Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

This game is a disaster, and you’re all invited to the party. I have a bunch of really terrible (or genius, depending on your point of view) roles that I wanted to let fly. Many are convoluted. At least one is stolen wholesale from a game only one person here will have ever even heard of. Do not play this game if you require balanced setups. Do not play this game if you are afraid of quasi-bastard moderation (no outright lying, but definitely not a setup that just runs on its own.) There is technically a puzzle in this game, but for most players, it is a game that can be won in a...semi-normal fashion.

Overall Rules

Normal mafia rules exist, and even though they are going to be violated by many of the roles in this game, please do follow them unless your role has you break them. If you think I’m messing something up, feel free to message me. (That is a link, by the way; go read it if you need a refresher.)

• You may, however, continue posting until the start of the night phase. Be aware that the night starts as soon as I actually post the flip or when votefinder says it does, whichever comes first.

:siren: You are not free once you have died. There may be mechanisms for restoring dead players to life, or for the dead to contribute in other ways. Do not talk about this game even if you’re dead in it. :siren:

• Votefinder, while around, will by design not actually work correctly for this game. I’ll be tallying votes myself alongside SK’s precious code child.

Lurking and Scheduling

• Days are ~48 hours. Nights are ~24 hours, or until I’ve resolved all actions.

• Don’t sign up just to lurk, please. If you are ever under 7 x the previous in-game day # in terms of posts, you will be freely, publicly daykillable by any other player. (EX: On day 3, if you have less than 14 posts, you can be freely slaughtered, like the coward you are.) This is a dayaction using the format ##lurkerkill [player], where [player] is whoever the lurker dork happens to be.

• You escape this status by...posting more. Get back to the threshold, and you're safe again. Spamming will be frowned on, but not stopped. If you have extraordinary circumstances, I’ll happily listen. I will try to make clear who is killable at the end of each day.

Role Stuff

• This is role madness, but, like, actual madness. Call it setup madness, it's more accurate. Scumhunting is still worth it, though.

• Roles will, aside from the first 2, be chosen by player draft from a limited subset of the list of role names. The role draft order has been randomized by signup slot. Trust me, this makes more sense in practice.

• Don’t massclaim. In fact, you probably won't want to claim at all. He’s here to stop you. This is your only warning.

Win Conditions

• Almost everyone starts with at least two copies of their own win condition. If this is confusing, think of a win condition like a ring, and whoever wears that ring can win with whatever condition that ring gives them. Nearly everyone starts with two or more such rings.

• If you share anyone else’s win condition, you both win if that win condition is fulfilled. You may or may not remain in the game once you have won. You may be able to win twice over.

• If you have contradictory win conditions, you win based on whichever you have more of.

• If your win conditions do not contradict, or if you have an equal amount of contradictory conditions, you may win with either.

• If you would ever drop to zero win conditions, you are treated as having your last held win condition. It can no longer be taken or copied.

• The generic town wincondition is: “You are a member of the town, and you win if there no longer exist any antagonistic elements among the living.”

Everything Else

• Everyone who wants to be involved, either observing or playing, must join the following discord: https://discord.gg/EsbrfQp

• Feel absolutely free to ask questions privately if any of this doesn’t make sense. It might still not, after I answer, but I’ll do my best.

• The game will start once all slots are filled and I can work up the willpower to steer this metaphorical titanic into a metaphorical iceberg.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Player List:
  1. Asiina - WINNER
  2. A Sometimes Food
  3. Azurelana
  4. b-minus1
  5. chaoslord
  6. Chic Trombone
  7. Epsilon Plus
  8. Kashuno
  9. 28766f69642a2930
  10. Mr. Humalong
  11. OMGVBFLOL
  12. peramene
  13. Podima
  14. Rhjamiz
  15. Snooze Cruise
  16. Soaring Kestrel
  17. SolusLunes
  18. Tobbs Gnawed
  19. xiw

Replacements

Observers
    1. Max
    2. jimmydalad
    3. Sniper4625
    4. Bifauxnen
    5. Nep-Nep

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Feb 12, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SolusLunes posted:

dammit gx there isn't a space in my name why does everyone do that

fixed

it you

jimmydalad posted:

Am I allowed to join the observers or is that still under the player cap?

just reached the halfway point, you're in

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh drat I forget to add “Don’t be a dick to other players, I can and will step in in private if things get ugly, but you can always PM or DM me if you’re concerned.”

