Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Red Oktober posted:

Was it live? You feel there must always be a sweating producer in the production room ready to cut the feed when he’s on.
What Ken doesn't know is that we have a special surprise guest on the show, all the way from a secluded village in Argentina.

2 is the smallest even prime number, and the combined number of testes of Adolf Hitler and Graham Linehan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
UKIP MEP cretin makes mad claim that " 100 lorries cross the ROI/NI border per day", gets extremely fact checked by TheJournal.ie (which is mostly terrible, but in this case I was like :hmmyes: )

https://twitter.com/TJ_FactCheck/status/1091277954833879040?s=19

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Made all the worse that loving Glinner is quoted on the BBC website giving a "tribute".

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I want this month to gently caress off already

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
Friendly PSA - it's a good idea to take a few minutes today and clear any snow off of the path you take from your front door to the pavement. Grab a shovel or broom and just get it off to the side of the path or the curb as needed. It's going to be freezing tonight, so any snow that's been compacted from being walked on is probably going to refreeze into hard ice, and that's really not a safe thing to have to walk on tomorrow. If you've got some neighbours that have any mobility issues, it would also be nice to offer to do it for their house as well.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, pretty much.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
A decent thread here which shows just how unrealistic it is to expect more concessions from the EU on the backstop. Nothing most of us here don't already know, but might help anyone who needs a primer. I still think an extension of A50 and then a general election is the most likely outcome at this point. These two weeks are just playing for time so the Tories can get things in motion.

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/1090903089941499904

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Tesseraction posted:

Yes, that Brexit you voted for needs to come around quicker.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

People are starving to death in this country, Andrew.

God this poo poo makes me so fuckin mad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Sinking our country into the sea is a moral good. :colbert:

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

Bardeh posted:

A decent thread here which shows just how unrealistic it is to expect more concessions from the EU on the backstop. Nothing most of us here don't already know, but might help anyone who needs a primer. I still think an extension of A50 and then a general election is the most likely outcome at this point. These two weeks are just playing for time so the Tories can get things in motion.

More posts like this in the thread please as they fill me with completely unearned, anxiety-relieving optimism okay thanks.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
We

Are

hosed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

communism bitch posted:

People are starving to death in this country, Andrew.

God this poo poo makes me so fuckin mad
What's the current death toll from austerity?

Need it because some people are crowing that 'nobody will starve because of brexit' and they already loving are.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Went all the way into work this morning just to find we're closed cause of the snow :negative:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Rarity posted:

Went all the way into work this morning just to find we're closed cause of the snow :negative:

owned

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

I went in to work for like an hour and a half this morning before realising hardly anyone else was in so just said gently caress it and came back home.

Managed to have a coffee and a bacon sandwich at work though so it wasn't all bad. Also walking through Castle Park was really nice in the snow!

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

What's the current death toll from austerity?

Need it because some people are crowing that 'nobody will starve because of brexit' and they already loving are.

Wasn't it something like 150,000 deaths above the average rates in the last ten years?

I remember hearing the horrifying turn of phrase that last winter we had 10,000 "surplus deaths" - death that couldn't be accounted for statistically for the average winter, with the implication being that they were due to factors such as hunger, fuel poverty, and NHS cuts leading to worse care for the elderly and infirm.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Tesseraction posted:

:emptyquote:

Rarity posted:

Pub.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
January ended shittily for me having to take my 13yr cat to the vet, turns out she had cancer. Never put a cat down that way before... She died in my arms and I just kept looking into her eyes, it was actually horrible. It's too cold to bury her so we have to keep her corpse in our freezer until spring. It feels undignified but what can you do :( Want to give her a proper burial in our yard.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

chestnut santabag posted:

Just a note on this from the previous thread - this would be in Cambridge and not in Antarctica.

That is uh not a lot of money to live on in Cambridge, where your rent and basic food supplies are assuredly not going to be free

Edit: my sympathies HDS :(

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Lot of #FBPEs must be chuffed about this weather eh?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

His Divine Shadow posted:

January ended shittily for me having to take my 13yr cat to the vet, turns out she had cancer. Never put a cat down that way before... She died in my arms and I just kept looking into her eyes, it was actually horrible. It's too cold to bury her so we have to keep her corpse in our freezer until spring. It feels undignified but what can you do :( Want to give her a proper burial in our yard.

So sorry - one of mine died in my arms (at home though) and I had to keep her in the freezer overnight (North African temperatures) until I could arrange burial next to her brother under the mango tree in the garden xxx

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My condolences, this is the worst part of sharing life with any creature, no matter how much I pretend it's having to clean up their poo poo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
oh good

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1091291752663797760

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Jose posted:

oh good

Well, it's not like there's anything urgent on that they need to devote some attention to.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is a great idea in the run-up to a potential election. Really good plan. :thumbsup:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1091294092154359813

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Vlex posted:

Reality continues to unravel in the wake of Bowie's death

Yeah, it's a real shame that pedo who made okay music died a while back.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

It's almost like when labour spoke to the EU they listened to them and worked out a solution that could actually work.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Get your bets in on what's going to be rationed first in 2019!

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/brexit/what-will-the-uk-government-officially-ration-first-in-2019

You can also get 1/3 on an extension of A50. I would say that's a pretty safe bet, although you'd need to wager a decent amount to actually see a worthwhile return.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 1, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its going to be fuel as everyone fills their car up right before the deadline

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol of course the Irish betting shop is the one doing brexit odds

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1091297112778780673

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

Miftan posted:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Bardeh posted:

This is a great idea in the run-up to a potential election. Really good plan. :thumbsup:

The Labour right want a Corbyn government as much as the Tories do.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

It's way better than letting them suffer. About the only thing that ever makes that experience less tough.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Miftan posted:

The 100 Greatest Britons Who Weren't Peds list is like Isaac Newton and Oliver Cromwell (maybe).

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
blackrock is major stakeholder in every company on the planet. you kinda have to be when you've got $6tn of money to invest

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maybe trillion dollar global investment corporations are bad in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

coffeetable posted:

blackrock is major stakeholder in every company on the planet. you kinda have to be when you've got $6tn of money to invest

well there is this too

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1091298633528602624