Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hate spiders but would probably risk it if the planet I lived on was at risk. Weird character trait that probably could use a modern shakeup tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The nerd projection on to Snyder is the funniest thing in the world. I wonder what portion of the criticism would disappear if he looked like Joss Whedon.

MOS is pretty clearly environmentalist and anti colonial. You probably can’t get Russel Crowe to be in a pro fascist movie. But because Snyder said he appreciated Rand it MUST BE an objectivist story.

I hope he makes the Rand adaptations and it’s forty minutes of Galt pissing himself in slow motion.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Important to keep in mind that Snyder also has studied art at a minimum college level so is probably aware of things being able to be nuanced.

All that soft light and renaissance posing is no mistake. Excalibur being referenced everywhere in BvS is also a blatant comment on morality and subjectivity. Things can be bad and inspiring. Bad poo poo is real and pretending that seeing Metropolis getting microwaved like a spoon is alarming and intense. It’s like that on purpose.

well why not fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 8, 2019

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The main thing that’s really truly endorsed in his DC films is sex with very muscular men. I’m sure there’s a property out there that could synergise with that strength. Perhaps whatever Jo Jo is.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

302 is not an aspect of 300 it is a sequel and was not considered at all when 300 was made. This is important to remember in a streaming serial world.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

K. Waste posted:

He co-wrote it, so yes.

Also, 302's end credits song is a remix of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs." They knew exactly what they were doing.

It owns when a movie actively disrespects the audience

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

So what’s the consensus on Sucker Punch then?

300 is satiric, MOS is misunderstood. What’s the story with SP.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

would you vote for zack snyder? Would you vote for him over joss? I’m interested in his shirtless men policies but am concerned about his views on spray painted abs.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

SimonCat posted:

Bruce Wayne is supposed to be the peak of physical condition. That said, what does that look like? I remember a set of photos displaying the physics of Olympic athletes from many different sports, and there was a huge variety of physics displayed depending on what the person specialized in.

He’d look like a young Jackie Chan.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It’s not clear that war is inevitable, about a book named and designed, with a reference to - on every page - the doomsday clock.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I had assumed that the assassination attempt was at least a partial setup with a supplied gun, one bullet and some warning etc.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

incredible that the Snyder thread is now mirroring it’s master and just admiring jacked dudes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Thick. Solid. Tight.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The whole “no grey zone” thing is completely an affectation. He bends his quote unquote rules pretty often.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

BvS owns look at how great the lighting is on that top shot. I do hope they release a good version of JL. I’ve seen BvS two or three times in the ultimate edition form but missed JL. If they do drop a Snyder version I’ll for sure check it out.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lol at Momoa almost ruining this marketing push. I may be wrong but he doesn’t seem like a guy who reads the entire contract.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I’ve tried to figure out how to read DC comics in the past but I can’t get a handle on the New 52, Crisis on XYZ etc etc grouping. Comics need to be streamlined as an industry.

A monthly year long schedule is crazy. Limited series make so much more sense. Comics are kinda mostly lovely which doesn’t help.

Funny and sad that the same problems that plague comics (insane continuity, weird reinterpretations, creator switches) now are mirrored in the adaptations.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don’t think it needs support I think this is a phoney grass roots movement and a pretty cynical marketing stunt. I want to see the movie but it’s a bit gauche to pretend that this is not planned by WB.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You’re definitely not the only person who take this stuff on in an emotional sense. I’ve known quite a few people who relate just the same. It’s ok to choke up about superhero movies.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

My fave was “You were never a god. You were never even a man”. It’s so cold and sums up where Bruce’s mind is at so succinctly. It’s also a sick burn.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Shazam was intolerable because the lead was basically a buff Jimmy Fallon. Absolute painful to watch but there were a few highlights and the kid actors did well.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1196212457368379403?s=20

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mads just hanging in the casting hallway, smoking and wearing an orange tracksuit and Death Stranding hat next to five hundred 22 year old Disney TV stars.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He’s a hero in Rogue One. Sucks to be a good guy destined to play monsters due to looking like the loving devil.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

There's a Smallville of all things where a Zod based cult is building a tower that will give him his Kryptonian powers back after he had been made mortal. They tell Clark there's nothing he can do about it, it's all legal.

Clark says "ok gently caress that I'm not going to just watch them bring back Zod" and destroys the whole thing with heat vision from a nearby tower. The reviewer for the show from the largest Superman fan site of the time quit in disgust at this lack of respect for property rights.

:gop: this one is incredible. I’d rather be enslaved by aliens than see someone’s property rights disrespected.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

this but scored by JXL

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

shut up everyone, here's a video of Cavill working out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSzlgybdkFA

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Nike’s “A Little Less Conversation” advertisement but it’s badminton.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

zack snyder

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Important note for this thread: Excalibur owns bones and looks unlike any other movie

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Basically going on /fit/ for more than twenty minutes will cook your brain way faster than you’d expect a fitness forum to.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Tom Cruise is x or y as a person or an actor but if you put on one of his movies at random there’s a better chance it’ll be somewhere from good to great than any other actor, probably ever.

He’s got an insane hit ratio.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cavill as George Washington just to really gently caress off the freeaboos

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Ripped hotties in the trailer, fat slobs in the release. Lure them into thinking it’s 300 then just present a list of which owned the most to least slaves.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

so you guys want Snyder to do Hamilton

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I was teasing but now ... yeah I’d be into it. probably would take down reddit once and for all

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Eisenberg doing Zuck is funny because since the movie came out Zuckerberg has gotten more and more creepy and frightening so Luthor seems left behind.

FYI Zuck is now professing his Christianity so he can likely run for office.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Teens love Seinfeld. 90s nostalgia and streaming mean it’s still popular. Friends is too.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It must loving hurt to know everyone loathes him and his product lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I don’t understand how people slavishly excavate MCU movies for hidden secrets but are certain that Snyder or Bay accidentally made anti-war movies. Are directors capable or not, internet ??