Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Powershift posted:

Or he could move to Canada, import a Chevy Montana from Mexico.

e: that got me looking at mexican poo poo legal to import. among all the various peugeots and renaults, i've found a complete horror show.

The Dodge Attitude. a rebadged Mitsubishi Mirage. The first and second gen Attitude were rebadged Hyundai Accents. What did Mexico do to deserve this?

e:

It's like Sophie's Choice meets Russian roulette.

2nd gen ramchargers!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

e: ^holy gently caress. And sadly many people would have ignored that for a lot more than 20 minutes, you did good.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's actually easier. You can RIV a new Mexican car just like a US one.

Never mind that they still sell a car called the Dodge Neon...
https://www.dodge.com.mx/modelos/neon-2018/colores
OK it's a rebadged Fiat Tipo but loving still. Mexico gets all the cool Chryco poo poo.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 2, 2019

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

If we all waited for Jan 1st to make life changes we'd never make any progress.

were it not for jan 1 a lot of people would just keep putting those changes off indefinitely

it's a good catalyst to say ok now is the time to quit smoking or start lifting or eat more rear end or whatever, cause everyone else is

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

meatpimp posted:

That's too mean.

counterpoint: IANAL but a ticket with the wrong YMM seems like it might be easier to defend against in a courtroom
I'm still pissed cause the ticket that got my Festiva impounded was already paid by the time I realized it said Mazda GLC on it

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

It was no Cimmarron

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Chassis protection system output excessive

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Previa_fun posted:

:stare:

Bought an oculus rift. It owns. Wife is kicking my rear end at beat saber.

I should get my DK2 back from my brother. Racing games are fantastic when you can turn your head.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

E:not going there

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 15, 2019

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Isn't "douche" insulting to women, since it's used as a pejorative for dirty vag cleaning instruments, implying that the vagina is a dirty thing?

It doesn't imply the vagina is _inherently_ dirty. If someone cares more about getting laid than hygiene things can get smelly tho and the type of dude who's consistently hooking up with (and obvs also is one of) those types generally also has some undesirable personality traits.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kastein posted:

I use a torque wrench for harmonic balancers, carrier bearings, pinion nuts, axle nuts, flywheel bolts, ring gear bolts, head bolts, rod bolts, etc etc etc.

Anything that's holding two stationary parts together and doesn't affect my head gasket, bearing and gear alignment, or keep poo poo from flying off and cutting off my toes? It gets two pulls and a grunt. The two pulls and a grunt are carefully calibrated to the size of the bolt. Never had any issues.

This, but worth mentioning to be aware of the thread pitch, condition and engagement length, general fastener and component condition, wrench length (don't laugh), materials involved at all points etc. cause they'll all affect how much oof you should feed em. Having good judgement wrt those things is worth more than the finest torque wrench on the planet.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 23, 2019

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I wouldn't call it empathy as much as carefully and appropriately meted hatred but basically that yeah :v:

e: where's that "Approximately not going to fall out newton-metres" vid? haha got it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1IkFZkJts

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 23, 2019

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

because mine's so tiny :(
It's such an obvious thing that you might laugh that I even brought it up, but it's slipped my mind once or twice with foul consequences and I had an apprentice with a habit of almost never considering how big a stick he's beating the bolt with.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

worst goatse ever
(Gl everdave hope ur noodle's ok)