Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

CineD Snyderdome: I don't care about Main stream this is for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Blood Boils posted:

Yeah, and it's a perfect example of something that satirizes itself in spite of it's authour's intentions. Like 300

Not to rehash this argument again, but the satire in 300 is most likely intentional, considering Snyder said you're not meant to relate to the spartans

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

McCloud posted:

Not to rehash this argument again, but the satire in 300 is most likely intentional, considering Snyder said you're not meant to relate to the spartans

He's talking about the 300 comic, I think.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

He's talking about the 300 comic, I think.

Ooh, yeah that makes more sense

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Frank "I'm the goddamned Batman" Miller has long been a source of unintentional parody.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

CineD Snyderdome: I don't care about Main stream this is for you

Hell yeah

I didn’t know if I was gonna be able to make it to gym day today, I went to my first punk show in years the other night, was out till 2:00, got like 4 hours of sleep before pulling a 10 - 6 getting oriented behind concessions at the local AMC being hungover and sore as gently caress all over all on a Father’s Day constant rush, going home and passing out immediately and waking up to my alarm at 6:30 still sore as poo poo.

But I thought what daddy Snyder would say. He’d say, “Hit that rack.” And I did cause you can’t let daddy down.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Rehash! Rehash! Rehash! - a common cry in the Snyderdome

Yah I meant Miller and the comic :p

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

K. Waste posted:

daddy Snyder

I'm glad you got to the gym but this is gross.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Dreqqus posted:

No it's not.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Dreqqus posted:

We call him zaddy for short

mmmmalo
Mar 30, 2018

Hello!
Watched Snyder's Owl Movie; gorgeous film. My main complaint would be that it feels a bit disjointed after the initial jailbreak, but even the jerkiness of its later transitions are deployed ironically at times. Like at the very end of the film, where Soren is still aghast and trembling at having just killed a man, but instead of ending on a dour musing on the horrors of war we suddenly cut to the upbeat kids movie montage ending? Hilarious

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

Apparently Cyborg’s dad died in Snyder’s JL.

This is from a scene where Steppenwolf steals a motherbox from Star Labs during a fight with Cyborg and some of the other heroes. He does not, as in the Whedon's version, find it in a parking lot.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They paved paradise 
And put up a parking lot 

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

what's that, a scientist dissolving into nothing behind a locked door?

sounds familiar

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Watchmen has such a wonderful look.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DC Murderverse posted:

what's that, a scientist dissolving into nothing behind a locked door?

sounds familiar

Someone mentioned that in the Vero thread and Snyder replied with something like “well yeah, of course. It’s an awesome scene”

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder posted this the other day. A young Uxas attempting to conquer Earth. Apparently the line in the JL trailer that said “No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonians.” was Darkseid talking to Steppenwolf explaining why the time was right to re-invade Earth.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I assume this is the state the CGI is currently in with regards to what's left of Snyder's version of the film.

Honestly I'll watch the film even in a state like that. Hell if Endgame can re-release with a scene that has even worse CGI and the theatrical cut of JL has the awful moustache removal then kinda crappy unfinished CGI should really be acceptable by now.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Mr. Apollo posted:

Snyder posted this the other day. A young Uxas attempting to conquer Earth. Apparently the line in the JL trailer that said “No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonians.” was Darkseid talking to Steppenwolf explaining why the time was right to re-invade Earth.

This would have been so good. So much better than what we ended up with. :negative:

AFoolAndHisMoney posted:

I assume this is the state the CGI is currently in with regards to what's left of Snyder's version of the film.

Honestly I'll watch the film even in a state like that. Hell if Endgame can re-release with a scene that has even worse CGI and the theatrical cut of JL has the awful moustache removal then kinda crappy unfinished CGI should really be acceptable by now.

:same:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Someone on Facebook posted it sync'd up with the final frame from Justice League as-released:

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Mr. Apollo posted:

Apparently the line in the JL trailer that said “No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonians.” was Darkseid talking to Steppenwolf explaining why the time was right to re-invade Earth.
That was Steppenwolf talking to Desaad. He was trying to convince Desaad that he could successfully invade Earth to get the Anti-Life Equation.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

josh04 posted:

Someone on Facebook posted it sync'd up with the final frame from Justice League as-released:

woof

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Robot Style posted:

That was Steppenwolf talking to Desaad. He was trying to convince Desaad that he could successfully invade Earth to get the Anti-Life Equation.
Ah, ok.

lol, they just swapped the characters.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I’m a little surprised how human Darkseid looks. Snyder’s original Steppenwolf design was pretty alien compared to what he eventually turned into.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Well the images are just sketches, possibilities not final images

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

That is the final asset though (or at least as final as it got before the character was cut). It looks like an animation playblast, so it's not fully rendered, but it's accurate to what he would have looked like in the movie.

I saw some concept art of a second look for him (for his appearance at the end of the film), where he was wearing armor similar in style to Steppenwolf's BvS look. That interlocking shards of metal design was supposed to be used with all the Apokolips characters, but the only ones who retained it were the alien priests who used the motherboxes in the flashback scene (who are very similar to what Desaad would have ended up looking like).

One thing I like about Darkseid's design for the film that isn't immediately apparent in that image is that the omega symbol on his chest is actually a part of his bone structure rather than just a costume element.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Robot Style posted:

One thing I like about Darkseid's design for the film that isn't immediately apparent in that image is that the omega symbol on his chest is actually a part of his bone structure rather than just a costume element.

Oh poo poo, I see it now. That's loving cool.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

Oh poo poo, I see it now. That's loving cool.

New thread title in a just world.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Robot Style posted:

So he's got, like, steroid chest?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I really like the brutalistic aesthetics for the new gods. Like, that's so fittingly mythological. Darkseid doesn't just look like a big hunky supervillain... he kind of just looks like some barbarian thug? But then his kid is a loving wolf-lizard-devil thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

He looks like X-Men's Apocalypse

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

He looks like X-Men's Apocalypse

x-men's apocalypse looks like darkseid :colbert:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Brother Entropy posted:

x-men's apocalypse looks like darkseid :colbert:

In an unjust world where both Thanos and Apocalypse beat Darkseid to film.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Cyborg visiting his mother’s grave and punching the ground after seeing his family restored in the Motherbox vision. He realizes that he can’t bring his mother back and he is stuck the way he is.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Wow.

Snyder is releasing everything on B&W, but I wonder how these things would look in the original color as would be presented in the film.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

Wow.

Snyder is releasing everything on B&W, but I wonder how these things would look in the original color as would be presented in the film.

There are some people on Reddit who are recoloring the pictures.

Apparently Cyborg’s arc was lose himself and his mother > lose his father > accept himself for who is is now > embrace the JL as his new family

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Apollo posted:

Cyborg visiting his mother’s grave and punching the ground after seeing his family restored in the Motherbox vision. He realizes that he can’t bring his mother back and he is stuck the way he is.

Some Plan 9 vibes here.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Some Plan 9 vibes here.

Maybe it looked better in color? Otherwise, oof, that does not look good.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Larry Fong, who didn’t work on JL, posted a few comments that he really liked the scene and it was too bad that it was cut from the film. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Davros1 posted:

Maybe it looked better in color? Otherwise, oof, that does not look good.

Yeah, it's very Sin City/Sleepy Hollow. Weird choice. On another note, surely everyone has noticed by now that Joss Whedon pretty much cut the black dude out of the movie.