Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Tomorrow I'm going to crack open about $12,000 worth of Single Malt and see what people think of it!

It's a job, and someone has to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Humphreys posted:

So doggo is going to a good night. Why not completely gently caress my brain up more. I've just put the patch on. Lets see if second round works. My theory is if I'm gonna be hosed up mentally, might as well knock a few out of the yard together.

5 Second Edit: gently caress smoking

Kia Kaha mate. This whole week is going to suck, and the next. Feel free to PM me if you want to vent or just have a chat about doggos or anything else.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
When our annoying flatmate moved out, she turned off the mini fridge she was using and “forgot” about all the chicken she had in the freezer. Didn’t take long in this heat for me to find that :cry:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Humphreys posted:

Doggo gone, but one week cigarette free. If i can continue quitting in these circumstances, you can to.

You’re doing well. And you’re doing good for your self.

I know how poo poo both these things are, you’re tackling both at the same time.

This is seriously hard poo poo. You can do it.

You’re going to be irritable, GOD! gently caress!

It sucks but try to remember that you’re not yourself

If you wanna vent, pm me.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Humphreys posted:

I don't have PMs.

I was doing good until about 2 hours ago. Time to remelt a wedding ring.
Dog = wrecked and won't find a replacement.
Quitting cigarettes = don't want a replacement.
10 years finally and then a denied ring = cannot function.

(don't worry, not suicidal, just very very sad)

What a loving week to quit the darts. I'm pacing the house wanting to punch poo poo.

I’m really sorry Humphreys. That is so much for one person to deal with.

I don’t have any clever words for you, just keep hanging in there. Vent if you want to, there’s good advice in here.

:glomp:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Every single fixed speed trap in NSW has to have clearly marked signs before it. Every mobile non police car trap has to have signs before and after. Even the local Highway patrol dont quite hide like they used to - somethign about the constant visual reminders not to speed have a better effect on keeping driver behaviour in line than getting nasty letters int he mail.

Still doesnt stop the traps being revenue raisers and effective ones tho.

The difference between Victorian drivers and NSW drivers on the freeway is stark.

It’s rare to have a stream of traffic doing the actual speed limit in Vic, 10 - 20kph under seems to be the norm. Everyone is too scared of getting a ticket I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Apparently Lidl's £13.49 whisky won an award as "world's best scotch". Have bought a bottle to investigate...

Clearly you've done the right thing and tasted it and decided for yourself, but for your future reference this is pure marketing BS.

The whisky will have certainly won an award, most likely paid for in some way. It will not have been judged "best in the world" but more likely won a gold medal (alongside 50 other whiskies also deemed worthy of "gold". Whatever that means) Best case scenario it will have won "best in category", possibly in an astonishingly narrow category. Lidl's marketing team will have then twisted the concept to relate to consumers that their whisky has won "best scotch in the world*" hoping that you'll go drop your hard earned £13.49 on a bottle to see what all the fuss is about.

Awards for whiskies and other alcoholic products are handed out like candy at Halloween, usually to those that pay for them. It's a lovely part of the industry and I hate it.