Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

This game is a disaster, and you’re all invited to the party. I have a bunch of really terrible (or genius, depending on your point of view) roles that I wanted to let fly. Many are convoluted. At least one is stolen wholesale from a game only one person here will have ever even heard of. Do not play this game if you require balanced setups. Do not play this game if you are afraid of quasi-bastard moderation (no outright lying, but definitely not a setup that just runs on its own.) There is technically a puzzle in this game, but for most players, it is a game that can be won in a...semi-normal fashion.

Overall Rules

Normal mafia rules exist, and even though they are going to be violated by many of the roles in this game, please do follow them unless your role has you break them. If you think I’m messing something up, feel free to message me. (That is a link, by the way; go read it if you need a refresher.)

• You may, however, continue posting until the start of the night phase. Be aware that the night starts as soon as I actually post the flip or when votefinder says it does, whichever comes first.

:siren: You are not free once you have died. There may be mechanisms for restoring dead players to life, or for the dead to contribute in other ways. Do not talk about this game even if you’re dead in it. :siren:

• Votefinder, while around, will by design not actually work correctly for this game. I’ll be tallying votes myself alongside SK’s precious code child.

Lurking and Scheduling

• Days are ~48 hours. Nights are ~24 hours, or until I’ve resolved all actions.

• Don’t sign up just to lurk, please. If you are ever under 7 x the previous in-game day # in terms of posts, you will be freely, publicly daykillable by any other player. (EX: On day 3, if you have less than 14 posts, you can be freely slaughtered, like the coward you are.) This is a dayaction using the format ##lurkerkill [player], where [player] is whoever the lurker dork happens to be.

• You escape this status by...posting more. Get back to the threshold, and you're safe again. Spamming will be frowned on, but not stopped. If you have extraordinary circumstances, I’ll happily listen. I will try to make clear who is killable at the end of each day.

Role Stuff

• This is role madness, but, like, actual madness. Call it setup madness, it's more accurate. Scumhunting is still worth it, though.

• Roles will, aside from the first 2, be chosen by player draft from a limited subset of the list of role names. The role draft order has been randomized by signup slot. Trust me, this makes more sense in practice.

• Don’t massclaim. In fact, you probably won't want to claim at all. He’s here to stop you. This is your only warning.

Win Conditions

• Almost everyone starts with at least two copies of their own win condition. If this is confusing, think of a win condition like a ring, and whoever wears that ring can win with whatever condition that ring gives them. Nearly everyone starts with two or more such rings.

• If you share anyone else’s win condition, you both win if that win condition is fulfilled. You may or may not remain in the game once you have won. You may be able to win twice over.

• If you have contradictory win conditions, you win based on whichever you have more of.

• If your win conditions do not contradict, or if you have an equal amount of contradictory conditions, you may win with either.

• If you would ever drop to zero win conditions, you are treated as having your last held win condition. It can no longer be taken or copied.

• The generic town wincondition is: “You are a member of the town, and you win if there no longer exist any antagonistic elements among the living.”

Everything Else

• Everyone who wants to be involved, either observing or playing, must join the following discord: https://discord.gg/EsbrfQp

• Feel absolutely free to ask questions privately if any of this doesn’t make sense. It might still not, after I answer, but I’ll do my best.

• The game will start once all slots are filled and I can work up the willpower to steer this metaphorical titanic into a metaphorical iceberg.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Player List:
  1. Asiina - WINNER
  2. A Sometimes Food
  3. Azurelana
  4. b-minus1
  5. chaoslord
  6. Chic Trombone
  7. Epsilon Plus
  8. Kashuno
  9. 28766f69642a2930
  10. Mr. Humalong
  11. OMGVBFLOL
  12. peramene
  13. Podima
  14. Rhjamiz
  15. Snooze Cruise
  16. Soaring Kestrel
  17. SolusLunes
  18. Tobbs Gnawed
  19. xiw

Replacements

Observers
    1. Max
    2. jimmydalad
    3. Sniper4625
    4. Bifauxnen
    5. Nep-Nep

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 12, 2019

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Didn’t read, signing up

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

thats a lot of words for "vanilla mafia"

sign me up

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m in

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sure, a nice simple game would be nice.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

yeah let's do this, I'm down for bad ideas

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
K let's see some hosed up poo poo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I really don't know why GX is playing up how hosed up this game is, it looks completely normal to me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Max posted:

I really don't know why GX is playing up how hosed up this game is, it looks completely normal to me.

in which all roles are chaining lynchbomb vengeful jesters, there is no scumteam, and 3p is a regular normal cop

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Sign me up I love role madness

Also I appreciate the lurker kill

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok fine I'll sign up.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
games with nonsensical bullshit roles thrown together with little care that are likely to blow up in someone's face? sign me the heque up

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Where the gently caress has moat been?

##voat Moat it rhymes

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

it me

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Am I allowed to join the observers or is that still under the player cap?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

dammit gx there isn't a space in my name why does everyone do that

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SolusLunes posted:

dammit gx there isn't a space in my name why does everyone do that

fixed

it you

jimmydalad posted:

Am I allowed to join the observers or is that still under the player cap?

just reached the halfway point, you're in

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Hook me up

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
i want...to watch...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Snooze Cruise posted:

orphan ellipsis

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I shouldn't poke fun, I never use ellipses...correctly.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Game win

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I wonder how many lynchers there will be.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I wonder how many lynchers there will be.

Depends if this game is set in Vidor, Texas or not

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh drat I forget to add “Don’t be a dick to other players, I can and will step in in private if things get ugly, but you can always PM or DM me if you’re concerned.”

Treat that as a rule/guideline too please

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
:newlol:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
also when is this closing/starting up?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Epsilon Plus posted:

Probs when we hit ~20

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
I like maddening games more than logical ones.

Consider me a player?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Epsilon Plus posted:

When all 20 people join the game, join the discord server, and allow me to contact them on there for the role draft thing I'm doing.

Game'll probably start when everyone has their role PMs, though I might not start until monday b/c super bowl

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
ok this is too good to pass up. put it in my rear end

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'd like to play. Or observe if there's no more room.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd like to play. Or observe if there's no more room.

Still 6 (or 7, I'm still not entirely sure what Snooze wants) slots, you're good to play.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I've been looking forward to this so loving much

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
This is a sign up post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

There's no gimmickry going on yet with the signup list, btw

I just have no idea what "..." means from snooze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

There's no gimmickry going on yet with the signup list, btw

I just have no idea what "..." means from snooze

I posted in a thread once and it wasn't counted as a signup and I was like :shrug: