Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://twitter.com/joss/status/1107897593256964096

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

They asked Joss if he would recast Superman since Batman was being recast.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 19, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Did anyone watch the DotD Q & A? Snyder was talking a bit about all the death threats and hate mail he received because he made “running zombies”. He said “I had no idea that people took zombies so seriously.”

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Watchman Q&A is going on right now and Snyder is talking about criticisms of his portrayal of superheros and Batman in particular. He's saying the he had people come up to him and get mad because "their" Batman would never kill anyone. He said "I'd tell them that's cool but you're living in a dream world."

He said he wanted to create "realistic" superheros. He said that no normal person is going to go out and do the things Batman does and going out and operating outside of the justice system to capture and stop criminals that the police can't is going to require someone to be brutal. He said something like "Is it a good thing? gently caress no but it's the only way they could operate and I don't get people who can't see that."

He also said he has seen all the Marvel movies and enjoys them "but there should be room to be able to do something different. There's more than one way to do characters especially those who have been around as long as many comic book characters have."

On Superman he said the he is a extremely good person who only wants to help people and the world and you never have to worry about him screwing you over. He said the Clark could have easily killed anyone at any point of his life, not intentionally but purely by accident; especially as a child. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes about the goodness of his character and the way he was raised by his parents.

He said that Superman genuinely wants to help people and the world and he is frustrated because people want him to only help "their side". He said Superman represents Truth, Justice, and the American Way 'whatever that means". Truth and Justice are not the exclusive property of any one group and Superman really wants to represent what those ideals mean, not just saying them or representing the ideals that one side wants to force on others.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 24, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Audience Member: "What the hell happened with Justice League?"
Zack Snyder: "Yeah, that's a good question."

Snyder is explaining what his original idea for JL was and how the script was all written before BvS came out but after the "small but extremely vocal" group of people "went crazy" about BvS the studio forced them to rewrite JL as a single move and to take out "crazy dark stuff". JL was supposed to be a 3 part movie and the second part was supposed to be in the distant future where Darkseid had won and Batman, Flash, and Cyborg are working on time travel to try and undo Darksied's victory.

He said on of his ideas about time travel is that the person travelling moves through time but not physical space so when you time travel you have to do it on the same day that you want to jump to because the Earth has to be at the same spot in its travel around the sun otherwise you'll end up in space.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 25, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Because people still think Snyder is a dude bro flex lord doucebag idiot fratboy.
I wonder if it's because he likes to work out and will often post photos or video clips of him exercising. He also apparently has social anxiety so when he's talking in groups he'll sometime talk really fast and use "like" a lot. Some people have said he "sounds like a valley girl".

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

People are really mad at Snyder for "destroying their childhood heroes".

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Guy A. Person posted:

The "it's probably no coincidence that chuds like DC and hate the MCU :smug:" take was lukewarm poo poo, but most of the other points in the thread were at the very least cognizant of personal preference. They don't seem all that riled up.

Also yeah is that Snyder rant from the BvS interview? Cause it's pretty rambling hahaa
It's from the Watchman Q&A. I don't know if it's true or not but people were saying that he had "a few drinks" during the pre-Q&A meet and greet session because he has social anxiety and is very nervous in front of crowds.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Someone asked Snyder what his favorite Spider-Man movie was he he said "Spider-Man 2".

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DC Murderverse posted:

i think maybe the "lost your virginity" line sounds really close to calling nerds a bunch of virgins (even though I don't think that's exactly what he means) but I think his point is solid.
I don’t know if people are deliberately taking the quote out of context but if you watch the preceding 2 - 3 minutes it’s obvious that he’s talking about Watchmen. I watched all 3 Q & As and in reference to this quote he started off by talking about Watchmen and how he doesn’t understand how people could see that movie and be surprised by his take on super heros. He said that people should see Watchmen first to understand his point of view that he thinks the superhero mythos is “broken” and that in the real world there’s no way they could be such perfect people and the world wouldn’t universally praise their actions.

When he says “lose your virginity” he was specifically talking about being introduced by Watchmen to his POV on superheros.

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm actually really fascinated by the whole "My heroes didn't loving lie to America" bit. Like, it sounds like he's angry about something more than just superheroes there.
When he was talking about Superman during the Watchmen Q & A he said something like how Superman really embodies the true ideals of “truth, justice and, oh yeah, the American way *scoffs* whatever that means”.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 26, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Apparently people are now admitting that Batman has killed people in the past so the new thing going around is that Burton’s and Nolan’s take on Batman as well as the early Batman stories are all “bad takes” because he kills people.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I read that io9 article and the comments are really something else. I know people joke about people acting like someone murdered their family but that’s how a lot of these commentators are acting.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Gal Gadot is the one who came up with the idea of WW smiling and "asking for more" after getting knocked down. Synder asked her why she reacted like that and Gadot said that WW is a warrior and enjoys fighting.

quote:

"I did that," said Gadot about her acting choice. "I remember after we did that take, [director] Zack [Snyder] came to me and he said, 'Did you just have a smirk?' I said 'Yeah.' And he asked, 'Why? I think I like it, but why?' 'Well if [Doomsday's] gonna mess with her, then she's gonna mess with him. And she knows she's gonna win.' At the end of the day Wonder Woman is a peace seeker. But when fight arrives, she can fight. She's a warrior and she enjoys the adrenaline of the fight."