Treat that as a rule/guideline too please

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Epsilon Plus posted:

also when is this closing/starting up?

When all 20 people join the game, join the discord server, and allow me to contact them on there for the role draft thing I'm doing.

Game'll probably start when everyone has their role PMs, though I might not start until monday b/c super bowl

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'd like to play. Or observe if there's no more room.

Still 6 (or 7, I'm still not entirely sure what Snooze wants) slots, you're good to play.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

There's no gimmickry going on yet with the signup list, btw

I just have no idea what "..." means from snooze

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:thunk:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Nep-Nep posted:

Oh looking again it can accomodate up to 20? Then yes deffo in.

It's a 20 person game; 15 (and maybe 16 depending on whether Snooze Cruise is playing or not, goddammit girl give me a straight answer) people have signed up thus far

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ok, so, two things:

1) The game is full if snooze is playing, but I'll be rude and kick her over to the observer or replacements list if anyone else signs up

2) everyone really does need to get in the discord; I'll link it via rolepm, but I'm using individual channels instead of google sheets for actions and such. Also important for the role draft!

Jen X fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Feb 2, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Snooze is indeed in, so while I'm not starting the game until sunday night at the earliest, y'all should hop in the discord channel so I can do the role draft thing correctly.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Alright, so, the role draft: I *could* have just randomized the role list, but I thought it might be fun to add a small bit of player choice. I've randomized the player list, and each of you (well, mostly) will get two role names to pick from.

I'll ask you to choose through messaging on discord, and then send you a normal role PM. Sound good? I don't care if it does or not, none of you can respond anyway.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

One thing to add: everyone has ~12 hours to pick, or I'll choose for you so the draft can continue.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The game begins. I am not sorry.

:siren: 16 players are alive. 9 votes are needed for execution. :siren:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 4, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oops, deadline is at 10:00 pm EST in two days.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

xiw posted:

Wouldn't want to waste a day on it without some indication that votes are going through / valid though.

:siren: To clarify: right now, votefinder is accurate, though nep-nep is the anonymous vote; I was too lazy to hunt through the BBCode to change that one line, and the site doesn't let me directly choose him as a voter.

As soon as the voting list ceases to be accurate — or more precisely, as soon as I realize it has ceased to be accurate — I'll post an actually correct votal.
:siren:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:siren: Kashuno leaps. :siren:

As you were.

----------------

Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (4): Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, OMGVBFLOL, KhediveRex, KhediveRex
Soaring Kestrel (2): Chic Trombone, Nep-Nep
b-minus1 (2): Rhjamiz, chaoslord
Chic Trombone (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): b-minus1
OMGVBFLOL (0): Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel
KhediveRex (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
xiw (0): Chic Trombone, b-minus1, b-minus1, Chic Trombone
Snooze Cruise (0): KhediveRex, KhediveRex

Not Voting (7): A Sometimes Food, Azurelana, Epsilon Plus, peramene, Snooze Cruise, Soaring Kestrel, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 hours, 51 minutes.

The vote count is currently accurate.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 6, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Well now.

:siren: xiw, The Dreaming God, has died! He was town aligned. :siren:

Day 1 continues, the deadline is in about 4 1/2 hours.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 6, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hey, timeout for a second:

Everyone please take a step back. This is just a game, and I'd really rather this not blow up further.

Some specific stuff:

- please don't argue when someone tells you what pronouns they'd like used for them. It's rude and obnoxious.
- don't be an rear end to people, it doesn't make the game better for anyone.
- everyone please drop the topic of snooze's conduct or attitude right now, it's not an argument that can or should be had during the game.

