Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT'!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

well why not posted:

So what’s the consensus on Sucker Punch then?

300 is satiric, MOS is misunderstood. What’s the story with SP.

stumbling satire imo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

KVeezy3 posted:

I don't really see Sucker Punch as satiric, but how does it fail in that sense?

It's kinda like when a game days "don't fetch quests suck? Anyways do this fetch quest" when the point is to poke fun at a bad practice but it doesn't meaningfully enough distinguish itself from it

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

vseslav.botkin posted:

Snyder has said in interviews that the final cut of Sucker Punch was taken away from him; I'd be super curious to know what changes were made.

release the Snyder cut'!!!!

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

KVeezy3 posted:

Real good post. I've never seen this interpretation, and now it's going to be hard to read it in any other way.

It's a bit perverse the way people judge art in purely utilitarian ways in order to avoid the films themselves.

You're still talking around the film in a strained analogy. Please elaborate in specific details. What is the "bad practice", and how does the film fail to poke fun at it?

no dude you aren't my mom I don't think the movie accomplishes it's goals and is bad, I ain't doing homework

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

McCloud posted:

In other words you don't actually know what you're talking about. Cool, valuable input for this thread in Cinema Discussion

What's wrong with Warren?

dog its sucker punch its not cinema its a movie

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Grendels Dad posted:

Might I point you to this subforum if you want to not discuss poo poo. It was made specifically for babies like you.

It's also worth pointing out that Kal-El's mother is addressed as 'Lady' Lara. I don't remember any male Kryptonians being addressed as Lord or whatnot, but along with the capitalist bent, Krypton seems to comment on ossified monarchy which was a precursor to and wrapped up in capitalism.

im not a baby because i don't like a comic book movie lol grow up kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
like a skinny thanos sorta