Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Where's the Snyder Cut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

For video evidence of the man saying it himself:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvbF-JtAfQ-/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

"There is a cut. And its done. Just gotta get it out"

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I assume this is the state the CGI is currently in with regards to what's left of Snyder's version of the film.

Honestly I'll watch the film even in a state like that. Hell if Endgame can re-release with a scene that has even worse CGI and the theatrical cut of JL has the awful moustache removal then kinda crappy unfinished CGI should really be acceptable by now.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Having seen Stranger Things which part are you talking about and what do you mean by a Martha moment?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Isn't Richard Cetrone one of Snyder's go to stuntmen? Is this basically a movie made up of Snyder's second unit like sort of what John Wick was to the Matrix?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Is the Alfred-Atlas Shrugged bit supposed to be more dishonest Zack Snyder is Objectivist garbage?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

COME TOGETHER!

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Alexa play Come Together

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Lord Krangdar posted:

I feel like John Stewart would fit ZS's world much better. Not specifically for diversity, but just in terms of personality. I'd cast Yahya Abdul-Mateen.

But he's already Black Manta?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

gently caress yes so deep in it :gizz:

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Mr. Apollo posted:

Possible ZSJL spoilers

Here’s a link to an Imgur gallery of a bunch of Parademon concepts.

https://imgur.com/a/LLp8D

A lot of them really go for the horror angle. Some of them also share a lot of design similarities with Cyborg’s design which I thought was cool. Most of the designs have 4 arms (2 humanoid and 2 insect like) which is like Cyborg’s early designs showing him able to “grow” two extra arms.

Why am I getting screenshots from GTA?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Fight! Fight! Fight!

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

The number of comments online calling Ray Fisher a diva in response to this is upsetting

Imagine believing a corporation's official statement on anything. Also imagine not just defending corporate interests but doing it for free.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Men are still good

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

That tweet by Diane Nelson looks to have been deleted, what did it say?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Oh poo poo I just realised the original tweet was specifically about comic writers not general fans and therefore the implication is that Johns was similarly abusive of writers on the comics side.

I've liked more than my fair share of Johns' comics work but gently caress that guy.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Another funny thing here: they're silent about Rick Famuyiwa, who undoubtedly ran into this bullshit and got bounced off The Flash because it was supposed to be at least in part about police brutality.

Nah that’s too dark and dour, superheroes are supposed to be FUN!

I wanna see more funny man PMC war criminal who bombs the Middle East And recruits young boys and arms them with military tech and drones but says a funny while he does it. Oh wait now he’s Jesus or something.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

At least there's some common ground

Common ground between one film which links a working class immigrant who uses his powers to help people to messianic overtones while another links a capitalist billionaire known for exploiting the working class, colluding with the government in middle eastern war crimes, who makes a habit of not sharing his technology or gifts with the greater world and gleefully indulges in drone strikes and drone technology suddenly being considered a heroic messianic saviour?

Yeah you can really see how similar in values each film series is.

EDIT: the Whedon rep wants to counter the colour correction thing but say nothing about the other allegations like threatening a colleagues career or removing all POC from the movie?

AFoolAndHisMoney fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 30, 2020

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Snyder does what Joss Whedon’t

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/DieRobinsonDie/status/1341022241044180992

I guess this is Superman now. Yikes. Looking forward to the hours of youtube videos of how this is a supreme betrayal of what Superman is and how the writers responsible for this are terrible human beings who don't get the character.

(And they'd have a point)

What comic is this from? I dropped Superman after the Pak/Yang era which involved Superman standing up to the police and destroying drones and just generally being a cool dude while comic fans insisted he was poo poo because reboot. Is this more recent than that?

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

My ideal would be Ultimate without the Flash time travel scene which is confusing if you don't really know DC, the JL teasing sequence that gets in the way of the pacing of the film and, tbh, the Knightmare scene which as much as I love gets in the way of BvS being able to stand on its own as it's own movie and not just a teaser for justice league.

That alone would bring it down to like 2.5hrs to 2 hours and 45 minutes which is a pretty easy and self contained watch.

But otherwise I would say the Ultimate is the better film. The theatrical is about the world reacting to Superman whereas the Ultimate puts the focus back on Superman dealing with the world reacting to him which gives him much more of a role in the film. Also while a lot of subplots are easy enough to follow in the theatrical it really does make a difference being told that the Senate are mad at Superman disrupting a CIA black ops mission in Nairomi as opposed to actually being shown a whole sequence of the CIA trying to cover up their gently caress up with a convenient drone strike and Superman tearing that poo poo down. The whole Ultimate edition is full of stuff that really shows and gives context to a lot of scenes compared to the theatrical and adds far more depth to things.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Hey I'll have you know that Warner Bros are very committed to racial equity!
Geoff Johns' ex-wife is black!

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

If it’s not too much to ask I too would like to join the church of Snyder and be baptised with a tag.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

They've been threatening this poo poo for years and at this point just loving do it so I can stop watching WB's garbage and just stick to watching Snyder's Netflix stuff instead. WB have a track record of being petty spiteful dicks who continued to obstruct Snyder even during the Snydercut production and have abused their workers and actors. I wouldn't put it past them to hijack a Flash film to turn it into a lovely retcon exercise to remove anyone they disliked.

I would've liked one more movie to resolve the loose ends and setups from ZSJL but at this point that'll never happen and it's pretty clear what that plot was going to be anyway so oh well. On to Rebel MooN!

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

gently caress Joss Whedon

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I understand you completely but then they just say "that's not a real Superman story. A real Superman story would let him find a way."

