Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

let us form a Sacred Compact, fellow questant Chic Trombone, and sally forth to fix the Machine of Funny Posts or die nobly in the attempt! what say you? will you join me, or wallow in the mud like a dog!?

unfortunately i think it'll take the restoration of my physical and mental well being for that machine to be fixed and, while i'm working on it, it's taking a while and there's not much i can do in the short term other than ride out the rough patch

case in point: i tried for 10+ minutes to think of a fun reply to this post but came up blank, and honestly i think i just need to go lay down for a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

tl;dr life is hard

that's enough of my wet-blanket bellyaching for one thread though!

how about i resurrect an old thing i remember that i have no idea if anyone is still doing or not and CONTENT GAME

top 3 gut reads, let's go

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hi my name is chic trombone and I have to have the most posts or i need to make lots of posts to do a thing amirite?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay is a treasure
Gulag is king
AA is my favorite

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Or did you mean gut reads about players in this game?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My gut is telling me tobbs, to be, and uh, I guess tobbs(?) Are scum

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gx told me they were just going to let me win this game and this is all just a preaamble sorry to let you know that

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

for me:

Epsilon is town - he doesn't seem like he's forcing any of his posts, which though i know it's still kinda jokephase (partially because of my torrent of shitposting today), in my experience scum still tend to be at least a little bit awkward and self-conscious of their jokes because they want to look as neutral as possible

Soaring Kestrel i lean scum on - i'm feeling a bit better since they backed down, but their "i'm going to vote on a really obvious joke" with a paragraph of justification rubs me the wrong way w/r/t towniness

kashuno is probably town - the claim felt too honest tbqh and i feel like if he were scum he could just ask his scumbuddies and not have to make the claim in-thread at all

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

gx told me they were just going to let me win this game and this is all just a preaamble sorry to let you know that

GX whispers a lot of sweet nothings in the late night hours, pay no mind

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hi my name is chic trombone and I have to have the most posts or i need to make lots of posts to do a thing amirite?

i just have a lot on my mind and am actively trying to be engaged, friend

that said i realize i'm aggressively shitposting at this point and i'm sorry about that

Mr. Humalong posted:

Or did you mean gut reads about players in this game?

i'm trying to steer us away from my gobbledygook posting and into mafia time yes

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

xiw posted:

Wouldn't want to waste a day on it without some indication that votes are going through / valid though.

:siren: To clarify: right now, votefinder is accurate, though nep-nep is the anonymous vote; I was too lazy to hunt through the BBCode to change that one line, and the site doesn't let me directly choose him as a voter.

As soon as the voting list ceases to be accurate — or more precisely, as soon as I realize it has ceased to be accurate — I'll post an actually correct votal.
:siren:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hello

Friends

Do not vote Asiina

I wish to make her

GUN

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Hello

Friends

Do not vote Asiina

I wish to make her

GUN

I don't think we can which is the whole point of that sneaky THUNDERDOME

but otherwise I agree; the GUN is good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gun was a bad western game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
red dead revolver and desprados, now those are good western games

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Gunz was a very fun game.

The best part of Gunz was actually that the sword only modes were the best modes.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Kashuno posted:

Hello

Friends

Do not vote Asiina

I wish to make her

GUN

Like the robots from Sonic Adventure 2?

I was always very confused about them and who was making or employing them.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
I think that one of the people under a PR might be scum though. Feels like a really good way to not say anything for the game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

that awkward moment when you realize your eternal pr is making bad posts :negative:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Chic Trombone posted:

unfortunately i think it'll take the restoration of my physical and mental well being for that machine to be fixed and, while i'm working on it, it's taking a while and there's not much i can do in the short term other than ride out the rough patch

case in point: i tried for 10+ minutes to think of a fun reply to this post but came up blank, and honestly i think i just need to go lay down for a bit

chic do you need a hug, buddy?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wow we are very amused.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

We endorse voting NepNep because anon vote doesn't seem very town?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

We

##vote NepNep

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Asiina posted:

CL there is a very real thunderdome between me and bee movie that people are ignoring and it makes me sad.

##vote bee movie I did my part

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Azurelana posted:

I think that one of the people under a PR might be scum though. Feels like a really good way to not say anything for the game.

https://twitter.com/chelz_xoxoxo/status/1090807642317037570

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

"Mark Twain posted:

Hain't we got all the fools in town on our side? And hain't that a big enough majority in any town?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

sincerely disappointed at the lack of engagement in content game

Epsilon Plus posted:

chic do you need a hug, buddy?

nah i'll probably be ok, chronic health stuff just getting me down. i got up and did something productive for a bit and felt a little better about life

thank you, though

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

OMGVBFLOL makes a gagging noise and pantomimes a dry heave.

OMGVBFLOL points at Tobbs Gnawed, then gives a thumbs-down.

##vote Tobbs Gnawed

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Chic Trombone posted:

sincerely disappointed at the lack of engagement in content game

I tried! I just don't really have a top 3 because everyone isn't saying much. :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

OMGVBFLOL makes a gagging noise and pantomimes a dry heave.

OMGVBFLOL points at Tobbs Gnawed, then gives a thumbs-down.

##vote Tobbs Gnawed

:awesome:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had a dream that GX gave me a really dumb role in a mafia game. But then it was real!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not kidding. I had a dream that we were playing this mafia game in real life in a field, but it was just nonsense and people were running around being idiots.

Then I kissed a boy I liked, but it wasn't any of you, sorry.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

I'm not kidding. I had a dream that we were playing this mafia game in real life in a field, but it was just nonsense and people were running around being idiots.

Then I kissed a boy I liked, but it wasn't any of you, sorry.

I had a dream giant robots encased the last of humanity in a massive dome of ice.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Chic Trombone posted:

tl;dr life is hard

that's enough of my wet-blanket bellyaching for one thread though!

how about i resurrect an old thing i remember that i have no idea if anyone is still doing or not and CONTENT GAME

top 3 gut reads, let's go

rather than just 3 top gut reads can we play marry/f.../kill mason/cop/vig?

Mason: Chic. No real rhyme or reason for this one, just think I'd enjoy it.

Cop: Nep-Nep. I agree with *checks notes* Azurelana that the PRs may be hiding scum and I think Nep-Nep's, which appears to be "can only post in quotes/tweets", is going to be a hard one to read. (I know they are not in votefinder yet so if that means they don't count then I'd go with OMGVBFLOL for their PR)

Vig: Normally I would use this on a poster I have a hard time reading but no one in this game is in that particular blind spot/I don't think of really as crap posters soooooo lets go with Snooze for not inviting me to their birthday party that one time.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mr. Humalong posted:

imgay is a treasure
Gulag is king
AA is my favorite

I take it back, I'd vig huma for this post

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I would Mason KhediveRex because he would organize everyone's claims etc for me.

I would cop Kashuno because I always think he's scum, especially when he's town.

I would vig bee because bee is scum in 90% of games.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Bee are you town?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hello I am work posting.

Mason uhhhhhh I dunno. Chic feels the best right now.

Cop b- or OMG because I can't read them.

Vig Nep-Nep or Asiina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hmmmmmm.

Mason - pera probably, for social reasons. for in-game reasons probably kash as he's my towniest read right now

Cop - Nep or OMG, because PRs are pretty ambiguous to read and comparatively more difficult to analyze than regular posts. Probably Nep over OMG, since at least OMG can use their own phrasing for their posts

Vig - either Asiina or the bee movie, for THUNDERDOME related reasons