Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So my brother is going to be directing a movie based on the YA book Night Circus. That's pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cool. No idea what the book's about, but I liked Patti Cake$ a lot.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Cool. No idea what the book's about, but I liked Patti Cake$ a lot.

I haven't read the book, but my understanding of it is that it's the Prestige mixed with Romeo and Juliet taking place in a traveling circus where magic is real and a lot of trippy stuff happens.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since it's a traveling circus do they have to haul the dead Hugh Jackman's around from town to town?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've been working on the first bug chunk of reading 2000ad and

https://twitter.com/SeeSpotGoranger/status/1101121900170932224?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Shot

https://www.cbr.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-comic-book/amp/ posted:

Devil's Due Comics has announced Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Freshman Force, a one-shot special commemorative issue, will be released on May 15. Featuring an all-star lineup of creators, including Jill Thompson (Scary Godmother) and Jose Garibaldi (The LEGO Movie 2), the issue will feature an anthology of short stories as the Congresswoman takes on the GOP in heroic, satirical adventures.

quote:

Devil's Due Publisher Josh Blaylock observed. "While we all don’t agree on everything, we share a common excitement for the breath of fresh air the new Congress brings.

Chaser
https://twitter.com/Nick_Hanover/status/1101162447283597312?s=19

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Publisher: What'd you think we meant by 'Due'?

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
Guys, Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt #2 is really good.

Though I pity the poor person completely new to comics that might pick it up cause it's all kinds of meta and referential.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm sure it's not impossible, but I have a hard time imagining someone new to comics picking it up. "Peter Cannon? Is that a movie?"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Peter Cannon: Thunderbolt is a good comic y'all. It also has some funny Watchmen jokes if you're into that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1101543641045192705

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Ugh think you missed the Terribleness thread with that one

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Still not as bad as one of John Scalzi's burritos.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

We live near a sort of obnoxiously boutique ice-cream parlor and they occasionally have a pickle flavor, or rather, a cucumber and dill flavor. It isn't bad-- no vinegar but the dill goes a long way.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So, um, shouldn't we have March thread now?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Time is a flat circle

Frankly, I don't know why we have monthly threads, we are in a slow rear end subforum, this one got to 5 pages.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think it's because we didn't see Batman's penis this month. There really hasn't been anything to talk about.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

David D. Davidson posted:

I think it's because we didn't see Batman's penis this month. There really hasn't been anything to talk about.

You could talk about my birthday being in March.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

You could talk about my birthday being in March.

Maybe you should make the March thread, then.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's women's history month but listing all the instances of rape and fridging in comics sounds depressing

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Maybe you should make the March thread, then.

Can't. Getting drunk for my birthday

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

site posted:

It's women's history month but listing all the instances of rape and fridging in comics sounds depressing

you could list all the good female comic writers and artists instead

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
First two arcs of Red Sonya by Gail Simone are :black101: but have little to no sexual violence. Also does away with the dumb "will bed no man until they defeat her in combat" thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that the series where she arrived in present day?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The greatest horror action comic of all time, Dorohedoro, is written and drawn by a lady. It's got tons of great bloody fights, disgusting body horror, and like five will they won't they romances that are super cute and not just aggravating like most will they won't they romances

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Is that the series where she arrived in present day?

No, it's still set in wherever Red Sonya is normally set. I read it on Hoopla if your library has access to that.

Queen of Plagues is the first arc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmm. What am i thinking of? I think she steal a motorcycle and a leather jacket.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Rhyno posted:

Hmmm. What am i thinking of? I think she steal a motorcycle and a leather jacket.

Sonja's reverse isekai (:smaug:) adventures were written by Amy Chu and collected under the name Worlds Away. There was also a Sonja in-between that and Simone's by Marguerite Bennett. Chu's run just ended and a new one is starting up written by *checks notes* Mark Russell????

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gripweed posted:

The greatest horror action comic of all time, Dorohedoro, is written and drawn by a lady. It's got tons of great bloody fights, disgusting body horror, and like five will they won't they romances that are super cute and not just aggravating like most will they won't they romances

This comic sucks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mr Hootington posted:

This comic sucks

I've only read the first 9 volumes so far, and maybe it gets worse later, but the part I've read has been fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Gripweed posted:

I've only read the first 9 volumes so far, and maybe it gets worse later, but the part I've read has been fantastic

It kinda falls apart when it escalates into a world ending threat that just drags on an on an loses it's charm quite a it, but until then it's pretty neat.