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

rear end Warfare

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Isn't that the guy who said "no one noticed the major character who died in Suicide Squad' and then when everyone asked if he meant Diablo he just left the thread?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

MacheteZombie posted:

And also the "the family in front of zod died and superman snapped his neck for no reason"
oh right that too

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Jimbot posted:

I'm curious to know what would lose Hbomb more subscribers: a Zack Snyder video that's positive or his Star Wars Prequel defense video.
10 Reasons Why Zack Snyder Should Direct the Next Star Wars Movie

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1110633149287944192

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

garycoleisgod posted:

When I watched Starship Troopers the satire didn't click for me until Doogie Howser showed up dressed as a Nazi and then it clicked.
I remember when I saw Starship Troopers in the theatre everyone was taking it seriously and say “cool” and stuff like that until Doogie showed up in his SS outfit and then everyone burst out laughing.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

From a couple of pages back, but this is really good.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Flesnolk posted:

Why are all fitness personalities and such full on fash, anyway? Never seen one that was even liberal.
Probably because their whole professional life has been a validation of might makes right. Strength=success and anyone who isn’t successful obviously isn’t strong enough and that’s their fault for not working out enough.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder had cast Ray Porter to play Darkseid.

https://theexilesnetwork.wordpress.com/2019/04/09/ray-porter-was-cast-as-darkseid-in-zack-snyders-justice-league/

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Apparently there was supposed to be a whole Ares vs. Darkseid fight sequence in JL.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's also funny to see the clickbait articles about how "DC movies are good now" calling Snyder's movies flops when they all made a profit. Even Suicide Squad did really well. The only flop was Justice League and that was not a Zack Snyder film.

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't that even a 'flop' to the tune of hundreds of millions?

Whenever I bring this up I’m usually told that a movie starring the 3 biggest and most well know comic book characters should have been the highest grossing movie of all time. It should have easily made several billion dollars and the fact that it didn’t even break $1 billion shows how poorly it was received by audiences.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Jimbot posted:

Is that interview why the Snydercut fanbase are super active lately or did something else happen?
Basically since Snyder did the Q & A sessions and said the Syndercut exists and it’s up to WB if they ever want to release it, the Snydercut has been more active. Snyder has also been posting production stills of the Snydercut and commenting on how his version was different than what we got.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

Anything super interesting lately? I keep up with his Vero photo posts but don’t see a lot of his comments.
Nothing in particular. Mainly just him confirming a lot of rumours that he already touched on in the Q&A session that was live streamed. Like he said that yes, he filmed a mid-credits scene with two Lanterns in Bruce Wayne’s bedroom. Although one thing he never does is disclose who he cast in the various roles.

K. Waste posted:

Sumo deadlifts or great but I need to get a pair of shin covers. That bar is murder if you roll it into your legs.
Speaking of the gym, Snyder posted this today with the caption “6:00am”.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 26, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Apparently Cyborg’s dad died in Snyder’s JL.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I also posted these in the general comic book discussion thread. Snyder posted a couple of shots from his JL today.

A young Darkseid using the Anti-Life Equation

Victor Stone being projected inside the Motherbox.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder said in the JL trailer when you hear someone scream "Barry!" that's when Cyborg is projected inside the Motherbox. It happens after the League's first attempt at time travel and the burst of energy from the resulting attempt is what causes Cyborg to be projected into the mother box.

Also, someone told Snyder that he should be posting this stuff on Reddit and Twitter to get mainstream media attention and to get people to realize what his vision was.

His reply:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

Was there even time travel in the theatrical JL? I don’t remember.

Thanks for posting this here. :)
Nope that was all taken out.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

DC Murderverse posted:

what's that, a scientist dissolving into nothing behind a locked door?

sounds familiar

Someone mentioned that in the Vero thread and Snyder replied with something like “well yeah, of course. It’s an awesome scene”

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder posted this the other day. A young Uxas attempting to conquer Earth. Apparently the line in the JL trailer that said “No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonians.” was Darkseid talking to Steppenwolf explaining why the time was right to re-invade Earth.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Robot Style posted:

That was Steppenwolf talking to Desaad. He was trying to convince Desaad that he could successfully invade Earth to get the Anti-Life Equation.
Ah, ok.

lol, they just swapped the characters.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Cyborg visiting his mother’s grave and punching the ground after seeing his family restored in the Motherbox vision. He realizes that he can’t bring his mother back and he is stuck the way he is.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Violator posted:

Wow.

Snyder is releasing everything on B&W, but I wonder how these things would look in the original color as would be presented in the film.

There are some people on Reddit who are recoloring the pictures.

Apparently Cyborg’s arc was lose himself and his mother > lose his father > accept himself for who is is now > embrace the JL as his new family

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Larry Fong, who didn’t work on JL, posted a few comments that he really liked the scene and it was too bad that it was cut from the film. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Robot Style posted:

From what I heard while working on it, Joss hated every character except Wonder Woman, but especially Cyborg.
I guess that's why Diana got a boob joke and several butt shots.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

You can now check out Snyder’s Vero posts without installing the app.

You still need the app to post replies though.

https://vero.co/zacksnyder

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

From my understanding and what I’ve seen it was always all CGI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Snyder Cut chat reminded me of this quote from Gadot:

quote:

Look. Joss, to my understanding, was Zack's choice to finish the movie. And the tone can't be completely different because the movie was already shot. Joss is just fine-tuning.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2017/08/25/justice-league-gal-gadot-pregnant-reshoots/