Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

What does the FBI use? HK420s? M69s?

If you don’t even know then you can’t say he’s wrong. Checkmate, libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Deathy McDeath posted:

Are bonuses typically taxed as regular income?

I thought they were taxed at a flat 25%.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

this is so stupid in so many ways.

not these two particular tweets but the events leading up to it are so, so stupid.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

So basically “sorry for the racist poo poo I did. But actually....”

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i wonder if russia wanted this to happen..

..hmmm tough to say

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

nvm

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Acebuckeye13 posted:

We at least should let him serve out 3/5 of his term.

and also establish another governor's office. one for him and one for justin fairfax. they'll have equal power, they'll just be separate.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

at some point i think we are going to have to come to accept that racism and sexual harassment was just accepted 20+ years ago. much like how "human being" was pretty widely used in the early 2000s.

i don't know how we move on from that other than stop electing old people, but some old white men doing some racist and/or sexist poo poo in the 1980s is one of the least surprising thing i can think of in 2019.

e: i'm not suggesting we just let it go. i don't know what the solution is. i just don't think anyone should be surprised when stories pop up like this. i think it was just normal for stuff like this to take place.

colachute fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 3, 2019

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

i root for the patriots because of how much nerdrage that comes from them winning

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/brandonspikes55...3D30%23lastpost

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Tom Brady is a system quarterback whose career trajectory would have mirrored Mark Brunnell’s had he not fallen into the team with the greatest coach of all time

the patriots have had like 3 completely different systems since that first sb though

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I love OutKast and Big Boi but I’m sorry daddy fat sacks this poo poo sucks.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Patriots were the only team that deserved to be in the Super Bowl.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’m laughing but not because it’s funny

https://twitter.com/business/status/1092092881521856514?s=21

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

FAUXTON posted:

oh man a terrible superweapon that's only defeated by *checks notes* polarized eyewear

Polarized eyewear is against regulation though so it’s the perfect weapon unless soldiers want extra duty for 45 days.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

FAUXTON posted:

What if they issue the polarized eyewear

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

They have to do like $6bn in testing first.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Vasudus posted:

the president is going to get his name blackballed like hitler :lol:

actually i'll have you know that as a matter of fact for your information there aren't many people named Jesus, either.

I have no idea if this is true in spanish cultures but evangelicals will push this idea if they were pressed on it

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Casimir Radon posted:

Schultz seems like he's challenged himself to become as hated as Donnie but without resorting to racism, instigating violence, or bragging about sexual assault.

So he’s a centrist!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I didn’t even know the SOTU was tonight. I can’t listen to this fucker for longer than the highlight video we will get from this so...

Enjoy to all those braver than I.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I hope he brings up 21 Savage and says we have a Canadian immigration problem and need a wall there too.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Imagine my shock that, as it turns out, the republican party isn’t the only one with a bunch of lovely people.

Also imagine my surprise in the connection that seems to exist between old white people and being lovely people.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

The rapist is a black dude. You're safer if you just say "men suck".

Yeah okay. This is fair.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

warren apologized for it at least.

if you want a candidate with nothing to apologize for, you better lower the age you can run for president to like... late-term abortion age.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/business/status/1093258500954882048?s=21

Something something walls work something.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1093531188621385728?s=21

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

It won’t stop but it’ll drastically improve when all the boomers die.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is a hot take I think?

https://twitter.com/liamstack/status/1093542723771084801?s=21

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ASAPI posted:

drat. How about we just vote against any incumbent until we fill Congress with people like her? I don't even care what their policies are at this point, just get rid of the "old guard".

I usually don’t watch these dumbass hearings because they are political theater and meaningless and you generally don’t learn anything but this is one that people should actually watch.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Speaking of imposter syndrome, I’m in grad school right now and it’s really weird dealing with really intelligent kids (I’m 5 years older than the next oldest person and 10 from my class average). They all have really bad imposter syndrome and are afraid to answer even the most basic questions in a group session or class.

Meanwhile my epitome of Dunning-Kruger self will blurt our poo poo regardless of the situation or if I have any understanding of the subject matter. I’ve had multiple students come up to me asking me how I’m able to not be afraid to speak up. I’ve taken to replying I’m an idiot incapable of basic emotions like fear or embarrassment.

Tell them that the way they judge you for speaking up is the way people will judge them for speaking up and that also it doesn’t matter because in the near future they won’t see any of these people again anyway.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Well it’s friday so there’s gonna be someone getting indicted or a story is going to break or something. It always is and you should just expect this type of thing every Friday.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Netflix paid $10m for an AOC doc.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Both sides, both sides.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

a friend of mine's dad got assaulted. he's from india and a sikh, and proudly wears his dastaar (the traditional headwear).

you can see where i'm going with this.

i'm so loving pissed right now.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

psydude posted:

You should walk around with a weapon looking for a redneck to take revenge on.

in 2019 that would probably end in a net gain for everyone

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

humans are a virus and you trying to talk sense into someone is like an aids molecule trying to talk sense into another aids molecule.

the planet isn't magic.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/PIX11News/status/1094062162048438277

#FreeWarnerWolf

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

BigDave posted:

Why would you even put the word 'plantation' there in the first place?

A friend of mine lives in Plantation, FL.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Prison is not a good deterrent. But also having to check a box saying you’ve been convicted of a felony when you try to get a job doesn’t help much either.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Chichevache posted:

Posting prison is used as a deterrent in this forum and it seems to work pretty well.

My other account has over 100 probations on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Jarmak posted:

When did prison stop being a deterrent? I have some amount of education in this and I'm going to need to see some works cited on that outrageous claim.

I'm suspecting this is somehow a result of the internet echo chamber taking the findings that the death penalty is not more of a deterrent than life in prison and running with it to completely unsupported places.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_9542312

quote:

Using a Bureau of Justice Statistic study finding inmates released from state prisons have a five-year recidivism rate of 76.6%, the USSC study calculated comparable federal prisoners released have a 44.7% re-arrest rate after five years.

I’d say that’s pretty damning evidence against prison being effective.