Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeyhKWjQaKk

quote:

Superman never made any money
For saving the world from Solomon Grundy
And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man
Like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zack Snyder loving rules actually.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Slutitution posted:

My God Snyder fans are the worst.

Awww poor baby’s trolling didn’t work.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Slutitution posted:

The point is none of these happened, kiddo; The only potential film I'm worried about as "foisting propaganda" on the public is an adaptation of The Fountainhead Grimoire, which the acolyte Snyder adheres to. I never said he was spreading Objectivist bullshit through his other films (in part because barely knows how to communicate anything in his films). You just seem to have this weird fixture on criticism of Snyder's ideology or ignorance.

Oh.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Pa Kent speech is one of the best things in all superhero movies but some people just cannot wrap their minds around it. No matter how many paragraphs you type it all boils down to that one scene saying, "sometimes maybe people should die". Why play god? Clark at that point in his life is not ready to handle the burden of being a Super Man. He never really is until the Smallville fight where his mom is threatened.

The follow up speech in BvS where Pa Kent goes on about saving this one farm while the one down the road gets flooded because of your actions is also really important. It's impossible to be everywhere at every moment and sometimes bad things happen. That's life and sometimes I guess it's too real for some people.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They're not awful movies though. The only one that comes close to that description is Justice League and it was butchered up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Slutitution posted:

Example: Snyder had Superman break Zod's neck, which wasn't in the original version of the script. Bizarre.

You’re a general nuisance. Like a mosquito buzzing in our ears.

You have nothing to bring that hasn’t been said before. You’re boring. poo poo. At least CtH out some effort in their complaints.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zack Snyder loving rules and I wish more of his critics saw this.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's the usual echo chamber moderation. I've been probe'd plenty of times for it in the WoW threads on calling out bootlickers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Let us explore this stuff and stop censoring movies IMO. loving gatekeepers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wow, Paul Tompkins can gently caress off. Along with the rest of the stunted adults crying about this version of Batman.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, look closer - it's not kanji at all.

I think one of the biggest mistakes of Twitter and other social media platforms is giving a soapbox to the people who would fervently write in to Wizard magazine. At least it was contained back then but now this filth is all over the drat place.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't believe there is male gaze in that action scene - if you actually watch it and don't grab a frame it goes by really fast. It's nowhere near what we got in Justice League from Whedon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh no you've been called out.

https://twitter.com/a_man_in_black/status/1110393480818364416

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

"Circle-jerking"

What a loving twat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This moronic poo poo is infuriating. If anything these people are enemies of the left.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Autism Sneaks posted:

it wasn't even about cineD they're just mocking this thread. though yes CD is generally just as bad everyone else just has broader interests and shorter attention spans. you're obviously shook can I get you some chamomile?

"u mad" the poster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can we get back to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu_lw3cRz3k

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cease to Hope posted:

there is a price to be paid for outing bigots in tfr

No surprise the gun forums have a case of chud.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's because most people just fall back on TAS where the only death he brings is against robots. Just like in TMNT and other things. All these click-bait critics grew up with that so it's all they know - its gospel. They don't care for the comics. And being pigheaded snobs, if you dare deviate from it you'll get blown apart.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mel Mudkiper posted:

arguably the "no kill" rule is a concept meant to protect Batman as a character from being an explicit endorsement of vigilante murder against poor criminals by rich white elites rather than an implicit endorsement

which I think is what leads to the jarring imagery of Snyder as even the clear murders in the comics are always framed to be an act of justifiable "defense" while Snyder's films depicted them as explicit aggression

The car chase where he smokes the van and shoots at is defense as well since they begin firing at him and launching rockets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPc9bJrr-KA

Don't start none won't be none!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nothing illegal about hiring contractors to defend precious cargo

Do you also defend all the other times this happens in movies with the bad guys transporting their goods?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mel Mudkiper posted:

thats irrelevant to the point

Not really, Lex Corp runs an illegal side op with sciences and weird poo poo. Batman sniffed it out and is taking it down.

It's like taking down a mafia courier stealing gold. But oh no, its so legal - they sell wine!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

People take 300 at face value not realizing it's propaganda. Also Snyder hate is basically a meme now among grognards esp. since Marvel is much more successful. If it ain't Marvel's McDonalds movies it's trash.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cease to Hope posted:

but yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a fanboy with no taste, you got it in one.

Anyone who has disagreed hasn’t brought any good arguments is why.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I loving hate that dumb argument of, “why you hefff 2 be so MAD, it’s just comics on a dead GAAAAAAY comedy form yuck yuck yuck”

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The story of 300 IS fascist - and at the end we find out it’s a tall tale to rally the “real” army that Solid Snake is telling the troops about how mighty and great the Spartans were under Leonidas.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, Mel is cool.

This thread is just a slap fight now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Your boring is my best set pieces out of every single comic book movie.

Nothing in all of the MCU comes even close to the fights in MOS or BvS.

And the dourness is welcome - it’s a breath of fresh air to have a superhero movie with actual consequences. With actual weight to things.

Look at Avengers - half of them got snapped out of existence but it means nothing at all. There was stories of people openly weeping over Spider-Man’s speech as he’s fading away but it’s like: who cares? There’s no way in hell they keep him dead.

The only thing in all of the MCU that has weight is when Quill sends off Yondu.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cease pissed off the gun owners chat club. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That’s pretty much it.

Some comic book fans are toxic as hell and if you don’t satisfy their loving stupid needs you are subhuman.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joss Whedon loving SUCKS

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Smith is innocent and just a dude who stumbled into fame. He has a good heart (literally now, almost died from being fat but joined WW, went vegan and is looking great), loves weed, loves comics and is just having fun.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Stan Lee cameo in Captain Marvel giving him a bit of a shoutout was very sweet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bogus Adventure posted:

I still don't get how people can hate this movie. Dude adapted a comic that everyone else thought was unfilmable, and he arguably came up with a better ending than "space aliens that will never come" by making Dr. Manhattan look like the threat. He made Rorschach look like the puritanical psychopath Moore made him out to be, and it's not his fault that we live in a world where irony poisoning has made it so morons idolize monsters.

Gonna say that the Cult of Rorschach looks pretty interesting, and I'm suddenly interested in an HBO tv show for the first time since Eastbound & Down.

You need to get on top of Barry ASAP

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RBA Starblade posted:

I haven't gotten to that point but lmao it's going downhill p hard huh

Season 3 is REALLY good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Titans has some good highs but there were a few episodes I was just bored and it reminded me of CW schlock.

It's nowhere near as good as Doom Patrol but hopefully things get to that standard this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Chris D'Elia is there too (I saw him post it) - so I am pretty, pretty excited for this.