This line ends up giving away what a loving casual they are because there are plenty of stories where Superman has killed an existential threat to humanity because of course he would but people who say bullshit like this don't actually know Superman, they just love to act like they do.

In the comics alone Superman has killed Zod, Doomsday, Darkseid, Mageddon, many iterations of Brainiac and several other threats to humanity that I can't remember. In the Donner films he killed Zod and the Phantom zone criminals as well.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

James Gunn smugly commenting about how WB lets him do whatever he wants knowing full well the drama of Zack Snyder and other directors (David Ayer, Martin Campbell etc) and actors (Ray Fisher et al) and their clash with this garbage studio makes him come across as such a bootlicking piece of poo poo. I say this as someone who has liked a few movies he's done in the past including The Suicide Squad (haven't bothered with Peacemaker because I hated that character in the movie and don't care to watch a whole show about him)

It reminds me of when Alan Tudyk obliviously defended Joss Whedon with "Well I never saw anything and he was great to me!" amidst all the accusations that were coming out.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Darko posted:

The show makes Peacemaker a much better character than he was in the isolation of the movie.

I mean I saw the movie's Peacemaker as a fairly apt representation of American imperialism in foreign countries. Does the show give such a character his just desserts or does it try and humanise him/make him more redeemable?
I guess I ask because I don't have any interest in a show trying to find a human side to the most disgusting excesses of American jingoism.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

New CineD banner

This is beautiful.

I thought both those Oscar categories were the dumbest, most desperate gestures by the Academy ever to appease the Disney coporate overlords but the fact that it's loving Snyder taking them like a king and making everyone on twitter so mad is so cathartic.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Howdy my fellow Snyder cultists. I know this is super off topic but I feel like the dome has gone through all sorts of topics together like when we were all talking about serialised web stories.

On that note I thought I’d share that I’m getting my first comic published by Markosia Enterprises, the first (of 12) issues of which has come out now on Amazon Kindle, here’s a link to their website:

https://markosia.com/2022/06/09/samsara-1-on-comixology/

Please check it out if you’re keen. It’s a fantasy series set in a world inspired by India in the 1600s with a heavy emphasis on myth and religion and a blend of themes that evoke the style of works like Kingdom of Heaven and Avatar the Last Airbender. And I’ll be honest in saying that over the course of the series much of the visual style in my scripting was certainly inspired by Zack Snyder’s approach to visual storytelling and larger than life mythos. If that sounds interesting to you, please check it out!

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Awww thanks guys so much for the kind words. Part of me is tempted to make a thread in BSS to provide updates on upcoming chapters but I was a bit nervous it wouldn’t be all that active and kinda die out but if there’s interest I’m happy to do that there and take it out of the dome.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

who is this dude?

A known sexual assaulter.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

Snyder's Justice League kept using the ancient lamentation chant instead of Wonder Woman's electric harp theme too, what is the deal with that? Why are they allergic to that rad theme

I mean there were still plenty of electric cello moments in ZSJL too there was just a lot of ancient lamentation chants throughout the non action scenes or building up to the action beats.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Howdy fellow Snyderfans.

A few months back I linked a chapter to the first chapter of my new comic Samsara. Now the second chapter is out today! You can check it out here

Also to avoid spamming this thread with my comic any further here's a link to a thread I've made in BSS. I'll post ongoing updates there if the comic interests you and you want to keep reading.

Otherwise I'll stick to complaining about Hamada and those other WB goons and generally getting excited for Rebel Moon and trying to analyse every scene that comes out.

Still, I can't help but be excited about Henry Cavill coming back as Superman, who they choose as director and the direction they take obviously matters a great deal (I'd really like to never see the Joss Whedon style Cavillman ever again) but I'm still glad he's back.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I like Kingdom Come, the themes about 90s heroes vs the classics do have an annoying boomer vibe but there are other aspects that are interesting. And the ending where all superheroes give up their secret identities and just use their powers to be productive members of society instead of a police vanguard was great and I think would be a great ending to superheroes in general but would be a good ending in my opinion for Henry Cavill/Zack Snyder’s Superman and DC heroes - it would fit with the “they will join you in the Sun theme” so I wouldn’t mind if the movies eventually ended on that outcome.

Also is this guy a goon?

https://mobile.twitter.com/theeSNYDERVERSE/status/1443709157090201603?cxt=HHwWhsC4tYn1iokoAAAA

AFoolAndHisMoney fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 1, 2022

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

They already did a young Superman movie. It was called Man of Steel.

What new thing can Gunn bring to the table with a reboot within 9 years of the last film? This is the same as Battinson largely being a retread of the tone of Nolan’s Batman movies.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

teagone posted:

It's gonna be Smallville: Homecoming. Watch.

I can’t imagine a worse combination of two things I despise applied to Superman.

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Gunn is now trying to double down and pretend like his tweets are set to autodelete after some time. Apparently it’s less than a year lol? Maybe no one should search James Gunn delete tweets anytime soon and see why he might be paranoid about his previous comments?

Ray Fisher is a king though and I’m glad he’s still calling out WB no matter what changes. Can’t wait to see him in Rebel Moon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Should there be any meaning in the fact that it’s Supermans statue but clearly rebuilt after Doomsday shattered it instead of just using the original version from the start of BvS?

Like someone’s clearly gone to the effort of making it a reconstructed version instead of just reusing the established photos…but why? It was never rebuilt at the end of ZSJL and BvS clearly has a “if you seek his monument look around you” scene.