Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dec 26, 2012

Easy Diff posted:

Reminder that Cam Newton, an NFL MVP and guy that willed his team to the Super Bowl a few years ago, has never, ever gotten a "Roughing the Passer" call as a quarterback, because's he's 6'5" and 245 lbs and black, but also a rushing threat (because black people have to be 10x better than equivalent white people to get the job).

This is not hyperbole. In his 8 year career, he has literally never gotten a "roughing the passer" flag, it's a running joke in the NFL.

Because he's mobile, even though he's built like a brick shithouse, refs have ~*somehow*~ decided that getting clobbered by defenders even while he's in the pocket is his fault and haven't thrown a flag for him in a decade of playing time.

Meanwhile, if you tap Tom Brady (6'4", 225, and just south of "glacial" in terms of mobility) while he still has the ball, it's 15 yards and a first down.

he's gotten a few since 2016 (one in particular i remember because i was watching that game last year). it's definitely true how he gets significantly less than some people

http://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

everything is nerd culture now and it sucks

Dec 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Consumption is the only kind of identity most people have left now. Everything's been either co-opted into it or obliterated.

You tell people they shouldn't be defined by what they consume, but what else do they have?

this was mostly what i meant by "everything is nerd culture now" tbh