Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my role is confusing

the op says there are reasons not to mass claim but what if we mass claim the role we didn't pick... i did not pick the wizard.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gx told me they were just going to let me win this game and this is all just a preaamble sorry to let you know that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gun was a bad western game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
red dead revolver and desprados, now those are good western games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I'm not kidding. I had a dream that we were playing this mafia game in real life in a field, but it was just nonsense and people were running around being idiots.

Then I kissed a boy I liked, but it wasn't any of you, sorry.

boring dream, it sucks, also that boy was satan, and you are going to hell

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Remember that time I had a dream that you were scum and then you were scum.

That was a good game.

no and no

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah taht is a stupid dream too i am mean now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

I Had A Dream.

I Was In a Hotel Room Watching Cable Television. There Was No One Else In The Room, But I Was Distractedly Carrying On A Conversation With My Mother.

And In The Dream, I Noticed The Oddity. How Can I Be Talking With Anyone When I'm The Only Person In The Room? I Realized I Was Dreaming.

And Then I Felt The Real World.

I Was Keenly Aware Of Myself, Lying In My Bed, In A State Of Deep But Unsettled Sleep. And I Tried To Wake Myself, But Couldn't. No Matter How Hard I Tried, I Was Just Too Deeply Asleep. I'd Roll. I'd Open A Single Eye. I'd Tell Myself "You've Absolutely Got To Wake Up". And Then I'd Fade. Stumble Back Into The Warm Embrace Of Dream.

And In My Dreams I Was Asleep In Bed, Desperately Trying To Wake Up.

And In The Waking World I Was Asleep In Bed, Desperately Trying To Wake Up.

This Persisted For What Felt Like Hours. UNTIL I COULD NO LONGER DISCERN WHAT WAS REAL AND WHAT WAS DREAM.

I Crawled From Bed On More Than One Occasion. Threw Myself to the Floor and Scurried To The Adjacent Office Chair, Breathing Deeply In Exhaustion. Only To Notice A Spider On My Floor. Which Took Flight And Landed On My Bedspread. And I Noticed The Oddity Of A Flying Spider And Told Myself, "I Am Still Dreaming".

And Then I Was Keenly Aware Of Myself, Lying In My Bed, In A State Of Deep But Unsettled Sleep. And I Tried To Wake Myself, But Couldn't.

I Threw Myself To The Floor And Scurried To The Adjacent Office Chair, Breathing Deeply In Exhaustion. And I Noticed The Hymns Of A Distant Children's Choir. And I Told Myself, "I Am Still Dreaming."

But For The Dozen Times I Fooled Myself Into Thinking I Was Free, For Each There Were A Dozen Struggles Where I Did Not Succeed, Could Not Wake. I Was A Prisoner Of My Dream. And My Dream Wore The Mask Of My Reality. And For Hours I Wondered Who I Was, The Man Fighting In Dream Or The Man Fighting In Bed. It Changed Too Quickly For Me To Be Certain.

And Then I Woke Up. And Pinched Myself For Roughly An Hour. I Stared Into My Mirror, Scurtinizing The Face Inside. Was It The Same Face That I Remembered? I Recited Everything I Could Remember About The Preceeding Day With A Manic Paranoia. How Much Of It Was True? How Much Was A Cruel Illusion?

Finally, I Ate A Banana. And Went Back To Bed.

And For All These Reasons.

##vote Snooze Cruise

what the gently caress

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##shoot xiw

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i killed a god

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i should have shot asiina instead since hse is scum this game

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Wow, extremely rude.

Why didn't you shoot me????

see

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
##vote asiina
i recommend we don't vote me because i am town aligned and stuff would happen

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

Why Did You Shoot Xiw?

It Reads A Lot Like Scum Suicide-Vigging. You Know?

ever heard of the id, the ego, and the super ego

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait what is scum sucide vigging

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

Why Did You Shoot Xiw?

##vote khediverex
scum sucide-vigging, something about this phrase is off

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

This just makes me want to read His Dark Materials again. It's been a few decades.

asiina these peoople don't understand my insciticts also does scum sucide vigging bother you like it bothers me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Look out once I get turned into GUN

asiina knows who i am this is scary

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

asiina knows who i am this is scary

did you figure it out because you knew i didn't pick the wizard does that mean you are the wizard i don't know how the draft works

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

also ##vote Snooze Cruise for aformentioned reasons, dropping a vig d1 on a person who isn't even the vote leader? jesus dude

im not a dude

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

peramene posted:

put hsi dick material down

what the gently caress

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pera yu should vote this rex guy soemthing about the way he said "sucide vig" bothers me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I call my wife dude

(She also is not a dude)

wow you suck

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
xiw i have to say i am sorry for shooting you because now there are a lot more people i just want to shoot way more

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't really care what you call your wife don't be all like stupid snarky with me b*tch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

##vote tobbs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

i rather be voting rex but dieeeee

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

Really Guys, The Vote Is Snooze Today, Pretty Obviously.

