive when you think about it.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Black people be talkin bout robot dicks

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Total Meatlove posted:

All those police visits LF caused lowtax were probably a net positive when you think about it.

They were also made up. Someone filed a FOIA request and the secret service has no record of it

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Terror Sweat posted:

They were also made up. Someone filed a FOIA request and the secret service has no record of it

Wrong

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Terror Sweat posted:

And how

https://publicseminar.org/essays/when-the-penis-is-property/

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Terror Sweat posted:

There's a lot of discourse about that which sometimes gets uncomfortable, and misses that Cyborg's meant to to pretty obviously be disabled, in a situation very much inspired by Robocop, and his mix of strength and dependence, and resulting alienation from humanity is very much key to his character in any (good) incarnation. There's a potential future scene in Teen Titans where an older Cyborg hasn't been able to keep his body up to date and can't recharge his power cells any more, so he's effectively confined to an otherwise abandoned Titans Tower and forced to drag a bulky generator around with him just to survive.

That said, yeah, Geoff Johns has nothing positive to add to this.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Snyder probably shouldn't have been working on a film with zombie rape in it imo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Communist Thoughts posted:

Snyder probably shouldn't have been working on a film with zombie rape in it imo

He worked to remove the zombie rape

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I'm broadly against criticising writers/filmmakers for things that don't make it into the final work, you should be permitted a certain leeway to have considered even truly stupid ideas if you eventually decided against them. Notwithstanding that the quote that's circulating is about a script for ostensibly a different film from ten years ago.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

josh04 posted:

Interesting lens choice.

Those junctions are hell to cross at the best of times.

Positively Randian.

I'm rooting for this guy, hope nothing bad happens to the Liberace cosplay guy.

final fantasy XVI went heavy on the motion blur huh

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Hmm, not convinced.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

josh04 posted:

I'm broadly against criticising writers/filmmakers for things that don't make it into the final work, you should be permitted a certain leeway to have considered even truly stupid ideas if you eventually decided against them. Notwithstanding that the quote that's circulating is about a script for ostensibly a different film from ten years ago.

Said by someone else!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

josh04 posted:

Hmm, not convinced.

Isn't that final fantasy 16?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Communist Thoughts posted:

Zombie rapists are called “vampires.”

You are upset at the concept of vampires.