Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

There's also a bit more of the Superman hologram shot. Diana and Arthur are looking at him flying and then it switches to Bruce looking at it. (hopefully this will put to rest all the "it's actually Supergirl because the legs are feminine" arguments). Also the shot of Silas Stone being disintegrated by the motherbox, it now has blood flowing from his nose when the process starts. There's also an additional shot of the batmobile mowing down parademons with it's machine guns and cannon.

Ah yeah, thought that Batmobile shot was new too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah by my count: the extra footage of Superman hologram starting to fly, Vic watching the kid's play football from the window, the wide shot of Darkseid gathering energy (?), the shot of Hippolyta with the cube, maybe Batman mowing down parademons with the batmobile?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Thanks all!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
My 4 year old son makes me play the trailer for him multiple times a day so I was able to make out every tiny difference lol. They cut out maybe a second of Silas Stone dying, following the laser from the emitter to the motherbox, and I'm like noooo why did they cut that precious second

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Here's the link to the stream so you don't have to use the app:

https://vero.co/events/usunited

edit - hmm it only seems to be working on the app

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 17, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Mr. Apollo posted:

Here's the link to the stream so you don't have to use the app:

https://vero.co/events/usunited

edit - hmm it only seems to be working on the app

It's working in a browser for me. Thanks for the link, btw!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

thrawn527 posted:

It's working in a browser for me. Thanks for the link, btw!
Good, it's working now for me too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Speed Force. HE SAID SPEED FORCE. HE SAID THE THING!

Kidding aside, it's super interesting listening to Snyder nerd out about Flash, and how Flash has to be super careful with his power, because moving too fast could literally take the flesh off of the people he's trying to save.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

He pointedly refused to expand on the graveyard shot with Cyborg that we all picked up on.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I always enjoy the sound effects during Zack's livestreams.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

josh04 posted:

He pointedly refused to expand on the graveyard shot with Cyborg that we all picked up on.

Yeah, I kept waiting for him to say anything about it, like talk about the background maybe? And he only referenced the angel statue to the right and then moved on.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

He said something along the lines of "I'm not going to talk about this one" when it first came on.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

josh04 posted:

He said something along the lines of "I'm not going to talk about this one" when it first came on.

Oh I missed that. Fair enough, then, if he has a reason and was upfront about it.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
He said the same thing about the Flash seeing that explosion. Of course, thanks to insider info we know that that explosion took out the whole Justice League and the Flash isn't affected because of whatever the specifics of his powers are (his "molecules vibrate" or something?!) and it'll spur him to go back in time and fix things

E: oops do we know that? Censored just in case

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

2house2fly posted:

He said the same thing about the Flash seeing that explosion. Of course, thanks to insider info we know that that explosion took out the whole Justice League and the Flash isn't affected because of whatever the specifics of his powers are (his "molecules vibrate" or something?!) and it'll spur him to go back in time and fix things

E: oops do we know that? Censored just in case

Also as he's running, each one of his foot steps is creating new realities

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1328753913294557185
https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1328762606543380480

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
https://twitter.com/jonbernhardt/status/1328766140416454658?s=20

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr. Apollo posted:

I always enjoy the sound effects during Zack's livestreams.

Same, lmao.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I pray for the poor souls who have to fix the intersections on that thing.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Get the blades tiny enough and do it as a particle sim?

Violator
May 15, 2003

I missed the trailer event, is Snyder breaking things down archived anywhere? I don't see it on his Vero feed.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I have to say I'm disappointed that Steppenwolf's face isn't also a weird insectile metal thing as per the concept art.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
like a skinny thanos sorta

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

I missed the trailer event, is Snyder breaking things down archived anywhere? I don't see it on his Vero feed.
Vero said they'd put up a copy of the stream later on their YouTube channel like they did for the MoS and BvS watch parties.

edit - Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDGbownsCs

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 17, 2020

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jimbot posted:

I don't follow the Snydercut stuff much anymore since it's a done deal and I don't need those folks to see them retweeting bits and little details from Zack Snyder and the rest of the crew (them getting super defensive over criticisms of the films were a small price to pay to see that sweet sweet concept art) but a few of them are getting super pissy over Variety and some other comic book news places taking some quotes from Zack Snyder out of context or something?

edit:

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1328405258339373056

release the fucken kwaste cut you cowards

Violator
May 15, 2003

HBO also released the updated teaser in a color version. The Superman flying hologram is pretty neat looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIOU_k4mwDw

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Ferrinus posted:

I have to say I'm disappointed that Steppenwolf's face isn't also a weird insectile metal thing as per the concept art.