They Vig The First Person To Vote Against Them After A Case Is Made. Haven't Defended Themselves Against The Case. Won't Provide Any Explination For Shooting Xiw, A Person Not On Anyone's Radar. And Now Their Top Scum Read Is Against The Person Who Raised The Case On Them Because "Suicide Vig" Is Such An Alien Expression It Can't Be Said By Town.

We Have Three Hours. Let's Do The Thing.

the problem with what you said and how you said it was how immediately you created this narrative and label it when both i was not close to death and you use the label as if its like some sort of offical status

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
voting me would be a waste of time and you will also see how clearly this is not a "sucide" vig, but then you will be able to spin it as a different move that scum would do and then try to vote me tommorow, but by that point ti would be pointelss because i would be clear by a newly minted town player, but i would be dead because the beast or whatever is in the op will have had killed me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

I Call Everyone I Know Man. Including Women, Children, Animals, And Various Articles Of Technology.

ok you are even more annoying than tobbs again ##vote rex

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

people who've played more recently than me: is this like, normal for SC

me not being beholden by enforced narratives created by players who want to express any sort of minimal power they can yes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

SC what is your opinion on GUN?

the video game???

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't why guys act so proud when tehy are like "i call everyone dude" or "i call everyone man"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Epsilon Plus posted:

I am genuinely sorry that I called you "dude"

this isn't going to change my vote, but

do you want to offer any explanation as to why you shot the person you did?

oh i am more annoyed with the later people who are doing what i am saying

instincts, pure gut reaction

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean the proudness in which the say it just really outs that the whole "i call everyone dude/man" thing is super loving performative because you sure as hell know there are certain contexts where straight dudes are not calling women "dude"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am going to quickly give my whole mafia philosopy drivel: i play this game as a game about communication and insticts and am against any sort of treatment of this game as some sort of like poker aspect hands thingy that you have to do certain things or stuff about meta blah blah blah everyone plays mafia wrong but me

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

KhediveRex posted:

They Have Interacted With The Thread Very Minimally. They Have Not Voiced An Opinion On The Asiina/B- Thunderdome. They Didn't Respond To Chic's Request For Top Three Gut Reads. They Haven't Followed Clord's Suggestion Of Mason/Cop/Vig. They Haven't Really Thrown Shade At Anyone Except To Call People's Dreams Bad. And They've Been Here Everyday.

KhediveRex posted:

Why Did You Shoot Xiw?

KhediveRex posted:

Really Guys, The Vote Is Snooze Today, Pretty Obviously.

They Vig The First Person To Vote Against Them After A Case Is Made. Haven't Defended Themselves Against The Case. Won't Provide Any Explination For Shooting Xiw, A Person Not On Anyone's Radar. And Now Their Top Scum Read Is Against The Person Who Raised The Case On Them Because "Suicide Vig" Is Such An Alien Expression It Can't Be Said By Town.

there is something about these three posts, compared to each other that feels hypocrticial

i think its the you know after the sucide-vigging that is bothering me a lot, because its like "SCUM SUCIDE VIGGING" offical term, and then following it up after with the you know

also the third post, really guys, the vote is snooze today, pretty obviously, something about that is wrong, like ignoring the "i am forced to write posts in this way" thing. like it isn't so much an appeal to other players, but more a enforcement of narrative

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Soaring Kestrel posted:

this is such a bad callout. it's day 1, i have given concrete opinions, i have put together a discussion of why i have a problem with chaoslord's posting specifically and i think that has merit

if you want to ignore that stuff fine but like what do you actually want from me? a six paragraph case with citations on day one? good luck

content and effort isn't making a bunch of paragraphs as i clearly stated time and time again
but it is responding and interacting with other players in anyway possible, not just the ways others dictacte as you should respond. its a game about communication, who gives a poo poo about day one, its a game about communication, you can communicate day one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the way people play mafia online is like so loving antithetical to like the concept of traitor games its a communication game not a "THERE IS A LOT OF SET RITUALS AND STEP BY STEP RULES TO MAKING A CASE AND BLAH BLAH BLAH" game