I'll speak privately with anyone who wants to talk, but seriously, I don't want to see y'all driving towards personal attacks, alright? Whether faked or real, it doesn't matter.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (3.5): Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, OMGVBFLOL, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Snooze Cruise, Mr. Humalong, Snooze Cruise, peramene
KhediveRex (3): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Chic Trombone, Nep-Nep
Snooze Cruise (2): KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Epsilon Plus, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Azurelana
chaoslord (1): Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel
Kashuno (1): b-minus1
Soaring Kestrel (0): Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Chic Trombone (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (3): A Sometimes Food, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 24 minutes.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 1

Tobbs Gnawed (3.5): Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, OMGVBFLOL, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Snooze Cruise, Mr. Humalong, Snooze Cruise, peramene
KhediveRex (3): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Chic Trombone, Anonymous
peramene (2): b-minus1, Mr. Humalong
Snooze Cruise (2): KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Epsilon Plus, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Azurelana
Kashuno (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): A Sometimes Food, Kashuno

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 48 minutes.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 1

KhediveRex (3): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Chic Trombone, Nep-Nep
Snooze Cruise (3): KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Epsilon Plus, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Azurelana, b-minus1
peramene (1): b-minus1, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): A Sometimes Food, Kashuno

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 06th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 6 minutes.

Also, I'm not updating this unless I need to. Use your brains!

Jen X fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 7, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Rex is at -2.5

I'm going back to playing jackbox

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:siren: Rex got hammered*

also he didn't die, n1 starts now
:siren:

*and I got my numbers mixed up b/c votefinder's formatting is hard to parse in bbcode, and I mixed him up with tobbs while under a time crunch from drawful

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Here's the final votecount:

Votecount for Day 1

KhediveRex (9): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Snooze Cruise, Chic Trombone, Rhjamiz, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Humalong, Kashuno, Tobbs Gnawed, Soaring Kestrel, Nep-Nep
Tobbs Gnawed (2.5): Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, OMGVBFLOL, KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Snooze Cruise, Mr. Humalong, Snooze Cruise, peramene, Tobbs Gnawed
peramene (1): b-minus1, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, Mr. Humalong b-minus1, b-minus1, b-minus1
Snooze Cruise (1): KhediveRex, KhediveRex, Epsilon Plus, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Azurelana, b-minus1, b-minus1, Epsilon Plus
b-minus1 (1): Rhjamiz, chaoslord, Rhjamiz
chaoslord (0): Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel, Soaring Kestrel

Not Voting (.5): A Sometimes Food

With 15 alive, it was 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is over.

No one was below the post count limit! I'm proud of you all.

:siren: Please have your actions in, via your discord channels, by 9:30 pm EST tomorrow night. :siren:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 7, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Good morning, people! The following events have occurred over the course of the night:

:siren: xiw has been resurrected :siren:

:siren: Azurelana, the Author, has died! She was Third Party aligned. :siren:

:siren: b-minus1, the Itemizer, has died! He was Scum aligned. :siren:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Custody of Snooze Cruise is up for voting! To participate, you should type ##custodyvote [player], where the [player] in question is the person you want to have custody of Snooze Cruise.*

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

KhediveRex has been replaced with birdstrike/28766f69642a2930/whatever the heck he's going by.

:siren: Deadline is at 10 PM EST, Saturday, February 9th :siren:

*No, I am not going to tell you what this means or does.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hold up, multiple day actions have occurred!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Chic Trombone posted:

but what if i ##wield Snooze Cruise

Chic Trombone now wields Snooze Cruise.

peramene posted:

##ressurect azurelana 3p or no this bitch deserves a break

:siren: Azurelana has been resurrected. :siren:

Current Custody Votals

Epsilon Plus (1): Epsilon Plus
Snooze Cruise (1): Soaring Kestrel
Podima (1): Kashuno [the gently caress is a "podad", is that Podima, I'm gonna assume so, lmao]
A Sometimes Food (0.5): Peramene

Everyone else: not voting or being voted for.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

28766f69642a2930 posted:

sorry. im sorry, im trying to remove it

:siren: Editing your posts is not allowed.