Me too.

I rarely post, but just want to thank you all for being a positive group. Most superhero film discussions have people being jerks because you like the wrong superhero film. This thread is a nice change.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
As someone who has zero knowledge of "Hallelujah" or Leonard Cohen, I still really dig that teaser cut's rhythm, and how it's pretty much Snyder's love letter to those who continue to believe in him.

roffels posted:

Me too.

I rarely post, but just want to thank you all for being a positive group. Most superhero film discussions have people being jerks because you like the wrong superhero film. This thread is a nice change.

Post more please :)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

roffels posted:

Me too.

Agreed. It's nice to have a place to post about Snyder stuff where we can just say, "Hey, this is cool."

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Ferrinus posted:

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I ❤️
Z S

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The face itself isn't actually much different from what's in some of the concept art, it's just less blended with the helmet, which creates a jarring juxtaposition when you have a fleshy face peeking out from a mass of shiny metal. The armor also seems to be able to morph a bit - the shot of him landing on Themyscira seems to have it grow more spikes and shift to cover more of his face so this may represent a peeled-back version of his suit.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ferrinus posted:

Same. I was hoping for some kind of completely alien metal thing rather than armor

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Snyder mentioned something in his trailer walk through today about that exactly! (What robot style posted)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

MacheteZombie posted:

Snyder mentioned something in his trailer walk through today about that exactly! (What robot style posted)
Yeah Snyder said that the armor can react to his emotional state and threats. Kind of like how Cyborg’s armor started reacting to Clark at Heroes Park. He gave some examples like the armor being able to “catch” arrows when he’s fighting the Amazons

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like Steppenwolf's tiny grumpy face.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

My Twitter feed is a weird juxtaposition between leftist shiposting, Snyder earnestness and steppenwolf memes.

I like that he has a grumpy face.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

hump day bitches! posted:

My Twitter feed is a weird juxtaposition between leftist shiposting, Snyder earnestness and steppenwolf memes.

I like that he has a grumpy face.

It's super weird seeing people who aren't like 50 saying it's like a video game. It's also weird that people are saying that and it's not 2005. I saw one saying 'it's like an early 2010s video game' when, in 2011, we had Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 and both looked and look loving incredible.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i think the comparisons to the cover art of graphics cards is better tbh

rtx on // rtx off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

It's super weird seeing people who aren't like 50 saying it's like a video game. It's also weird that people are saying that and it's not 2005. I saw one saying 'it's like an early 2010s video game' when, in 2011, we had Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 and both looked and look loving incredible.

I saw people comparing it to Arkham Asylum, which looks great but also it’s an incredible wet and shiny game, full of colour and cartoony as hell , the same thing they accuse Snyder of not getting.

It’s a roundabout way of saying I don’t like it but also makes look you mature and cool, and above the fact that you are posting on Twitter about superhero comics while red and mad.

Also there’s quite a serious discussion about how is going to sink the studio, which is kind of hilarious as they sunk 100M in this stuff after expecting and planning for a 4 to 5 billion loss in the first 4 to 5 years of hbo Max life.Less than 2% of the losses and probably cheaper than the last season of game of thrones.Also so far, entirely organic ad campaign they have not invested a cent on.

Somehow Warner has gotten value out of a catastrophic movie that alienated its core audience, made them a joke, got a bunch of execs fired and torpedoed a bunch of their most valuable IP’s just by letting Snyder vibe out of control on his own and a bunch of nerds doing marketing for free.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 18, 2020