Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Ah yes, it’s just the Snyder fans who are super toxic.

https://www.screengeek.net/2021/04/03/wyatt-russell-death-threats-john-walker-the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Why are Snyder fans attacking the guy from Falcon and Winter Soldier :confused:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

He’s not deserving of The Shield.

Wyatt said that he’s purposely written to be an unlikeable character and he’s glad that the fans don’t like him but they need to remember that he’s a fictional character.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Guy A. Person posted:

They're not? The article doesn't say that

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Aces High posted:

today I ended up convincing my trainer to check out ZSJL simply because she asked me if I had watched it and, I guess, my enthusiasm about how much I enjoyed it was enough to move her from "huh, 4 hour superhero movie, interesting" to "alright I think I'm gonna make time to watch it" so that's another not-online person who will check it out!

She also seemed quite intrigued when I told her about Hallelujah playing over the credits and that surprised me since I can't think of a lot of people that would take the ending credit song as a reason to watch a whole movie. That'd be like getting people to watch Fellowship of the Ring just to hear May it Be, or watching Batman Forever just to hear Kiss from a Rose

idk if you just told her about the song or about the significance of it but I think as dumb as it sounds that dedication to his daughter humanizes Snyder to a lot of people who have weird ideas about him. plus people watch things for all sorts of reasons, sometimes the meta meaning of it to them personally, interest in being part of the conversation about it, whatever.

my girlfriend has zero interest in these movies but read about the Ray Fisher stuff when that was coming out, and after I elaborated to her on how hosed over the whole production was to him, Snyder, and basically everybody involved, she was super excited to watch it when it came out. even knowing it was 4 hours, being a person who thinks basically any movie over 90 minutes is too long. and she was super into the movie and really enjoyed it, but mostly what she was into was Ray’s story and seeing him get that vindication on screen.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Actors just need to get over people being mean to them online.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The guy who played Joffrey on Game of Thrones quit acting because people couldn't separate him from his character too

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mantis42 posted:

Actors just need to get over people being mean to them online.
the problem with "death threats" is that you can't always tell the difference between extreme edgy humor guy and actual crazy guy so they need to take all that poo poo seriously

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Mr. Apollo posted:

He’s not deserving of The Shield.

Wyatt said that he’s purposely written to be an unlikeable character and he’s glad that the fans don’t like him but they need to remember that he’s a fictional character.

Lmao what a world where this has to be explained

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

article posted:

Toxic fans are a cancer for what is truly the geek renaissance going on today.
Lol no. It’s a symptom

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CelticPredator posted:

Lol no. It’s a symptom

Yea, I got to that part and was like “my man, the calls are coming from inside the house.”

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

How bloody is the owl film? It's the only Snyder I haven't seen and would like to watch, but all the owls look so adorable it's gonna break my heart if half of them end up getting slaughtered lol.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Perhaps a hamster posted:

How bloody is the owl film? It's the only Snyder I haven't seen and would like to watch, but all the owls look so adorable it's gonna break my heart if half of them end up getting slaughtered lol.
It's not bloody, but it's still very on point if that makes sense. Snyder said he never approached it as a kids film, but it's still very much "my first Snyder film" as it explicitly lays out his feelings on heroes through the eyes of owlets. It's also a beautiful film, so please watch it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Roman posted:

They're not? The article doesn't say that

Lol I know I was being facetious :wink:

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

It's not bloody, but it's still very on point if that makes sense. Snyder said he never approached it as a kids film, but it's still very much "my first Snyder film" as it explicitly lays out his feelings on heroes through the eyes of owlets. It's also a beautiful film, so please watch it.

Thanks, will make time for it then.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Perhaps a hamster posted:

It’s very much on the level of 80s fantasy movies like Dark Crystal or Neverending Story. It’s “for kids” but not sugarcoated at all.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

Lol no. It’s a symptom

I hate the Geeks. I will hate them as long as I live.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mel Brooks got death threats for making fun of Star Wars and Star Trek with Spaceballs, there’s a reason why they’re called fanatics.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Twitter is a loving disease and the bad outweighs ANY good that comes from it. Ru Paul's drag queens regular get body shamed and death threats for a game show.

loving burn it all down.

Facebook is the home of boomer dumb shits and Twitter is the land of loving morons in their 20's being offended by fictional characters.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Vintersorg posted:

Twitter is a loving disease and the bad outweighs ANY good that comes from it. Ru Paul's drag queens regular get body shamed and death threats for a game show.

loving burn it all down.

Facebook is the home of boomer dumb shits and Twitter is the land of loving morons in their 20's being offended by fictional characters.
A guy who owns a Tesla bought a Ford Mustang Mach-E and has been getting death threats from Tesla fans because he said he likes the Ford.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-owner-mustang-mach-e-151927893.html

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Twitter, like most social media, strips any nuance out of any messages. But Twitter is especially bad at that.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

x-posting

So hey, rumors coming from people close to Zack are saying that today is an excellent day to stream Zack Snyders Justice league on your streaming service. You don't have to watch it, just keep it on in the background (on loop, preferably), or if you haven't checked out Justice Is gray, tonight is an excellent opportunity!

Tell your friends too!

Violator
May 15, 2003

Eh, couldn’t hurt. +1 from me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

McCloud posted:

x-posting

So hey, rumors coming from people close to Zack are saying that today is an excellent day to stream Zack Snyders Justice league on your streaming service. You don't have to watch it, just keep it on in the background (on loop, preferably), or if you haven't checked out Justice Is gray, tonight is an excellent opportunity!

Tell your friends too!

:confused: I actually watched Part 1 (Justice is Gray Edition) earlier lol.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

teagone posted:

:confused: I actually watched Part 1 (Justice is Gray Edition) earlier lol.

good, keep watching!

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I saw this tweet and got a kick out of it

https://twitter.com/JILexander/status/1378844333227577346?s=20

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there something to this other than being a Japanese dub or is the audio from something else?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
No, it's a Japanese dub. The voices sound pretty good, I must say

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Yeah that Lex was really good

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
That's Hiroshi Kamiya, who has a long, long career of playing neurotic jerks. Although usually more anti-heroes than outright villains.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LesterGroans posted:

Excalibur/Fury Road double feature to ride the high of the sequels that won't happen

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

They actually mention that Skull Island is basically a case of the Hollow Earth ecosystem replicated on the surface.

Also, Cavill could be Ciaphas Cain.

No he shouldn't because the Ciaphas Cain books were bad.

Okay, all the 40k books are bad, but they were the bad kind of bad.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Just adapt "If the Emperor had a text to speech device" and make Cavill Rogal Dorn.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gatts posted:

Just adapt "If the Emperor had a text to speech device" and make Cavill Rogal Dorn.

https://youtu.be/W-kzRu5vVUI

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I get the appeal of a big budget big studio auteur director WH40k blockbuster, but honestly I think such a film would be better served by being produced in the style of like, late 80's Red Dwarf.

If the giant pauldrons aren't clearly stray-painted PVC pipe then what's the point?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yes but with the caveat that they use something like WETA's MASSIVE for huge crowd fights. The sets themselves should look like, at best, Escape from NY.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

well why not posted:

Yes but with the caveat that they use something like WETA's MASSIVE for huge crowd fights. The sets themselves should look like, at best, Escape from NY.

And mix that up by occasionally cutting to a lets play of Dawn of War.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Absolutely. Leave the Twitch overlay on screen.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snowman_McK posted:

SPAYCE MEHREENS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

SPAYCE MEHREENS

EENY-THING FOR THE DAHK POWAHS