(I've wanted to do this to you since you [inaccurately] called me out on it like a year and a half ago) :siren:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3.5): Tobbs Gnawed, A Sometimes Food, 28766f69642a2930, Nep-Nep Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
28766f69642a2930 (1): Soaring Kestrel
Azurelana (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930, Azurelana
Chic Trombone (1): Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima

Not Voting (9): chaoslord, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Humalong, OMGVBFLOL, peramene, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise, xiw

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snooze Custody Votals

Snooze Cruise (2): Soaring Kestrel, xiw
Chic Trombone (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Epsilon Plus
Podima (1): Kashuno [more accurately, for "podad"]
A Sometimes Food (1): peramene, A Sometimes Food

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 8, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Chic Trombone, the Doc, reveals themselves.

Role PM posted:

You are the Doc. Whenever a player’s role is revealed, you gain a daykill charge that may only be used on that specific player. You may only daykill—

Chic smiles at the quote, waves, and the feed cuts out.

Azurelana has been obliterated as the Author! She was Third Party aligned.

:siren: xiw, The Dreaming God, falls to the ground, dead once more! He was town-aligned. :siren:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3.5): Tobbs Gnawed, A Sometimes Food, 28766f69642a2930, Nep-Nep Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Chic Trombone (1): Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Kashuno (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930

Not Voting (9): chaoslord, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Humalong, OMGVBFLOL, peramene, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise, Kashuno

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Snooze Custody Votals

Podima (3): Kashuno, Tobbs Gnawed, Mr. Humalong
Snooze Cruise (1): Soaring Kestrel
Chic Trombone (1): Epsilon Plus
Kashuno (1): 28766f69642a2930

Jen X fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 8, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 2

Chic Trombone (1): Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima

Not Voting (9): chaoslord, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Mr. Humalong, OMGVBFLOL, peramene, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise, Kashuno

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 2

Chic Trombone (1): Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Chic Trombone, the Doc, continues to reveal themselves.

Role PM posted:

You are the Doc. Whenever a player’s role is revealed, you gain a daykill charge that may only be used on that specific player. You may only kill twice per day. When you first activate your daykill (by posting ##obliterate [player] as [that player’s role]), your—

The quote trails off...

Soaring Kestrel, The Necromancer, has been obliterated! She was town aligned.

Votecount for Day 2

Chic Trombone (1): Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Snooze Custody Votals

Chic Trombone (2): Epsilon Plus, Chic trombone

Jen X fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 9, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

chaoslord posted:

No one did this, I guess I should have said it like :siren:gift:siren:

(See your discord channel.)

Everyone else, game continues, ignore the quoted post.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3.5): Tobbs Gnawed, A Sometimes Food, 28766f69642a2930 Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Chic Trombone (2.5): peramene, OMGVBFLOL Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Mr. Humalong (1): Nep-Nep

Not Voting (7): chaoslord, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Snooze Custody Votals

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Maf edit before anyone can complain.

(you missed the "he" in the same sentence, you dork)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

chaoslord posted:

##gift kashuno

:siren: Kashuno has received a gift. :siren:

Continue on, everyone.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 9, 2019

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I’m on my phone so I’m not posting the votecount, but none of the votes for SK are being counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Votecount for Day 2

Tobbs Gnawed (3.5): Tobbs Gnawed, A Sometimes Food, 28766f69642a2930 Chic Trombone 28766f69642a2930 28766f69642a2930 Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Chic Trombone (2.5): peramene, OMGVBFLOL Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima Podima
Mr. Humalong (1): Nep-Nep

Not Voting (7): chaoslord, Chic Trombone, Epsilon Plus, Kashuno, Mr. Humalong, Rhjamiz, Snooze Cruise

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 09th, 2019 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 29 minutes.

Snooze Custody Votals

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I said votes for SK aren't being counted, I meant, literally, that votefinder (and also my edited, accurate votecount) can and will ignore them. She's not a valid vote target. And, fun as it might be, neither am I, birb :v:

Jen X fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 10, 2019