Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They just had an investor call a couple weeks ago talking about this stuff. So for the trades to say all that can bring out lawsuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i mean he's probably right, studio accounting is basically completely fraudulent and i especially wouldn't trust anything WB insiders report

that said the rock going on Twitter constantly to proclaim how not mad and not owned he is is such a bad look. leak that poo poo through an outlet like a normal person

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Hollywood accounting is all a boondoggle and you should never trust what they say makes a profit or doesn't

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

If Black Adam was a sign of where the DC Universe was headed, bring on the reboot. It really felt like it would have been a better Suicide Squad film, from the point of view of the Squad squaring off against Black Adam.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Squad botches a mission in Khandaq, drawing the JSA to intervene. Doc Fate accidentally disturbs Adam's slumber, etc etc etc.

Meh, I'd watch it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doesn't WB still insist they have no idea how much the Snyder Cut made them and stop asking

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doesn't WB still insist they have no idea how much the Snyder Cut made them and stop asking

I mean, they probably don't KNOW, because it's not REALLY possible to tell who signed up for your streaming service specifically for that/who stuck around afterward simply because they forgot they signed up vs because of other stuff they saw in the catelog/etc.

But they also absolutely have a pretty good estimate, because you don't loving NEED the exact numbers of any of those things.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

reignonyourparade posted:

I mean, they probably don't KNOW, because it's not REALLY possible to tell who signed up for your streaming service specifically for that/who stuck around afterward simply because they forgot they signed up vs because of other stuff they saw in the catelog/etc.

But they also absolutely have a pretty good estimate, because you don't loving NEED the exact numbers of any of those things.

the fact that they haven't been blasting from the rooftops that it was a flop combined with their baseless insinuations that the whole thing was bot-drive suggest to me that it was a hit, but that they don't want to admit it

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Just do DC animated movies from now on,do the Gorillaz cartoon stuff in live action scenery thing, it would look great.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Snyder is always the blueprint

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1600905547007627270?t=L0Varz-gvO3Dqu4UvqKRMQ&s=19

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1600985390503993344?t=L2RxW76mSB-V2Fjgymmw5g&s=19
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1600983975694020608?t=07c10Bli3Zge2iWMQvw6vw&s=19

Jenkins is ride or die for Johns apparently.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
If that's true, and johns was also behind josstice league and ww84 then this development could actually be a smart move for WB/DC, as unlikely as that is lol

I didn't even hate ww84 like a lot ppl did - it's not good obvs, but it's certainly no worse than the average superhero cbm in terms of stupid/bad politics. Plus the sheer weirdness gives it an edge over more boring stuff like the avengers

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 10, 2022

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Disney also pulled Rogue Squandron from Jenkins, maybe she's having a slump.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Disney also pulled Rogue Squandron from Jenkins, maybe she's having a slump.

Maybe they saw Wonder Woman '84.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe it’s maybelline

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sorry, that's the first thing that came to my mind. Tom Hanks' Captain Miller is so memorable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is bait and I won’t see it as anything else.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lol, they're 100% gonna try and remake Donner Superman in a modern setting under Gunn.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Y’all take this too personally lmao

It’s a clsssic film. You’re just too argument poisoned

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Y’all take this too personally lmao

It’s a clsssic film. You’re just too argument poisoned

I think Donner Superman sucks, and also think Gunn is overrated. That's why I LOL'd at this specualtive idea of the Gunn regime trying to capture Donner Superman for their new take that popped into my head. poo poo's funny to me. I think it's the worst sort of combo for WB to consider lmao, so I hope they do it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t like your opinion but that’s fine!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's literally the film's anniversary

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Read the comments of the post. Everyone is interpreting it as bringing back the “real” superman.

And lots of bring Cavill back.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Everyone on both sides is too brain poisoned now for anything but mutual annihilation

It's great

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Brain worms lol

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm taking all the comments on that post and making up a scenario in my head where WB is still making reactionary decisions based on social media. Let me have my fun. I really don't give a poo poo about superhero movies anymore. I hope both DC and Marvel movies fade away sooner than later.

teagone fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 11, 2022

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
They going to deepfake Chris Reeves.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

porfiria posted:

They going to deepfake Chris Reeves.

Wasn’t Marlon Brando in Superman Returns the first big movie use of deepfakes?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The film's 44th anniversary!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This thread is better when it's talking about our guy vs when it's trashing other guys

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

This thread is better when it's talking about our guy vs when it's trashing other guys

Holy gently caress agreed

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MacheteZombie posted:

Need more Rebel Moon news or/and if anything is still happening with the Army of the Dead franchise. I'm mega hype for either.

Is the Dead stuff uh, dead? It felt like Army of Thieves came out so relatively soon after Army of the Dead.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 11, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Considering all the DC news this week it seems topical. Also it’s straight from Gunns insta.

Maximum shrugs. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Need more Rebel Moon news or/and if anything is still happening with the Army of the Dead franchise. I'm mega hype for either.

Is the Dead stuff uh, dead? It felt like Army of Thieves came out so relatively soon after Army of the Dead.

Yeah aren't we getting an anime set in Army of the deadverse?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maximum hate

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm a basic person so I'll just be happy if the same cast sticks around for different interpretations of the characters. Why change perfect casting.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Wasn’t Marlon Brando in Superman Returns the first big movie use of deepfakes?

Deepfakes specifically are a fairly recent thing (the term originated in 2017) - what Superman Returns did was to use outtakes from the Donner films and project the 2D footage onto a 3D model of Brando's head, which then had the mouth re-animated to match the archival audio they wanted to use in each shot.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow did something similar a few years earlier, and Forrest Gump met JFK back in the 90's, but Superman Returns is still a landmark in terms of creating a "new" performance for a deceased actor rather than just relying on archival footage as-is.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

We're in a holding pattern, ok? Just waiting on that Rebel Moon teaser. Let us trash WB/DC and any of their associates for wronging our guy please, it's all we have for now.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I completely forgot about Sky Captain. I really need to watch that again sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Zack Snyder is cursed to never have a netflix anime released.